cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Aug 4, 10 2:32 PM
I'm backkk! LOL

Konstanty,

I just played the demo and exited through the Menu, with a couple of minutes to spare. I did it that way because the game played perfect for me and going by what you said, about exiting through the Menu, that will save where I left off. (hope I didn't just jinx myself!) LOL this is an awesome game and am going to use one of my credits to get it, but wanted to stop in here first to let you know that, like I said, the game worked perfect! I love it and the graphics are so clear and wonderful. I cannot think of one bad thing to say about this game. So, with that being said, I'm off to purchase it and start playing it right away!

Quick question....when will part 2 be out? LOL I'm already looking forward to it.

Take care and again, "thanks so much for coming in here and talking with us."
(and continuing to stay here!)

(I also beta tested this game and Jodie Drake as well and look forward to beta testing more of your games!)

Cheers!

 
KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Aug 4, 10 2:35 PM
TwinBottles wrote:szim - I sent you a PM with some help, let me know if it helped!

KathyGriggs - you should get my PM too.

IHateShopping - Glad to see you here! Filip had some time out of the dungeon, but now he will have to go back to investigate issues mentioned in this thread ;-)

cyndihugs - Glad you liked it! We improved the game a lot over last three months, even added new mode for those who crave more challenge ;-) I hope you will like it!


Konstanty



Where would I find the PM? So far no luck!

 
chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by chrysteen on Aug 4, 10 3:56 PM
my game wont load. it just sits there saying loading....but wont load. any advice? I really wanna play this one

 
KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Aug 4, 10 4:05 PM
Hi Twin Bottles, I just want to let you know that I am really enjoying this game! I love that I don't have to follow a walkthrough to know what I have to do next!
During the demo, I also got the Access Violation when I was in the Rat Kingdom, and it made me start again from the beginning--but the second time through I had no problems. I exited to the menu just to make sure that the game would save and it did. Just in case it made me start again when the demo ended, I exited to the menu and purchased the game before the demo was over and it saved my game perfectly.
I have been playing for about 4 hours and am halfway through, just starting Chapter 6.
The gameplay is really unique in hidden object games and the humor is a lot of fun. I am glad the hint system is unlimited and renews quickly. I will definitely be looking for the sequel when it comes out.
Thank you for taking the time to come to this forum, it shows that you really care about your product!!

 
cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Aug 4, 10 4:11 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:
TwinBottles wrote:szim - I sent you a PM with some help, let me know if it helped!

KathyGriggs - you should get my PM too.

IHateShopping - Glad to see you here! Filip had some time out of the dungeon, but now he will have to go back to investigate issues mentioned in this thread ;-)

cyndihugs - Glad you liked it! We improved the game a lot over last three months, even added new mode for those who crave more challenge ;-) I hope you will like it!


Konstanty



Where would I find the PM? So far no luck!



Hi KathyGriggs,

if you look to the right of this page [or any page on here], you'll see where it has your name and below it has:

"My Profile
My Posts
My Messages
Forum Rules & FAQ"

click on, "My Messages" (there should be something by your messages saying, (1 New ) letting you know you have a PM.

It's up near the top of your page. Good luck!



Sorry chrysteen, wish I could help you but have no idea, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? Sometimes that will work. Good luck!

 
puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 4, 10 4:19 PM
Hello Konstanty, Nice to see a dev here to ask my question re widescreen settings. I mentioned it here on page 1, so perhaps you didn't see it.

For widescreen laptop users, Screen setting have Panorama and Full Screen, but I still got the bars on each side like all the other games but Flux2 Rabbit and Fiction Fixers that stretch. So I was disappointed this dev didn't set it for widescreen or stretch cuz my settings don't have it. Now that Flux2 does I guess the dev can code it in even if my W7 64bit doesn't. 15.6" widescreen Toshiba.

I am so confused why only 3 games so far fill my 15.6 widescreen laptop (Toshiba Satellite 550 Series) and all others have the black side bars, and no stretch option. Is this in devs programming the game? Or Win7 64bit, (some of my games on older laptop with Vista would stretch wide) or my graphics card settings. I am at a loss as to where/who to go to for a fix, driver update or patch etc). I have graphics AMD M8 80G w/ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200. Optimum is res 1366x768 wide, but games seem to use 1024x768 which fill my regular pc flat panel 15" screen.

For games with tiny objects, at least stretch option helps makes details bigger altho some distortions, circles to ovoid. I thought your Panoramic option was going to fill screen but no change from full screen. Problem is, the game picture is reduced making finding things even more difficult because actual size top to bottom on laptop is smaller than reg monitor proportions.

Is this something the dev can help with, or a Win7 MS goof? My Vista laptop used to stretch a lot of games widescreen but not W7 settings. I bought Flux Family Rabbit CE Edition just because it displayed so beautifully, HD too. And Fiction Fixers Alice Wonderland, even a year old game Angela Youn's Dream Adventures fills my laptop screen. So that makes me think it is an option in the game programming?? But I read on tech blogs those that upgraded from Vista to W7 lost the old driver that would stretch. I'm going in circles but if I just understood where the source is to find the fix I and a lot of others here with same problem could update something perhaps.

2 games in July at least displayed with colored bars to cover the black ones. Picture looked the same like 1024x768 but at least visually more pleasing. Golden Trails added brown wooden borders like shutters around the game. The Great Gatsby added blue marble columns. Your game is black. Can you shed some light on this?

 
ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Aug 4, 10 4:22 PM
Hi Konstanty , Thanks for taking the time to stop by! I really liked the demo, except the characters appear really blurred out in wide screen or in panorama screen on my wide screen monitor. Background renders just fine, only the characters are blurred.

I run usually in 1440x900, on a 1920x1200 HD monitor. I tried every combo of resolution, and no luck. Was better in Windowed mode, but due to my vision, too hard to see that way. If you get a fix for this, I will buy. If not, best of luck to you anyway, it seems like a really fun game.

 
niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by niya00 on Aug 4, 10 4:55 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:I am so sad! I wanted this game! However, after 30 minutes of playing, strange things started to happen.......when Brunhilda comes out of the Rathole to disarm the traps and find cheese, she appears to be in a "box", and the computer, table and part of the chair are also in a "box". The man in the lobby has his head "cut off" by a "box" too. I uninstalled the game, went to the dev web site, downloaded their free version and the same thing happened. I cleaned my computer, rebooted, still, the same thing. I don't see this problem anywhere in this forum, so what the heck??? I've never had this problem before and the other games are working fine. Any clues, cause I've got the blues?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


Oh, by the way, the autosave does work!


That's what's happening to me. Computer less than a month old, runs a 64bit wonder if thats the problem and how to get around it?

 
morticia6
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,044 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by morticia6 on Aug 4, 10 5:14 PM
hi puzzledone, i've had the exact same widescreen problem with every game except for the couple you mentioned. would love to hear from dev on this issue. thanks for bringing it up. i also have win 7 64 bit.

Edited on 08/04/2010 at 5:15:08 PM PST


 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:21 PM
BarbaraFish wrote:This game crashed after playing 23 minutes. I was in the presence of the rat king or whatever.. had just found the tarot cards. The game apparently has no auto save so when i started the game up again, i was back at the beginning. Not a good sign. This looks like a no buy for me. A shame because i was enjoying the game.


The game definitely has an autosave if you end the game through the normal method. If it crashes (and this is likely true with any game), it doesn't have time to save at that point and will take you back to when it last saved.

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:23 PM
nat_pink25 wrote:I dont know if this has happened to any of you.. but at the beginning of the game after the tutorial when that little black thing starts taking to the girl... the conversations mixed up and they are talking at the same time

What's happening?????


Are you trying to click through them really fast?

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:25 PM
Gramsmom wrote:I was on Chapter 7 and I got the acess cod violation. When I went back to the game I was brought back to the beginning. There seems to be no auto save. GRRRRRRR. Well I like the game and will start over. This time when I finish a chapter I will exit and save that way. Still wish there was auto save.


There is an autosave that always saves between chapters and if you haven't crashed, it will save at the point you stop within a chapter. Try going to the Telekinesis menu and see if you can start chapter 6 or 7 from there.

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:27 PM
TwinBottles wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm with the team that developed Brunhilda, just registered here to offer some tech support and answer your questions :-)

The game does have autosave - it should save game every time you exit to main menu or desktop. It is strange that some of you lost progress after the demo, we will investigate this immediately.

Konstanty


Hey there Konstanty!

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:29 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:I am so sad! I wanted this game! However, after 30 minutes of playing, strange things started to happen.......when Brunhilda comes out of the Rathole to disarm the traps and find cheese, she appears to be in a "box", and the computer, table and part of the chair are also in a "box". The man in the lobby has his head "cut off" by a "box" too. I uninstalled the game, went to the dev web site, downloaded their free version and the same thing happened. I cleaned my computer, rebooted, still, the same thing. I don't see this problem anywhere in this forum, so what the heck??? I've never had this problem before and the other games are working fine. Any clues, cause I've got the blues?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


Oh, by the way, the autosave does work!


This sounds like a video card problem. Have you tried updating drivers at the video card manufacturer's site?

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:31 PM
ihateshopping wrote:
TwinBottles wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm with the team that developed Brunhilda, just registered here to offer some tech support and answer your questions :-)

The game does have autosave - it should save game every time you exit to main menu or desktop. It is strange that some of you lost progress after the demo, we will investigate this immediately.

Konstanty
Hi Konstanty!

Everyone:

You couldn't be in better hands than with TwinBottles. They are absolutely dedicated to making the game as wonderful an experience as it can possibly be. They will do everything they possibly can, short of buying you a new computer, to cure what ails your game...IF they can.

If there's a problem in the programming, they WILL fix it. Not maybe, they absolutely will. If the problem is due to some other issue, then BFG's customer service will have to step in.

P.S. K, do you still have Filip locked in the dungeon? Hopefully hard at work on B2.


I TOTALLY 2nd, 3rd, and 4th this message!

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 6:34 PM
nnrobertson wrote:Thanks for logging on to answer our questions! Regarding the autosave....my issue was that when I played the demo, I never exited to the main menu or to the desktop. I started the game and played straight through the 60 minutes until the game closed on me b/c I ran out of time. I then activated it. That's why it never autosaved. There was never a need for me to go the main menu or desktop when I was playing and I was into the game so just kept on going!


Have you looked in the Telekinesis menu on home page to see if you could get into the last chapter you were in from there?

 
BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by BossBrat on Aug 4, 10 9:34 PM
Mine game crashed, too, when I was dealing with the rats - can't remember exactly what I was doing, though. It was an access violation and I've never gotten one before, even when there have been pages of technical issues.

I have a windows 7 computer that's less than 6 months old. I have a dual core pentium process, a great G-force graphics card and a 1T hard drive. My computer is totally updated (as of yesterday) and is cleaned several times a day to prevent a lot of junk from piling up. So, I'm not exactly sure what caused this problem.

I uninstalled the game and will wait for a 'fix' as I LOVED this game. I didn't think I would, because some of the items are very tiny, but, using the magnifying glass, I had no problem whatsoever finding things. I certainly hope the fix comes soon, before I see something else I can't live without, lol.

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Aug 4, 10 9:39 PM
BossBrat wrote:Mine game crashed, too, when I was dealing with the rats - can't remember exactly what I was doing, though. It was an access violation and I've never gotten one before, even when there have been pages of technical issues.

I have a windows 7 computer that's less than 6 months old. I have a dual core pentium process, a great G-force graphics card and a 1T hard drive. My computer is totally updated (as of yesterday) and is cleaned several times a day to prevent a lot of junk from piling up. So, I'm not exactly sure what caused this problem.

I uninstalled the game and will wait for a 'fix' as I LOVED this game. I didn't think I would, because some of the items are very tiny, but, using the magnifying glass, I had no problem whatsoever finding things. I certainly hope the fix comes soon, before I see something else I can't live without, lol.


Instead of just waiting for a fix, PLEASE contact CS and let them know exactly what happened. What might look like the same or a similar issue here in the forum may not actually be the same thing at all...or at least not have the same reason behind it. They need any information you can give them to help resolve the issue sooner.

 

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Aug 5, 10 1:32 AM
puzzledone wrote:

For widescreen laptop users, Screen setting have Panorama and Full Screen, but I still got the bars on each side like all the other games but Flux2 Rabbit and Fiction Fixers that stretch. So I was disappointed this dev didn't set it for widescreen or stretch cuz my settings don't have it. Now that Flux2 does I guess the dev can code it in even if my W7 64bit doesn't. 15.6" widescreen Toshiba.


Hi Puzzledone,

when the Panoramic screen option is checked, the game (at least our game) adds black bars on left and right edge of the image. This way, the image isn't stretched which would cause blurriness and distortion.

However when you uncheck this option and switch to fullscreen, image should fill whole screen. If that's not the case, then most probably your video card or video card drivers are trying to play smart and add black bars to avoid stretching and quality loss :-)

You could tinker with your video card settings and see if you have something like auto resizing or best fit checked there. If I recall correctly there is such an option in nVidia control panel. But do this on your own risk ;-)



 
b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by b00kworm on Aug 5, 10 2:12 AM
Mine crashed once with an access violation error, too, at the very end (the end menu) of the dragon chapter. But when I started the game up again, it brought me the menu again (only this time with 0 items, 0 objectives and only 51 seconds), then it went on normally and I never had that problem again.

 
 
 
 
Go to: