GOOD BYE

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:GOOD BYE

[Post New]by Theorem on Apr 29, 18 2:12 AM
I am sadly waving goodbye too. It's been years of fun, thanks to you all!

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Apr 29, 18 2:16 AM
FreakyFaerie that song has been echoing in my head since last night. Thank you for the words.
And everyone else your lovely words express everything I am thinking and feeling now. This forum is more than about a game. I have made friends, enjoyed their good times, laughed at their jokes, cried for them and with them, said prayers in times of trouble. More than that I have felt love and support when I have needed it most. Just knowing someone out there cares has been the best feeling in the world.
And so with tears in my eyes and make up ruined, I say so long and farewell to BF forum but hopefully not goodbyeto my friends.
A big thank you to you all for everything

NorryUK NuttyNana and SantaFairy

wineoclock
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by wineoclock on Apr 29, 18 4:07 AM
So sad about this as the song says 'they paved Paradise and made it a parking lot" Not really sure why that song came into my head

Big thank you to the Mods and to each and everyone of you

Edited on 04/30/2018 at 2:37:10 AM PST

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Apr 29, 18 6:10 AM
The song that keeps playing in my mind is "To Sir With Love" sung by Lulu.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/30/2018 at 3:16:56 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 29, 18 7:58 AM
Goodbye everyone!

I will miss the BFG forums immensely, as they had been part of my daily routine for a number of years. Though not without problems, what I liked most was the simple, ad free format of these forums. I have joined some of the new ones, but at present they seem a bit overwhelming, particularly those with hundreds of members, like MC.

Best to all!

eli

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 29, 18 8:02 AM
Bump because the spammers have overtaken the place again

lizdanny
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,252 Posts

[Post New]by lizdanny on Apr 29, 18 9:27 AM
My last ever post on 2018 Forum. Came to in 2007

I thought I felt bad enough with the closing of the forums but you guys have made me buckets reading your stories.

My story the one I will never forget was when our beloved Labrador (Toby) died age 15.1/2 . It was a bad day. I did not know what to do so I just sat at my Computer doing nothing. Eventually I wrote a post about our beloved Toby. I thought the ache would never go away. The posts I got back surprised me , pages and pages, reading the posts most l of them had suffered from losing a beloved pet.

I have not decided what forum I am going to join, I will take some time out and decide later.

Good luck to you all.

This is a very sad day. A Big Thank you to all my lovely friends.
Take care all of you.

Liz :

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Apr 29, 18 10:54 AM
Solong an goodbye, but not for long, I'll be back tomorrow, wether by habit or mistake, or maybe just that I miss it and want to read up many of the posts that I hve enjoyed or that helped me over one of the many hurdles of the game.

I for one will miss it, spam and warts and all .

Wishing everyone a very happy future in and out of the castle ,
and "thanks for the memories"

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 29, 18 12:38 PM
I will not say GB... I hope to see all of you on the MC forum created by our own Jenny [Removed by Moderator] on Delphi. Please visit - if you are comfortable with what you see - create a log on - it's free for basic membership which provides full access. There is no need to purchase upgraded membership unless you want to support Delphi.

cindykat325, human avatar for Kattlyn Raven

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 1:23:32 PM PST

miner
Herring
Herring
313 Posts

[Post New]by miner on Apr 29, 18 1:29 PM
This forum has been a wonderful place to visit, it has brought the world together in peace. We have had lots of good times also our tragedies and supported one another through thick and thin, one big family that includes the mods.

I will still revisit and read what information that is available as there is still lots to learn, also the stories which I have enjoyed immensely.

I will miss you All

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Apr 29, 18 2:39 PM
Good bye to all, until we meet again.

Will the last person who leaves please shut off the lights

Farewell

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Apr 29, 18 2:42 PM
Don't forget to shut the door behind you.

Monday 30/04/18 07:42 a.m. in North West Tasmania, Australia

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Apr 29, 18 4:27 PM
Sunday 7:30pm in Vermont, USA

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Apr 29, 18 4:40 PM
I am so very sad to be losing a place that meant so much to me for it's feeling of community and support . I have been shown such kindness and generosity from so many people here and I will never forget it.

Thank you to the Mods and Devs who have walked with, and guided us through this fantastic journey. I know the Devs are still at it for now and I hope for a while!

Hugs to all the lovely people here!! I'm at Delphi but doesn't feel like home yet.

Sue (Suenamie here and Suenamie5 on Delphi)

P.S. I loved the movie "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 4:42:25 PM PST

Arlise
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Arlise on Apr 29, 18 5:38 PM
A big thanks to the moderators and all of those wonderful players for the masses of info and tips posted on this forum.
Although I've never posted much over the years I have read heaps.
So thank you again all.

Not sure if I'll be joining any of the new forums (do I really need to sign up to anything else! sigh!).

Anyway I'll still be playing, playing, playing - so to all my friends I will still be here (in the game) though maybe not in any of the new forums.

Blessing to all.
Arlise.

Edited on 04/29/2018 at 5:41:45 PM PST

[Post New]by FreakyFaerie on Apr 29, 18 5:59 PM
Cindy you mean

Jenny- a small short-winged songbird found chiefly in the New World?

Just checking?

pclark200
Minnow
Minnow
298 Posts

[Post New]by pclark200 on Apr 29, 18 6:10 PM
Cannot thank you all enough for all the wonderful advise and support when things were wonky.
I am only a minnow...and will always remain so now.
Patty

1blazer1
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by 1blazer1 on Apr 29, 18 6:31 PM
Every morning, every night and many times during the day, I came here to see what was happening with MC and all the wonderful people here. What a great group of folks - so helpful, patient and supportive of any one with a game or personal problem. You all helped people celebrate achievements in game and real life and shared in their sorrow. I will definitely miss this forum and all the great folks here. I only hope that someday, wherever we all land, it will feel somewhat like this one did.

Goodbye and good luck, all. Hope I see you around.

DeeDee
Diane

cindykat325
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by cindykat325 on Apr 29, 18 7:49 PM
FreakyFaerie wrote:Cindy you mean

Just checking?

Exactly FreakyFaerie - thank you for the proper name

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Apr 29, 18 9:34 PM
FreakyFaerie wrote:Cindy you mean

Just checking?

Go to: