This is where I'm going

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:This is where I'm going

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 21, 18 7:29 AM
Sadly it appears BF is unwilling to meet or even "bend" which many believe will be the demise of BF. If they no longer give us a voice, we are forced to search for other platforms. Have they not thought this through? If we are sent packing, and we find another game site WITH forums, who's going to hit the backspace arrow to return and buy the game here?

Although it saddens me to have to swim to another pond, biscuitsmama, mcquigan, myself and others are working very hard to accommodate the fish that have been flushed from this pond, we'll keep the light on, turn down the sheets, and lay a mint on your pillow to welcome you. pondfriends has 5 amenities in threads sure to please any preferences. Everyone is welcome, and you may be surprised at how many familiar faces/names you'll recognize, it's time to swim home to a permanent home!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 21, 18 7:43 AM
Thank you as well, pennmom36!

Well then, too bad for them. And all the agitation they have caused to loyal members...

Apart from a new "home", I am interested in finding new platforms for purchasing my games as well. Time to start looking.

Edited for spelling.

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 7:45:54 AM PST

LaTusita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LaTusita on Apr 21, 18 7:44 AM
I tried the link to the welcome letter after I read that it was an open invitation because, although I rarely post, I love the help that everyone has left in the game forums. I am usually playing games from so long ago that no one would be interested in my problems or info but I really depend on the advice that someone has posted previously.
That being said, I got the message that I do not have permission to access this thread.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 7:47 AM
tammytheo wrote:mcquigan, is this an open invitation? I mean, is it for all of us?

It absolutely is!

The forum was founded when we got kicked out in 2013; it was founded by fishies just like you.

We know how terrible it felt and only want to see you be able to keep your community together.

This is the correct link
http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5350/information-welcome-new-returning-members

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 8:19:58 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 7:49 AM
LaTusita wrote:I tried the link to the welcome letter after I read that it was an open invitation because, although I rarely post, I love the help that everyone has left in the game forums. I am usually playing games from so long ago that no one would be interested in my problems or info but I really depend on the advice that someone has posted previously.
That being said, I got the message that I do not have permission to access this thread.

I will contact the admin and let him know.

Thank you for letting me know :-)

This is the correct link:

http://pondfriends.boards.net/thread/5350/information-welcome-new-returning-members

Edited on 04/21/2018 at 8:20:31 AM PST

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 7:53 AM
pennmom36 wrote:...

Although it saddens me to have to swim to another pond, biscuitsmama, mcquigan, myself and others are working very hard to accommodate the fish that have been flushed from this pond, we'll keep the light on, turn down the sheets, and lay a mint on your pillow to welcome you. pondfriends has 5 amenities in threads sure to please any preferences. Everyone is welcome, and you may be surprised at how many familiar faces/names you'll recognize, it's time to swim home to a permanent home!

i was looking for the "like" button:-)

We have a like button at the Pond that people push for those of you that do not know.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 7:59 AM
tammytheo wrote:Thank you, LarkBea. Yes, it's good to know there are other options. I'm going to visit Pond Friends later today and have a look around.

Boy, although I'm trying to be calm, as the shutting down approaches, I'm getting sick to my stomach. I'm very disgruntled with BF's decision.

ET say thank you to mcquigan for inviting us all.

The thanks actually goes to timebomb. I'm just a 'helper bee", "fishie" :-)

I am part of the "Adventurous Fish" group there.

Who remembers that group ?

Believe it or not, we have group plays there!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 21, 18 8:56 AM
@mcquigan so true!

Not only do we have a button there, we also have a Shout Box "CCC" feature, AND we can post pictures!!!

It's kinda like BF forums on steroids

....and so many emojis to choose from, you can even add your personal favs, and customize your Avatar!

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Apr 21, 18 8:59 AM
there is also gameboomers

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 9:05 AM
pennmom36 wrote:@mcquigan so true!

Not only do we have a button there, we also have a Shout Box "CCC" feature, AND we can post pictures!!!

It's kinda like BF forums on steroids

....and so many emojis to choose from, you can even add your personal favs, and customize your Avatar!

And videos as well.

I like gameboomers too. it's just a little too big for me.
I like smaller places where you can get to know everyone.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Apr 21, 18 9:22 AM
I went and joined The Pond. I've been a member of BFG since 2010. The forums always meant a lot to me. Before buying a game I always read what others wrote. I have bought a LOT of games from BF....how sad we are losing the forums. But I joined The Pond so I can still read about the games and what others think before buying them. Thanks so much for answering my questions.
Deb

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 21, 18 9:42 AM
Debnfla wrote:I went and joined The Pond. I've been a member of BFG since 2010. The forums always meant a lot to me. Before buying a game I always read what others wrote. I have bought a LOT of games from BF....how sad we are losing the forums. But I joined The Pond so I can still read about the games and what others think before buying them. Thanks so much for answering my questions.
Deb

See you there!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 21, 18 9:47 AM
tammytheo wrote:mcquigan, is this an open invitation? I mean, is it for all of us?

Yeas, is for all of you. You can join us, it's a very nice place to go!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 21, 18 10:23 AM
Pondfriends is more than a place to read and write about games! It's a community with the freedom to open up threads and post just about anything that interest you. Gardening, Automobiles, Camping, Photography, Pets, Group Gameplay, and my favorite, Grumpy Old Ladies!

Check out threads where you use the last word first in a sentence below the last post. (so there I was sipping coffee when= When a giant marshmallow dropped from the sky= Sky is grey and so is my mood) How about using your creativity to think of things that go together, like Leather & Lace, Batman & Robin, Coffee & cream, bacon & eggs! 10 Things you should never do...(the person who posts # 10 gets to chose the next topic of where or what you should never do, (while driving to the mall for example) ABC's of occupation, Open Chatter.

Want to follow or chat with a developer? They actually frequent the forum and answer questions! We're happy to answer any questions too, just ask here, there or PM any of us

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Apr 21, 18 11:10 AM
nanafraser wrote:What I understand: Members would have had to pay $1 extra to keep the forums but since there going away we wont have to. There are ways to contact members but its kinda confusing to me so I doubt I will even though Ill miss the other fishes! Over 10yrs w/ BF Ive seen many changes, this by far is the saddest!

The "$1 extra" was just one of a few suggestions made by members hoping it might convince BF to keep the forums going. It was not part of BF's announcement, or any other posts made by BF moderators. And from what I read in other posts, there won't be a way to contact members directly through BF, since PM is going away also. They are just suggesting that members reach out to each other before the forums close, by asking each other for other ways to contact them, via other social media. There have been so many posts made by many members the past few days about the forums closing, that it has become confusing as to what is what, or who said what. Hopefully, Pond Friends is as good and informative about games as members are saying it is. Sounds like it is at least worth looking into and trying out.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Apr 21, 18 1:15 PM
Note: I DID join the new forums. Tho I'm Nynaeve there instead of Nynaeve70. I am really hoping that Big Fish doesn't close down, as that means the end of the games I have purchased. But, for now, thank you for the lovely forums.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Apr 21, 18 3:47 PM
LarkBea wrote:nanafraser, where did you see the information about the $1 extra? The announcement I read made no mention of that.

It was on a review on the forums of a game either comments from "Endless Fables: Dark Moor Collector's Edition" or the "The Andersen Accounts: Chapter One Collector's Edition"! Not sure if it was something fishes were saying, but sounded like by the many comments others fishes knew about it! & most were against it! Maybe just a thought BF was rolling around but didn't go through w/ it!
Sorry if I don't have a place for you to go to see that!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Apr 21, 18 4:07 PM
nanafraser, if you read the messages on this thread, a couple above yours, the $1.00 to keep forums open was a suggestion by some fishies, not BFG. They never even offered it as an option.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Apr 21, 18 6:44 PM
I'm Debnfla here but at The Pond I will be DebN. I just need to figure out how to post and where to post, LOL. Sometimes with the computer I am not the sharpest tack in the box, hahahaha.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Apr 22, 18 1:31 AM
Thank you soooo much for this. I have just joined! Be seeing you

Go to: