BYE EVERYONE

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:BYE EVERYONE

[Post New]by steve_san on Apr 28, 18 10:54 AM
I will miss you all, even those who gave me a hard time sometimes. As for these forums, this is what happens when you fail to properly plan for the future.

Hope to see you all again soon somewhere else.

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 10:58:02 AM PST

[Post New]by baglady159 on Apr 28, 18 11:09 AM
Since the original post about the closing of the forums, there has been a repeated announcement at the top of the forums for every game they've listed here.

There is a post in the forums for Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on 4/17. It's about signing a petition to keep the forums active. There are 187 posts from fishes giving their opinions. If you missed that, its a very good place to see how everyone else feels about this.

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Apr 28, 18 11:30 AM
I just want to echo what you all have said. This forum has been so helpful in choosing games as well as getting assistance when we are stuck. I will probably stop my membership. Thank you all for the help these many years.

[Post New]by NancyNC on Apr 28, 18 12:10 PM
I think this will be a good option for us:

http://pondfriends.boards.net/board/108/pond-preservation

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Apr 28, 18 12:35 PM
baglady159 wrote:Since the original post about the closing of the forums, there has been a repeated announcement at the top of the forums for every game they've listed here.

There is a post in the forums for Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on 4/17. It's about signing a petition to keep the forums active. There are 187 posts from fishes giving their opinions. If you missed that, its a very good place to see how everyone else feels about this.

There have also been nearly 5200 views on that thread alone, a thread that was created just 11 days ago. What that tells me, is that we forum members are more numerous than most people think. It doesn't matter how many people Post or how often they do it. What matters is that THOUSANDS of BF customers access the forums every day to find help or simply enjoy the Posts from those who write them

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Apr 28, 18 2:01 PM
BF isn't going to change it's mind - they would have considered the pros & cons before announcing the impending closure. Customers wishes obviously are not enough to sway the balance

So..........goodbye everyone. It's been nice chatting to you. I'm going to greatly miss coming to these forums

Kam

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 28, 18 3:27 PM
"So long and thanks for all the fish."

bobhillman
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by bobhillman on Apr 28, 18 3:51 PM
dramajunkie wrote:"So long and thanks for all the fish."

That would have worked even better if you were a dolphin rather than an orca, dramajunkie

(Wish I'd thought of it myself, too).

Edited on 04/28/2018 at 3:56:41 PM PST

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Apr 28, 18 11:19 PM
bobhillman wrote:

That would have worked even better if you were a dolphin rather than an orca, dramajunkie

(Wish I'd thought of it myself, too).

LMAO

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Apr 29, 18 1:17 AM
Thank you for the dose of humor, bobhillman. It is very much needed at this time. I guess the time to say goodbye has come...

Despite all the ups and downs, the forums were definitely a community. And this community shall be missed. So, to all those to whom this community actually meant something, farewell my friends! With some I'll meet again and with others I won't but to each and every one I wish all the best!

Take care of yourselves!

Tammy

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Apr 29, 18 9:44 AM

One more reason it was so much fun coming here.......D. Adams is alive and well and we will miss him and YOU DJ.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 29, 18 9:48 AM
I too go way back to CCC. A time when you could order the games on CD. Before collectors editions or even strategy guides. When Paul Thelen (the original founder) would come post when the new MCF was being released and tease us with hints and jokes. Over the years I have accumulated MCF badges, key chains and my two stuffed Felix fish (first arrived without stand so the great CS rep sent me a companion with stand) along with other Big Fish paraphernalia including a snuggie, a coffee cup, a soup cup, game pen, hard cover password notebook and assorted posters. All now relegated to collectors items. I've developed many friendships which after the first big flush thankfully now carry over to two other sites. It's unfortunate that the forums are disappearing but not surprising. I've noticed that some games that I had purchased have disappeared also. I too believe it will all be converted over to aps and pay to play eventually.

I do advise if there are older games you have purchased and still like to replay you download and save them now before they are gone.

To all the mods and customer service reps both past and present from all over the world a big THANK YOU for your help, patience and humor over the years.

Hope to see everyone over at http://pondfriends.boards.net/
or at "Pond friends" on FB.

Thank you Fishies for all the jokes, artwork, opinions, game help and community. You are a creative bunch. I will never think of chocolate, lobster or zipper pulls the same way again. It was fun!

Take care everyone. And to quote a well loved old forum friend "Put on your running shoes" as sadly for the last time here I post...

Happy Gaming.

............. Good-bye.........................

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 10:09:21 AM PST

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Apr 29, 18 3:39 PM
I lived through CCC being taken down, thanks to Timebomb.

I really appreciated your reviews pennmom36. And the listing for series.

Paul did more than just the MCF thread. He'd pop into CCC and post to respond to a comment he'd read -- and not just about games or BFG. Does anyone remember when we asked for a pony?

I've enjoyed so many people that I met here. People that I'll probably never "see" again.

Thank you everyone. Be well and take care.

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Apr 29, 18 4:21 PM
I will miss y'all here at BFG, however, the pond looks like a lot of fun....it's filled with great info.... it will take time to adjust....but, those of us that have been with BFG since the begining should hopefully be able to roll with the punches....we have had several changes to get through....so, bye bye just for now...and let's go fishing at the pond....With Love to everyone that wants it

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 30, 18 9:37 AM
lilyr wrote:I lived through CCC being taken down, thanks to Timebomb.

I really appreciated your reviews pennmom36. And the listing for series.

Paul did more than just the MCF thread. He'd pop into CCC and post to respond to a comment he'd read -- and not just about games or BFG. Does anyone remember when we asked for a pony?

I've enjoyed so many people that I met here. People that I'll probably never "see" again.

Thank you everyone. Be well and take care.

I remember Paul"s many interactions but have a warm spot on his love of our MCF ponderings and discussions. Thanks for the reminder about the pony...lol...that brought a smile.

[Post New]by princessbutter1 on Apr 30, 18 3:42 PM
I too will miss the FORUM,I've have been bfg for a very long time also, First it was our POND, now our Form . GoodBYE everyone

Go to: