purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 30, 10 5:11 PM
Am not sure of this game..the demo only took 30 mins and did not really give me that ..must buy..feeling...
Yet these developers do make really great games..
The music is very Puppetshow and I love those games
The graphics are great... the problem solving I found to be not over easy yet not frustrating either
The storyline looks as if it is is going to be different..
yet is it worth the extra to purchase I have been caught a few to many times with these CE's not being worth what we pay

greyratt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by greyratt on Jul 30, 10 5:15 PM
It took me about around an hour (give or take) to play the bonus adventure. However, I did not use the guide to do it and took my time. I really enjoyed this game and that is saying quite a lot, since I've been pretty disappointed with alot of them recently. I love HOG games, don't get me wrong, they just seem to be relying too heavily on the plots and not on actual game play lately. This is the first time I've actually posted on a thread, and I've been a member for about a year, if that tells you how much I enjoyed this game and recommend it. If you buy a lot of games though, and are worried about price, it wouldn't hurt to wait...the bonus adventure isn't SO AMAZING that you are missing a ton. It's fun and the graphics are great for the whole game, but you can buy three games for the same price.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jul 30, 10 5:23 PM
I knew this was going to be a buy for me. Even before I demo'd it. Spooky atmosphere, creepy graphics and eerie music-my type of game!! Regular or expert mode. I'm playing regular, so I get the sparkles. Hint recharges after 60 seconds. Skip available on puzzles. It took me about 3 hrs. to finish the first story. One puzzle really stumped me. Better have a good memory too, lots of tools in your inventory. I didn't think I was going to be able to save the little girl. Caught myself more than a couple of times thinking-where am I supposed to go now? Also, trying to use a knife as a screwdriver (I do it at home), thought it work in the game too !! This is definitely one of the harder games I've played! Looks to be a long one too!

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 30, 10 5:24 PM
Welcome greyratt
I think I will wait until the normal version is released 3 games sounds wayyy better than just 1

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 5:35 PM
I started this game noon Eastern Daylight Time (New York time). Now it's about 8:30pm. I'm about 2/3rds into the bonus adventure. I skipped quite a few boss puzzles. Take from that what you will.

Pthbbbbb!

This is a good long game. If you hang out & wait for the 6.99 game, you'll get a good game. If you shell out the 19.95 for the CE, you'll get 2 hours beyond the 6 hours, and play it now.

Simpson, Homer.......that is all.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 5:39:18 PM PST

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Jul 30, 10 6:48 PM
Looks like a fascinating and intriguing game, but I too will wait for the $6.99 version. I don't need all those extra things either and am trying to keep costs down. Two Collector's Editions within a few days is a bit too much for me.

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Jul 30, 10 6:49 PM
I am enjoying this game, it is really spooky with great background sounds. It has taken me about a little over 2 hours to get through the first adventure, and there are 2 more to go along with the bonus adventure.
I usually don't buy CE's, but needed 2 more punches to fill a card for the month. Having a built-in strategy guide is a plus, much easier to use than following a walkthrough. The hidden object scenes are just the right amount of challenge--no teeny tiny objects that are impossible to see. I am glad I have a superfast internet connection, as it is a very large file, but it only took about 6 minutes to download after purchase. All in all, this is looking to be a very interesting game--I just hope the ending is satisfying and not a letdown like Vampire Secrets was.
Now, I have to stop splurging on games--between the sales this month and some really great new games, I have lots to keep me busy! Big Fish rocks!!

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Jul 30, 10 6:54 PM
This is a great game. It's by ERS G-Studio, I think it's better than their recent Puppet Show CE, this one has more interaction and adventure elements.

I just finished the normal game. It took me 7-8 hours without using a hint or the walkthrough, so it's a long game. I'm going to start the bonus levels after dinner.

Peggy1TN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Peggy1TN on Jul 30, 10 7:14 PM
I didn't even bother with the trial version. I dived right in and bought the game sight unseen. I knew the game would be great, and it is. The built-in strategy guide is great too, because you don't have to leave the room you are in to view it.

sanpry
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by sanpry on Jul 30, 10 7:41 PM
like some fishes, i am waiting for tomorrow to buy, for august punch card,
any one know if this game has the morphing objects ? like dire grove?
too manny games i have a file of to do ones, poor bank acount, have fun and thanks to all the forum fishes, im a squid today,

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 7:44 PM
sanpry wrote:any one know if this game has the morphing objects ? like dire grove?

Nope, nothing like that. Same company that did that Edgar Allen Poe mystery. Very long game, very nuanced.

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Jul 30, 10 7:44 PM
I was trying to restrain myself from buying another game so quickly but, I cant, I just have to have this game. It's sooo cool. I love these creepy games. I will be playing this tomorrow right after work.
Thanks for another great game.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Jul 30, 10 7:45 PM
I really enjoyed the demo. The graphics are great. But I'll wait for the regular version. I don't want wall paper etc.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 30, 10 7:53 PM
The regular game for 6.99 will be extremely worth it.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jul 30, 10 8:20 PM
Another great game! Similar to how Midnight Mysteries - Salem Witch Trials play. Lots of H.O.s to find and a little logic needed to figure out the progression of things, with just enough help and hints with the dialogue and sparkles to keep one from becoming too frustrated and discouraged. A definate buy for me, but I too am going to wait for the regular version to come out.

tntbledsoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tntbledsoe on Jul 30, 10 9:26 PM
wow! cool game! was so sad when the demo was over. it runs awefully slow on my computer, but it seems like a great story. probably wait for the cheap one though

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 30, 10 9:39 PM
nwl43 wrote:Short amount of time I played the demo, it seemed like a very interesting game. I spent a lot of my time wondering aimlessly. However the feeling of finding useless items is particularly pronounced in this one. I mean the house is burning down and I'm desperately searching for a clothes pin. Oh and I'm surrounded by flames, but at some point I'm going to have to repair a lighter? Not to mention replacing fuses and reattaching the wires in a fuse box in order to turn OFF the power. I don't require my games to be totally logical and understand that you have to suspend belief. Sometimes it"s fun to use a wierd item to accomplish something, but I do like for IHOG games to have some measure of reason and logic.

I entirely agree with you, nwl43, regarding the totally weird tasks that the game was requesting I accomplish while the little girl is in danger of burning up. All you really needed to do was stomp out the (small) fire in the hallway, run up the stairs and save her. It really isn't all that big a fire; but, oh no, first you have to repair a (roll-over spoilers) lighter and find the ballerinas and fix the stool and ACKKKKK!!! I was playing the demo and muttering about having to do all this useless stuff, and DH was laughing at me for all the fussing and cussing.

I'll probably buy the game eventually. It does look like it offers a lot of game time in more than just one genre. I enjoy this type of variety. I will need to suspend reality a bit, though - either that or just keep fussing and cussing. Normally, I'd wait for the standard game, but the additional game time folks have mentioned in the CE, I may have to bite the bullet and buy it.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jul 30, 10 9:54 PM
After the clear, concise play of Asylum, I found this to be very frustrating--wandering around finding useless things while aware that there is a child upstairs trapped??? Not for me. At least not now. Maybe if I get really desperate for a game I might buy the $6.99 version.

Noyfb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Noyfb on Jul 30, 10 10:16 PM

Classicaljazz

P.S. to the developers: It isn't the wallpapers, screen savers, concept art work, integrated strategy guide, etc., that tempt most of us to buy the CE's. We want a couple of hours or more of bonus gameplay time. In my humble opinion, if all the other extras were left out and 2 or 3 hours of bonus gameplay time were offered in the CE's, I believe a lot more of them would be sold.

I agree, really don't want nor willing to pay for "stuff" I will not use.
Thank you to Classicaljazz

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Jul 30, 10 10:42 PM
I agree with Classicaljazz and Noyfb; more playtime would convince me to spend more dollars on a game.

As a matter of fact, this demo was too short for me. I don't know why the developers decided to make the demo goal-based rather than just giving us an hour like every other developer does, but I think it was a big mistake. There wasn't enough demo time to get me hooked on the story and spend the $20 on the Collectors Edition like I did with Asylum. I also don't give a rat's patootie about wallpapers or concept art. I buy Collector's Editions because I'm hooked on the game and can't wait two or three weeks for the $6.99 version to come out.

There were a few clues that I absolutely couldn't see, even after the hint. I just randomly clicked in the general area that the bats circled until I heard music, then looked at my clue list to see what was scratched off. Overall, the graphics were very good; but still, there was at least one item in nearly every hidden object scene that I couldn't see and had to use a hint to find. They weren't cleverly hidden---they were simply invisible to me, and my vision isn't that bad.

Short demo + some objects invisible = $6.99 version for me. It's a good game, but it didn't inspire me to think it was worth $20.

Edit: For pete's sake, I should be able to use the initials for Hidden Object without being censored Somebody should adjust the word filter to allow it.

Edited on 07/30/2010 at 10:45:11 PM PST

Go to: