brynhrt
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Share Memories on the Party Down Forum

[Post New]by brynhrt on Apr 28, 18 10:57 AM
Just want to add my thanks to everyone for all the wonderful help and information that's been shared. I played the game for several years before finding the forum. It has been very helpful. Have found my way to the new Delphi forum but still not sure how it all works. I see several of my friends already there also so I'm confident that all my questions will be answered. Best wishes to all. Bev

Darlene1225
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Darlene1225 on Apr 28, 18 12:56 PM
How do you say goodbye to an old friend. I could always get help from the forum. It was the lifeline to me for this game. The moderators always had our backs and jumped right in to help, we owe all of them a great big THANK YOU. You will be missed by all of us.

To my friends thank you too for all your help. I hope to see you in one of the forums I joined Delphi and Post.

Good luck to everyone and to those friends that are not going to another forum good bye and good luck storming the castle.

I will miss this forum.

So Sad,
Darlene

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 12:58:47 PM PST

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Apr 28, 18 2:50 PM
Just popping in to say to good-bye to BFGs, the forums and the friends I met on here, the ones that aren't over at Pond Friends on Facebook. I very seldom post on here anymore so looks like I'll stay a Salmon. Lol~ met a lot of good people here, so for that, thank you Big Fish. Hope all finds a new home and can find their friends plus meet new ones. Stay strong~ Stay healthy ~ Stay Blessed~

Swimming upstream always ~

Cyndi~

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Apr 28, 18 3:54 PM
Can someone tell me whatever happened to Picman & Valdy?
And LizzieK?

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 3:55:25 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Apr 28, 18 6:01 PM
This is the first forum I have had anything to do with. I found it May 2014 when I was looking for friends on my game. Being technologically challenged I did not post - just read the forum. What I saw (even then) were friendly players willing to help other players. I, too, remember Lady Sabelle, Valdy, LizzieK and so many more who were very informative, imaginative & techno knowledgable.

So I took the plunge & PMed tigress 1 when I had a question - not game to post in case I hit the wrong button on the computer at that stage. She was very supportive & encouraged me to step outside my shell and participate in the forum. Like SusieBaker, soon you couldn't shut me up. I try to pay back her kindness & the support of other players by helping others including being part of the Consortium.

I used to send my little stories to tigress 1. She helped me start my own thread Pets Gone Wild. Thanks to the encouragement of players I have found an outlet for my "creative" side. A special thank you to my co-authors Linet & TT, they made writing an adventure. I am taking our stories with me as we move.

The forum has been a huge part of my family especially while I was caring for my sick husband. It has helped me through health & family crises; through the death of my husband; through the roller coaster of my life. Even players who were not game friends offered a helping hand or prayers in my time of need. It meant so much to me.

I have made some wonderful friends through the forum. It saddens me that I will lose some of them when the forum changes. But change is part of life so we will adapt. To those that I lose contact with - may your future be enjoyable and your endeavours successful.

THANK YOU to everyone who has been a part of the great community we had on this forum. Thank you to BFG for providing the forum. Thank you to the moderators for "policing" it and for providing advice/ help when I sort it.

Take care everyone.

Dot

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Apr 28, 18 6:50 PM
I found the forum before I found Midnight Castle. I used to roam from game to game, searching for just the right fit. I downloaded Midnight Castle and found the right fit. I've shared laughs and tears with a good many people through messages. I shared a story that I never finished (I'm still sorry about that) and I liked to hide under my rock when things were a bit rocky. Through it all this forum has been a guiding hand when I needed it. We've lost many good friends along the way which was heartbreaking but we all banded together and worked through it. I'll never forget this forum or the friends I have made through it.

We've been through mud, tears and joy together and I love you all. Thank you for letting me be a part of one of the biggest and best communities out there. Thank you for the laughter (Sadie, aussie_Dot and all the great authors out there), thank you for the tears (you all know who I mean) and thank you for the mud (I still miss you D@nger). I can't list everyone because there are so many but if I happen to be a friend in your game, know that I am thankful for you each and every day, even though I don't say it.

Simply put, thank you all (past and present) for being the amazing wonderful people you are!

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Apr 28, 18 7:38 PM
I had been playing MC about 3 years, just a month or two after it started. A little over a year ago I hit the wall, I think at level 76. Not realizing why I could not progress, I was looking for help, and saw the link to the forum. My first post was the ubiquitous "Why can't I finish this achievement?" I have learned so much since then. I would have hit the wall a few months faster if I knew then what I have learned over the last year.

I have enjoyed learning how others complete the hard achievements. I have enjoyed the trivial threads the most. I have enjoyed the responses to my silly posts. I have gotten to know a lot about people by what they post, both directly and reading between the lines. I have enjoyed having a place where we could get answers to technical issues without having to go to support each time.

I am going to miss this forum. I am going to Delphi, but it will never be the same.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 28, 18 8:08 PM
How can we forget DuncanOne4All and his brilliant Thank You Thread. He has not been online for so long and I have not heard from him in over a year. Hope he is all right.

Share Memories on the Party Down Forum

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Apr 28, 18 9:06 PM
Gosh, it's so sad coming here tonight. It's like saying goodbye to an old, old friend with tears and an ache (both heart and head).

Rahia, I believe your Hidden Mysteries has been copies on delphi. I think I saw it over there.

And the mention of Duncan just made me smile. I still remember being new to the forum and whining about something or another and Duncan just gave me a swift kick in the rear. LOL, made me laugh out loud. Miss him.

The oldies but goodies...LizzieK, lady_sabelle, Bedazzles, FudgeChi, Tigress, Guppies56, 50MAD, The Doctor, Cynthemoler and dear, dear, dear apollogold. I still have poems from D@NgeR, LizzieK did a beautiful emoji butterfly and lady_sabelle did a MC song (at my request) to the tune of "I Will Survive." (during the old bow figurine days)

How in the world do you ever go about saying everything that's in your heart. You can't. I will miss everyone. And I will miss this forum. Never thought in a million years I would ever join a forum. Couldn't imagine putting myself out there, it just wasn't me.

I thank God every day I did because this forum helped me through when my husband died. I felt like I was drowning and no one was throwing a life preserver. Unable to think or feel, begging I would wake up from a bad dream. Somehow I found the courage within myself to post here and it literally saved my sanity.

It may seem silly; after all, this is just a forum. But we all bared our souls here, we cried together, we celebrated together and we shared together.

I will miss you. This forum was a once in a lifetime experience and I am very glad I was blessed to have been a part of it. Thank you. Best wishes and good luck to everyone. Goodbye.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Apr 28, 18 10:01 PM
I started MC in 2016 when I became very ill and couldn't walk let alone go to work or get out of the house. It became my refuge and took my mind off the pain and the constant feeling of physical weakness. It kept my mind occupied which would have otherwise gone to very dark places while waiting for a diagnosis. I wish I had found the forum when I first started playing but the good news is...I eventually did find it. Though I did not share my personal battle with illness, I took comfort in seeing how those who did were supported and championed by the community. The forum became a place to share humor, support, love and life in general.

Thank you all for being my rock when you didn't know I needed one. That in itself is a gift I cannot repay.

Kate / Sayadina / shawkn...

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 28, 18 10:01 PM
The first new person I met in this game was Robyn. There were others I knew from the Sunken Secrets Forum but she was my first MC introduction. We exchanged several PMs about Apollo, Shadow and the story behind Dire Wolf. She was a generous gifter providing a much needed gift daily from each of her games. She missed a couple of days of gifting but Hurricane Harvey was bearing down on Texas so I didn't worry too much. I thought she had left for a safer area or was without power but then Texas started to return to normal and no sign of Robyn. Her games went red and now I was concerned. A day later RosieBVT informed me and gohill posted about her death. It hit this community hard. Her presence was noticeable throughout the forum in her lists and her passion for this game. There were so many suggestions on ways to memorialize her. The developers heard our pleas and provided us with a little robin sitting with Trina and the wolf cubs by her side received new A and S collars for Apollo and Shadow. Trina was very special to the developers and putting Robyn's memorial in the same room was an acknowledgement of how special she was to MC players and this forum.

A Final Goodbye to Apollo
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/931956.page#6842306

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 10:17:05 PM PST

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Apr 28, 18 10:32 PM
Beyond All My Expectations.
This is how how I feel about this forum.

Ever patient with answering the same questions over and over, to a new player.
The very same questions that brought me here.

All the fabulous lists that made playing sooooo much easier.

Reading the wonderful story threads to enjoy in between updates.

Felt honored, that the Devs placed a memorial to one of their own in this game, and later added one for Robyn/Apollo/Shadow.

Moderators allowed our forum to become more flexible as time went on and is much appreciated.

But, what I value the most , is the warm welcome, comfy feeling to sit down and join the conversation.

Thankfulness and gratitude to all of you.
Wishing everyone one well within one of the new forums, and outside the castle.

Blessings to you all.

Crystal;P

akge
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by akge on Apr 29, 18 12:56 AM
I started MC in October, 2015. I played for over a year before I found the forum. I started looking for help because I had only one friend (besides John) who dropped me because I didn't know how to gift (Hi Nada). Once I learned I began adding my wonderful friends. I was very cautious about posting but everyone was supportive, helpful, imaginative, and very welcoming. I have been very comfortable here and hope I will feel the same on the other forums. Just the fact that posters from here have started or helped on the other forums shows what people are like here. Anyway, I will miss this forum and the Mods.

Kae

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 29, 18 7:21 AM
Where to start...

I discovered the forums after breaking my ankle. Had surgeries, complications, stuck in a wheelchair, on the couch for three and a half years; I had no social outlet in real life but found one here.

I would have gone nuts without this forum.

I made friends on the original CCC. Some of us are still together all these years later.

You will see many familiar faces at all the forums they've provided links to.

mcquigan
http://pondfriends.boards.net/

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 29, 18 8:03 AM
Bump so others can find this.

By the way, Saskatil has organized a "Welcome to Pond Friends" party at Pond friends. This is an ongoing party today, starting at 9 am PST which is when these forums will be shutting down.

Apparently, all mods have to come in today to start the process; there is no master switch.

Mods, you can join Pond Friends too!

http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 8:13:44 AM PST

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Apr 29, 18 8:21 AM
12earth45 wrote:Beyond All My Expectations.
This is how how I feel about this forum.
Ever patient with answering the same questions over and over, to a new player.
The very same questions that brought me here.
All the fabulous lists that made playing sooooo much easier.
Reading the wonderful story threads to enjoy in between updates.
Felt honored, that the Devs placed a memorial to one of their own in this game, and later added one for Robyn/Apollo/Shadow.
Moderators allowed our forum to become more flexible as time went on and is much appreciated.
But, what I value the most , is the warm welcome, comfy feeling to sit down and join the conversation.
Thankfulness and gratitude to all of you.
Wishing everyone one well within one of the new forums, and outside the castle.
Blessings to you all.
Crystal;P

I quoted Crystal because she says it all and so well. Thank you for that. It's exactly how I feel about this forum. I found it three years ago. It was a Godsend with all the help with MC and all the support in my personal life with my fight to kick cancer's behind last year.
My best memories I will take with me are the many many cyber hugs, prayers and well wishes; and the best ever cyber conga line you all formed after my last radiation treatment Nov 28, 2018.
Party party party....

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Apr 29, 18 9:12 AM
I sit down to write with a lump in my throat. But, before the gates are closed forevermore, I wanted to tell you all what this forum has meant to me. Reading all your stories is deeply moving. Thank you for sharing them. All of them.

My love for MC was ignited when I first downloaded the game in January 2016. I was facing a second round of follow up surgery for cancer and wanted some distraction both leading up to the surgery and during recovery afterwards. I had NO idea how truly engaging (read ‘addictive’) this little game would become. I played for many, many months oblivious to this forum’s existence. Until I got stuck. I don’t recall what task had me stopped in my tracks but I thought that there must be other players out there who had successfully faced this challenge before and maybe they posted some helpful hints. A little google search later and, voila! There was THIS forum absolutely chock full of advice. Great, I thought, I’ll sign up and learn from these wonderful mentors. I had never joined a forum before but I thought it would be ok. That was June 22, 2016.

But OH MY! What I found wasn’t just tips and tricks. What I discovered went way beyond ‘helpful’. What I had stumbled on were wonderful, funny, helpful, wise (sometimes a little foolish), folks. Here I found laughter, tears, affection, support and much more. When I was facing another round of surgery I knew my family in the MC Forum would hold my hand and help me through it. You did.

And now we are here facing that final curtain on this particular avenue of connection we have. I am very grateful to Jen and others for our new home at Delphi. But it may take some time for many of us to truly feel at home. And I for one will acutely feel the loss of this one for some time to come.

Thank you all for being here.

In the lovely Edith Piaf’s voice: “Non, je ne regrette rien”

Elsa

Edited on 04/30/2018 at 6:34:12 AM PST

PetraN54
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by PetraN54 on Apr 29, 18 9:30 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful experiences on this forum. I didn't find this until I was well along in my game. I believe it was the first time we had to wait for the first update so we could continue our journey. I also have had bad experiences on other forums, so it took a while before I actually made a post here. Everyone has been very kind and helpful, I will miss this forum very much.

Thank you to the Mods for their help and kindness also. The tech support has been very helpful when I have experienced any problems. Like the time Windows had an upgrade and I could no longer play my game. I was panicked that I had lost everything, but tech support had the answer to get my game back. Oh, it was a simple fix too, of course.

I hope I have made friends here, I know many of you have helped me so many times. I am sad to see this all end, I hope to see you at the other forums that are being started.

I will forever be a minnow here, and that's ok. I believe I still have so much to learn. Maybe I can help some too.

Good bye BFG forums. I think I will still visit from time to time.

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 9:32:08 AM PST

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 29, 18 2:54 PM
some of the posts on this forum, especially today, have had me in tears of sorrow, tears of laughter and, at times, tears of relief, when some has turned up again after a long absence.

I have made lifelong friends here, some casual friends and some acquaintances. It has been a truly amazing journey, with ups and downs, but I am glad that I found the forum and made the journey with so many people.

I will miss this forum and it will leave a hole in my life.

Good luck to everyone and good gaming

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 29, 18 3:54 PM
My most powerful memory has to be the way we all pulled together when Robyn passed away.Sadly I did not know her & that is my loss.

Robyn will always be with us in our game now (in Trinas Room) & that is due to the way we all united from all over the world as a family to achieve the memorial.I am so proud to have taken part & to have shared the joy of looking at the A&S collars & robin for the first time.

Go to: