essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy technical issues here only

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jul 29, 10 5:01 PM
momshere wrote:bought the game. played about 30 minutes more before attempting to exit the game. COULD NOT ACCESS MENU. Clicked the menu button several times and never got a response from it. Finally had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit it.

Same here.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 5:01:34 PM PST

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Jul 29, 10 6:02 PM
I'm having the same problem with the menu.I'm 3/4 into the game and cannot get the menu to work.I'm afraid if I ctrl alt delete it won't save? Any ideas please!
I

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Jul 29, 10 6:08 PM
Oh also I lost the sound on the game too.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jul 29, 10 6:49 PM
Same problem, can't get to the menu and have no sound. Has anyone tried control-alt-delete already who can report about whether you lost your progress? I don't really want to stay up all night to finish the game, especially with no sound...but I don't want to lose my progress either!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jul 29, 10 6:56 PM
Okay, I was too impatient to wait for an answer, lol--I shut the program down using control + alt + delete and restarted it, and it DID remember where I was. So if you get the menu glitch there's at least a chance you won't lose your progress and can get your sound back...still pretty annoying, though!

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Jul 29, 10 7:55 PM
i have had zero problems so far and i am sure I'm at the end. Suddenly whenever I pick something up it freezes on the miniscreen of the item. The music is still going and background stuff is still moving, but the miniscreen won't close.

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Jul 29, 10 8:18 PM
Thank u bronte311 I left the game up on my computer so now I'll ctrl alt delete.

[Post New]by muppet2 on Jul 30, 10 12:58 AM
Woofie53

Thank you for the explanation something else I have to remember to do - sigh

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Jul 30, 10 2:19 AM
essgee52 wrote:
momshere wrote:bought the game. played about 30 minutes more before attempting to exit the game. COULD NOT ACCESS MENU. Clicked the menu button several times and never got a response from it. Finally had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit it.

Same here.

If you can't acces the menu (or back-button) try hitting Alt-Tab. Hold the Alt and hit the Tab and It will take you through the various windows you might have open on your desktop and, more importantly, prompt a screen ingame asking you what you would like to do: Resume, Options or Exit. Exit the game and it will save your progress. Worked for me. Always does, actually....

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jul 30, 10 7:21 AM
i have the same problem as irishmist...and to let u know, when u cnt,alt,del...it does not save. i had let mine just go ahead and run, and final had to force the close and lost everything!!!!!

BethWi1946
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by BethWi1946 on Jul 30, 10 7:25 AM
I get an error message saying the graphics are not right.

[Post New]by lukekitty on Jul 30, 10 9:38 AM
I downloaded the trial and it got stuck on "activating". I closed the game manager thinking it just stalled; when I re-opened it (right away) it said, "trial expired". I've downloaded and played more games than I can count and have never had this happen. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by littleriver on Jul 30, 10 11:08 AM
I need help finding the laundry tolken. Where is it? I am stuck cant go back to Alan's office cause Victor closed the gate and there are no active areas left in the game except the laundry. The jacket is in the washer but it says I need a laundry tolken. Please help!

BethWi1946
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by BethWi1946 on Jul 30, 10 5:40 PM
I have deleated and downloaded the game three times and still get an error message with a white page with only half the screen. The same things happpened yesterday on the game, finally just gave up and today's is the same thing.
Hope Big fish can fix the problems.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jul 30, 10 6:17 PM
Well, I had a problem I've never had before esolution Error, failed to access. And it kept TRYING, poor thing! I finally had to control-alt-delete out. I'm trying what others have tried; uninstall and reinstall. Hope it works; I bought the thing (without trying it...idiot me).

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jul 30, 10 6:41 PM
No luck with unloading/reloading or turning my computer off/on. My screen resolution is actually HIGHER than BF's recommendations, though this says it has "failed to reset my screen resolution to 1024 x 768." E mail to customer service. Hope that they can help me fix this. Good luck to the other Fishies!

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Jul 30, 10 7:35 PM
Had problems with the curser as well. Response time is very slow to the mouse movements. Played for 30 minutes and gave up. Wont be buyng this one.

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

SPOILER! Task list - Find all five mirrors

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Jul 31, 10 4:00 AM
This task is still in the task list and I am in the last chapter. All five mirrors are in the graveyard and placed correctly. The game continued at that point - use the shovel, clean the jacket, let him have some alone time, etc.

Now the game won't let me continue to the end of the last chapter. The three have already left the island. Hint continues to tell me to find the mirrors and solve the mirror puzzle before I can solve any more puzzles.

Do I need to delete the game, reinstall and start it again with a different profile?

sandymac
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by sandymac on Jul 31, 10 10:50 AM
jeanniemouse wrote:Well, I had a problem I've never had before esolution Error, failed to access. And it kept TRYING, poor thing! I finally had to control-alt-delete out. I'm trying what others have tried; uninstall and reinstall. Hope it works; I bought the thing (without trying it...idiot me).

Same here. I'm on the demo so wont be able to reinstall. I'm getting a little weary with regard to all the tech issues of late.

stapyhar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stapyhar on Jul 31, 10 11:12 AM
Played the trial game and it was ok. BUT when I bought the game, the problem came with it. Sorry to say this, but lately BFG got a lot of technical problems with their games and it's getting very frustrating . Anyway, I could not play in full screen, and a message keeps popping up saying...

"failed to set resolution to 1024x768. Error:-1"

Where do I set this, and this has never happen to any other games that I've played and bought except this game and Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows Collector's Edition.

Pls HELP!!!

Go to: