drkgordon
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:2 days to go

[Post New]by drkgordon on Apr 27, 18 8:00 AM
I wish I could have been immortalized as something more exotic, but Guppy it is, I guess.

ETA with this post, I became a minnow. Not much better. SIGH!

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 8:01:44 AM PST

[Post New]by anglegirlsandy on Apr 27, 18 8:27 AM
I'm here this morning also. Been coming every morning just to see. I am on Delphi forum now but I'm still so sad to see this forum go down. Anyone that has not found a new home, come on over to Delphi. I am positive you will be warmly welcomed.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Apr 27, 18 8:44 AM
AuntieRoo wrote:If we can find a few more we can turn this into a 2 day party.We can swop battle scars from trying to defeat the Gaming Table opponents etc..At nightfall I will retrieve my hidden stash of Randys honey rum & conjure up a brewing machine for tea.I think the saying is.....LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

I’m in.
But could I have wine instead of the honey rum?
I’ll bring some to share.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 27, 18 10:42 AM
Well Auntie Roo....

Taking your advice, deleting mailbox, messages....

And ran across a recipe from.... Jenifer_Rule( temporally banned)

For potato salad to add to the picnic!

Crystal;P

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Apr 27, 18 11:13 AM
Got to the Party late, but wanted to join in....

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 27, 18 11:13 AM
I'm so so sad. I still check every day for messages, but the forum reminds me of a grave. Cold and so lonely.

It was gut-wrenching going through PMs. This was my first forum and can't tell you how much all of you helped me get through real life. Laughter, tears, stress, upheavals. Like a family we fought, celebrated, conjoled and even took each other to task now and then. And, from the very beginning, we generously helped one another with gifts or information. Add to that the generosity of the consortium, celebrating a good day in the castle, loving and hating the DQs, Trina, tournaments and challenges and all the MC inspired stories during update wait times, and you can't help but be awed by this forum's uniqueness.

I have friends from the very beginning of MC and new friends met on the journey. There will never again be a forum like this MC forum and I find myself grieving its demise.

Goodbye dear friend, and goodbye to everyone. My heart is broken but life moves on. It was a hoot!

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Apr 27, 18 11:19 AM
So very well said, whitebutterfly
Will miss you all.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 27, 18 12:28 PM
Oh, Whitebutterfly

Aka: Blanco Butterfly

Thank you for your wonderful post, echoes my sentiments exactly

This was the best, will miss everyone in one place.

Blessings to everyone

Crystal;P

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Apr 27, 18 12:32 PM
Indeed, we were a "rowdy" bunch at times ..... but, when someone was down, we all rallied to the cause. Just like a real family --- and we were!

This forum will be greatly missed!

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Apr 27, 18 1:22 PM
drkgordon wrote:I wish I could have been immortalized as something more exotic, but Guppy it is, I guess.

ETA with this post, I became a minnow. Not much better. SIGH!

'Scuse me but I think I resemble that last statement ...
See you all on the other side!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:1 day to go

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 28, 18 2:06 AM
1 day to go
Well the party didn’t last long,as no-one was in a party mood.
To those that read this after 30th April 2018......

You have missed the opportunity to join an incredible forum,not only for the help & advice from knowledgeable players & great moderators,but the friendship & bonds that we have formed.
There is no other game like MC it’s fabulous but the forum has played a huge part in bringing players together from all over the world to share in our achievements,vent our frustrations & encourage each other when needed.
Take a little time if you can to read through some of the social threads.It will give you an insight into just how much fun & laughter we have had.

** check out EXTERNAL LINKS TO NEW COMMUNITIES LISTED HERE.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 28, 18 3:32 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:I'm so so sad. I still check every day for messages, but the forum reminds me of a grave. Cold and so lonely.

It was gut-wrenching going through PMs. This was my first forum and can't tell you how much all of you helped me get through real life. Laughter, tears, stress, upheavals. Like a family we fought, celebrated, conjoled and even took each other to task now and then. And, from the very beginning, we generously helped one another with gifts or information. Add to that the generosity of the consortium, celebrating a good day in the castle, loving and hating the DQs, Trina, tournaments and challenges and all the MC inspired stories during update wait times, and you can't help but be awed by this forum's uniqueness.

I have friends from the very beginning of MC and new friends met on the journey. There will never again be a forum like this MC forum and I find myself grieving its demise.

Goodbye dear friend, and goodbye to everyone. My heart is broken but life moves on. It was a hoot!

You have made me both laugh and cry!
I hope we continue to meet in another place when I have sorted myself out!
Alan

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 28, 18 7:15 AM
Gut-wrenching going through pms…
Indeed! I spent most of the day yesterday re-reading then deleting pms & cried more than once. There are a few I just can't bring myself to delete yet, because those family members are no longer with us - like D@NgeR, & BorkZorkOrk who was so brilliantly funny & never came back from that trip.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Apr 28, 18 7:28 AM
Well, I see we have tea and potato salad? We need cookies. Off to my kitchen to bake some. Back with cookies. Chocolate chip. Hazelnut & chocolate. Mocha Crackletops. See a pattern? Lots of chocolate, the perfect thing when sad things are happening.

I'm going to have to try hard not to become dinner. Flounder is a favorite fish for many people.

Like all of you, I'm going to miss the BFG forums. I poke around Delphi, but I haven't quite got the hang of it yet. And, with the CC done and the Spring Event almost over, the castle seems as empty as the forums. I hope they manage to do another CC or a level up quest soon.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Apr 28, 18 9:35 AM
mamarose, that sounds yummy.
And chocolate is so good for the soul.
I’ll add some handmade dark chocolate truffles. Be careful as they have more than a little cognac in them . Also good for the soul

Elsa

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Apr 28, 18 10:02 AM
Hugs to all my friends, I hope to see you on Delphi or Pond friends
This forum has also been the first one I entered long, long ago and has helped me through some dark times
Remembering those little games early in the (German) morning, where people from South Africa, India, Australia ... met just to play and connect for some time
Or the wonderful artwork of cherbtoo ...
There will be a pirate welcome party held on April 30 on Delphi forum - unfortunately my English isn't good enough for jokes .. but I will have a look, whether some friends are there ... cheers - brought some nice red wine to go with the chocolate cookies

Eva

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 28, 18 4:57 PM
Dark chocolate cognac truffles???? O M G !!!! Must have recipe!!! Please, please?

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

Re:The final hours & goodbye

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 29, 18 2:10 AM
I played MC for over a year before I found this forum & it opened up a whole new world for me.The tremendous help & wealth of knowledge here is amazing & enhanced the pleasure of my game.
I have found friendships & even met some players in the real world.The forum may close but I will take those friends with me & will treasure them always.

Saying a simple “Thank you” seems inadequate but it comes from the heart to all who have joined me on this journey.We have laughed together & cried together as only friends can.

To those who are not joining me in our new home I wish you all well for the future & thank you for being part of my life.
My very best wishes
Ros

Cblilie
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Cblilie on Apr 29, 18 6:15 AM
Like you, Auntie Roo, I found the forum a year into playing but have not been very active as my job and commute are taking most of my time nowadays. I have just less than a year and I will be done with that. Overtime is nice on the paycheck but wearing me down. I have very much appreciated all the help on this forum and will miss the conversations.

Carlie

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 29, 18 6:22 AM
Carlie,I do hope you are joining us on Delphi.I retired just over a year ago & those last few months will whizz by so keep your chin up as we say over here & l look forward to seeing you in our new home.

Go to: