SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Enlightenus - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by SnowNSew on Jul 28, 10 11:16 AM
gimmegames wrote:I used to like playing HOG demo's better than actually buying the games, so there's games I tried in the past without really even thinking if it was worth buying.

I've done the same thing! Then I forget which ones I liked and which ones were just worth the hour. So, I started a spreadsheet to keep track. This one was on my "to buy" list. I am doing a happy dance.

Edited on 07/28/2010 at 11:17:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Kime12 on Jul 28, 10 11:21 AM
I bought the game at full price the first time out. It's really a fun game to play and at 2.99...what a bargain. Try the demo at least!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jul 28, 10 11:55 AM
Fabulous game and fabulous price. Sold !!!!!!

anpd
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by anpd on Jul 28, 10 12:30 PM
Same developers as Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose

Madth3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Madth3 on Jul 28, 10 2:27 PM
Not exactly finding hidden objects. A different game is good in my opinion and this is the best DD I've seen this in the past week.
At this price is a real bargain.

Give it a try!

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jul 28, 10 3:25 PM
Tried this when it first came out, but just didn't really "get" it. When I saw it was a DD I had forgotten what it was about and decided to try it again. That's when I saw it was made by "Blue Tea". Well, since I love Dark Parables I thought this has got to be good and it was. Not quite as good as DP but for the price it was a must have. I really enjoy their graphics, some which were used in DP. A slight quibble, potatoes are grow IN the ground not ON the ground!! That had me stuck for a while)

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jul 28, 10 3:35 PM
A good buy for $2.99. I enjoy the slightly different bent...finding where things go instead of just groping around trying to find things. There are also some humerous clues and items, like UFO escape spray.. you don't find things like that in just any HOG. It's fun,.,give it a try!

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Jul 28, 10 6:00 PM
I am really enjoying this game. I hesitated to try it, but now I am glad I did! After the demo, I promptly bought it. It is such an interesting concept, putting the items back in the scenes--and the graphics are really great! I have had to use a few hints and refer to the walkthrough, but it really isn't that hard, which I was afraid of. A great value at $2.99. I am really glad I joined Big Fish--they have a nice selection of games and their sales are great! (I bought way too many games this month, with the sale July 4th and this last sale--LOL)

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Jul 29, 10 4:25 AM
I loved this game, a great twist on the normal hidden object games.

My only complaint is that the secret room painting is only a teaser? At least that's what I've read, it had my hopes up XD

I can't wait for a sequel.

vkennedy7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by vkennedy7 on Jul 29, 10 10:06 AM
Bought the game. Enjoyed up to a point. CAN'T FIND THE EFFING GEAR? IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Jul 29, 10 8:28 PM
GIVE ME MORE!!!! Please - let's have the sequel YESTERDAY!!!!
THANK YOU BFG - ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT WAS ON SPECIAL...

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Jul 31, 10 4:33 PM
To all of you in the pond, thanks for your advise. I bought Enlightenus for DD $2.99...and enjoyed it a great deal. Glad that there was a walkthrough though because it helped me get back on track when I felt like I was wandering aimlessly in the hallways...not the games fault. I am still using Vista on my multimedia PC and found no technical difficulties. Hope everyone else enjoys it as much as I did. Thanks for a good pick!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 2, 10 7:16 AM
I bought this game as Daily Deal without playing the trial version. Bought it mainly because I needed one more game to fill my card. I was really glad I did. I love the idea of putting items into the scenes instead of having to find them for a change. The clues are funny in themselves and it is more challenging than I thought it would be. It wasn't dark and mysterious like most of the Hidden Object/Adventure Games I have been playing so it was a real breath of fresh air. As you will read in other reviews, the ending is rather frustrating but even taking that into consideration I give this out of five. 41/2 if it were possible

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 15, 10 10:54 AM
I really liked the twist on the traditional HOG where you put objects into the scene instead of taking them out. The scenes were really pretty and some were quite funny, like the Wild West one with all of the animals in the traditional sheriff and outlaw roles.

It was a great buy at $2.99!

sullyr33
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by sullyr33 on Sep 15, 10 11:15 AM
i too bought this when it first cam out i did enjoy it and for 2.99 can't go wrong!!!

Go to: