Re:Post any Elixir of Immortality technical issues here only

[Post New]by CowboyDenver on Dec 21, 10 2:08 PM
I'm playing the Mac version. I'm in the magician's room and have done the candle puzzle with the charged sphere, but i cannot go any further. The magician says I can find another part of the medallion (I have 1 part) in "there". Where is "there"? I've clicked on everything. I consulted the walkthrough and it says to pick up the skull and break the mirror. BUT I cannot pick up the skull. I've clicked on every square inch of the screen and NOTHING!! Is this a bug or what? I am seriously stuck.

EDIT: Two things: First, put the rose in the statue's open hand. Then all is good. She will trade for the second part of the medallion.

MORE REGARDING SOUND ISSUE: It seems to happen when you are in a hidden object screen and accidentally click when the cursor has changed to "leave this place". If you click back too quickly all sound is lost.

Edited on 12/22/2010 at 9:57:37 PM PST

[Post New]by lynneber on Jan 30, 11 6:47 PM
blackfaerie11 wrote:Entering the code in teh cryptex:

Every time I get back to the scene where the heart key and subsequent rearranging in the hall gives me the four digit code, I get a new code. I wish I remembered what that original code was, because I enter whatever code it gives me over and over in the cryptex and it isn't unlocked. I know I have the numbers right, and I know that I am turning the dials to the right number, but it won't open.

[Post New]by cherokee337 on Mar 16, 11 3:19 AM
I too am having the issue with the elevator key, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[Post New]by Liberty1234 on Mar 23, 11 7:05 PM
I use an iMac 10.6.7 intel, at first there were lags, that resolved itself but I can't seem to keep the music or sound effects to continue from scene to scene. If I exit and quit when I return there will be music and sound fx but if I go from one scene to another at the page change the sound will stop. Is there a fix for this?? It's kind of a bummer to keep exiting and starting again to have sound.

[Post New]by goellers on Mar 28, 11 5:40 PM
I accidently put the lever on the left instead of the right and it won't let me take it off to put it on the right thing. The things are used to open the bridge to the castle. Help
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 12:53:58 PM PST

[Post New]by LenaHen on Apr 23, 11 10:11 AM
blackfaerie11 wrote:Entering the code in teh cryptex:

Every time I get back to the scene where the heart key and subsequent rearranging in the hall gives me the four digit code, I get a new code. I wish I remembered what that original code was, because I enter whatever code it gives me over and over in the cryptex and it isn't unlocked. I know I have the numbers right, and I know that I am turning the dials to the right number, but it won't open.

Same here. No response from the cryptex (BTW, that should be "cryptex" not "crypt")

My environment for troubleshooting: OS=WinXPx64, NVidia GeForce 8500, DirectX is up to date, all patches applied. Game was downloaded and installed 4/23/11, so presumably is fully up to date.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 23, 11 10:16 AM
The cryptex initial settings are I II III IV (1, 2, 3, 4).
Write down your numbers and translate them into Roman numerals. Once they're in your journal, don't go back as they will change.

tiaem
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by tiaem on May 12, 11 9:07 PM
I'm supposed to find a hidden object game in the castle under the hole in the ceiling? I can't find it and therefore, I don't have the screwdriver to give to the physicist. What's up with that?

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 18, 11 12:45 PM
I just started the Demo, I am stuck in the dream with the 4 people on slabs?????
Any Ideas????
About checking a walkthrough I was never able to minimize the game, had to excit each time. Have to try this tab and alt next time hope that works.

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 18, 11 1:10 PM
I got out of the dream but I had to exit, not good.
Learned something today this Alt-tab works to minimize, thank you. Never to old to learn something new

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 18, 11 1:26 PM
Seems like a great game but I do get stuck in those dreams he has, only way to get out is to exit.

chelogirl
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by chelogirl on Jul 15, 11 7:06 AM
i love this game, want to buy it now but problem is im always lag,super slow, i cant move my cursor

angiejoy59
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by angiejoy59 on Aug 4, 11 1:07 PM
I'm using a Power Mac 10.4.11. When I get to the lockers and insert the second half heart the game allows me to proceed thru the first sequence of objects but after placing them I should be able to slide the last panel over revealing a dragon. Despite using the control click maneuver, which is the mac version of right click, the game will not allow me to make any further moves or advance in the game. It's not frozen, I just can't slide that panel over or bypass that step. Suggestions?

Addreamy
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Addreamy on Aug 27, 11 6:55 PM
Just to let you know: i'm on an intel Mac
OS 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

and all throughout the game the sound faded out after 10-15 min of play; FASTER if I clicked too exuberantly during the **** scenes, but slowing down did not eliminate the problem.

loved the game, but having to exit and re-enter every 10 or so minutes (or else play silently) really ruined the atmosphere and continuity of the game for me.

angiejoy59
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by angiejoy59 on Aug 29, 11 6:59 PM
I'm playing on a Power Mac OSX 10.4.11
The game will not allow me to enter my name as a player. The keyboard does not respond when I try to type anything. I can enter the game once as Player but an hour into the game the game crashed and I cannot go back in under a new name to start over again.
I've had many BFG games and a few Vogat games but this is the first time I've had this problem.
I.ve done all the usual troubleshooting steps; uninstall, reinstall, uninstall again after trashing global and local exe.plist files. I've even done Find searches looking for all stray files and emptying the trash before powering down, then powering back up and then reinstalling the game. After all that failed I went through the whole process with the GM. No luck!
As if that were not enough, when I get to the wall puzzle in the hall of the mansion and place my two halves of the heart in the appropriate slots, the game allows me to slide the blocks around for only a few attempts before decieding I cannot move them in any further directions.
I read through what I thought were the appropriate threads to see if this is a common problem but found no matching complaints.
Can anyone help me? [i]Please[/i]

Astraeas
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astraeas on Sep 12, 11 11:54 PM
The sound on this game keeps fading out after it runs for about 10 minutes. If I exit the game and restart it then the sound is back for another 10 minutes or so before it goes out again. I've read that other people have had this problem too. Is there a permanent fix for this sound issue? I'm running the game on a MAC OSX 10.6.8, intel core i7 2.8 ghz, 8gb memory. Thank you!

[Post New]by LauraMiller on Sep 13, 11 7:18 PM
I'm having the sound issue, too. It seems to happen moving in and out of the HOG scenes. Often the music will go first and it will just be sound effects for a few minutes, then total silence. Exiting and restarting game restores all sound for a while, but as soon as I do a HOG scene, it starts to cut out again.

I'm running an Intel Core Duo MacBookPro with OS 10.6.8. Is there a fix?

Otherwise, terrific game.

sent back to beginning of game

[Post New]by holgar on Oct 18, 11 9:25 AM
got to the part just past the lighthouse, into the boat and over to the other side where someone was shot and the the game went back to the beginning!
PC user and note I´m not very technical!
thanks

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 18, 11 12:18 PM
Hey holgar,

You may want to take a look at the following help article for some help with save issues:

Save Errors

If going through these steps doesn't resolve this for you, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to assist you one-on-one. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Dec 20, 11 2:57 PM
I'm having trouble with the sound disappearing, too. Using Mac OS X 10.6.8, Snow Leopard. Very annoying. No music, and sound effects suddenly stop. I'm bummed because I just bought this game, having demoed it before. I don't remember that happening when I demoed it, but maybe that was why I didn't buy it.

I hope they issue a fix for this glitch. It seems like a lot of people on Intel Macs are having this problem, judging by this thread. (Then there are the ones who never made it to the thread to post, I'm sure.) It's a total buzz kill for the game to play it in silence.

Hope someone at BF is listening. I doubt this is something filing a help ticket would fix.

Go to: