sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 5, 10 2:29 AM
Robilyn wrote:I will buy it and try it, when it is $6.99. I am still waiting for the other CE games from last week to come out at $6.99. You might try making the rest of us happy BFG. We spend our money here too.

I agree 100% with Robilyn. I am still waiting for the other 2 too. Enough with these dang CE's. I wouldn't pay for them because there isn't enough game to play $19.95 worth. Paying that price is nuts. This is really getting ridiculous. It seems like almost every HOG coming out is a CE. Don't these authors realize they make more money with SE's then CE's.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Aug 5, 10 2:35 AM
meanbusiness wrote:I retired last year and BF has really changed my life. I love to read and have an extensive library of books. I also have an extensive library of games. I understand that the colectors editions are extemely controversial. However, to be able to preview and buy really quality games for usually 6.99 is a tremendously exciting experience. I wait for 12:00 A.M. to see what is going to be offered, before I go to bed. Each of us has to decide what we will be able to buy on our budgets. I truly understand that sometimes we cannot afford or do not want to fit 20.00 in our budget. So with that said, comes patience.

This collectors edition also comes with an entirely free game which I have previewed and liked very much. Looks like BF has answered our requests for something added when we pay the Big Bucks.....

Beside all that, this series is really tremendous. Loved the first one, and I fit this second one into my budget tonight. Just one more thought. Again, I am very thankful for the opportunity to have a decision to make. I just love to play these games. Thanks BF for making this possible....

Well said,

I don't mind if CE's are being released, I have a couple of CE's myself and enjoy them very much

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 2:40:21 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Aug 5, 10 4:05 AM
Just bought the game, and now I cant wait to get home from work and download it and play.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 5, 10 4:19 AM
I actually got a jolt when I saw this being offered today. Sorry, I don't have a review yet but I intend to purchase this as soon as I get home from work today since I LOVED the first one so much. Man, I'm so jazzed right now! Yippee!

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Aug 5, 10 5:23 AM
I have been a big fan and defender of CEs, simply because I hate to wait and also hate to think that I'm missing any tiny bit of extra gameplay.

However, lately I've been really busy in my Real Life. First I missed the Dream Chronicles CE (first one I've missed, I think) and after that they've come thick and fast. Too many to keep up with. And I've found that I just don't care about being able to play right away, nor do I feel bad that I might be missing something.

After all, the CE will always be there, and I already have so many games waiting on my game manager, my feelings of guilt over not playing those patiently waiting games have kicked in and overridden the desire for instant gratification.

So, now that I have found that I don't actually care so much about getting the game IMMEDIATELY, and don't lie awake at night clutching the sheets and wiping the sweat off my forehead as I wonder what few moments of gameplay I might have missed... what's the point of the CE?

Conclusion: even though Picman originally said CEs would be very rare items, limited to only the most special of games (I can't find the exact quote because Advanced Search goes back only one page's worth of posts), and even though this is being gainsaid by having several out at a time and bringing out practically every. single. last HOG worth its salt as a CE, I have to THANK BF for releasing them by the netfull instead (I picture the brawny BF salesfolk throwing out their nets and hauling in masses of wriggling CEs, along with the occasional Nightfall Stories, etc.).

Thanks to this deluge, I have learned that I CAN live without playing rightthisminute, and CAN live with the idea that I may be missing a scene or two. (I know that after the debacle of Dire Grove, they will never leave out anything as fun and important as morphing objects again!)

Having had the fortune to be able to buy so many CEs, I know that the only thing I'm really missing is the strategy guide... and I can get a free walkthrough anyway. And the 3 card punches is what's responsible for me having this many games to get through anyway!

Without even playing the demo, I'm confident that Enlightenus will be a FABULOUS game. And adding a complete extra game is definitely the way to go -- much more likely to get me buying CEs again. At least, when I have the time....

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 5:26:10 AM PST

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Aug 5, 10 5:28 AM
Just to add my 2 cents worth on the waiting game.
Bf games are released at 3 in the afternoon here in Western Australia. I love nothing more than picking up my girls (4) from school, checking if I want to download and then getting afternoon tea. I can check the site whilst they put bags away, pull out reading books and homework etc.
Cheers, Tracey.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Aug 5, 10 6:23 AM
Thank you Mean for expressing the words as I would like to but can't. I am not good at saying what I want so I hope someone else does. The only CEs I don't have are the TM games. Thanks BF for these great games.

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Aug 5, 10 6:35 AM
33tlc wrote:.
Bf games are released at 3 in the afternoon here in Western Australia. I love nothing more than picking up my girls (4) from school, checking if I want to download and then getting afternoon tea. I can check the site whilst they put bags away, pull out reading books and homework etc.
Cheers, Tracey.

That sounds like so much fun! I shouldn't complain because I'm on the west coast like BFG, so I only have to wait until 12... but sometimes I wish it would be earlier, because I'm settled into bed by 12, and so is DH. He's nice about me playing while he sleeps, but still....

It would be SUPER fun to be sitting with your girls and downloading/playing your demo while they do their homework and you all have tea (I know it's probably something else, but I picture tea and scones by the Aga).

azmesa340
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by azmesa340 on Aug 5, 10 11:56 AM
tuttepeever wrote:I guess I will be the first to add my comment. It will be brief. I own the Original, love it and have played it countless time. It is so innovative and I expect this one will be as well. Just downloading the Demo.

HOWEVER, I am totally pissed off that once again when a Sequel comes out, it does as a Collector's Edition. There are so many of us who just can't afford the price and you force us to wait for weeks in order to purchase. I have 3 on my waiting list currently. I hope BGF will rethink this policy. Perhaps there is enough money to be made on the backs of those who need instant gratification which seems to be the mindset of most today knowing the rest of us will wait with patience. This trend saddens me greatly.

I expect there are many of us who are Senior Citizens who rely upon BGF games to help us pass the day and who live on a very limited income.

Retired Senior- so frustrating waiting for the 6.99 version to come out - I too have 3 lined up.!

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Aug 5, 10 7:48 PM
Agree with all
why do we need CE we all wait for 6.99 after trial period
just give good games at good prices
i will not buy this until its at BF 6.99 price

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 5, 10 9:42 PM
in chitchat someone posted a very good anology....when books 1st come out they are hardcover, much more expensive then paperback, and a lot more money and there is a very long time between the release of a hardcover and paperback...most stephen king books i dont wait on...some i do....yes they make a lot of money on paperbacks by sheer volume....but hardcover helps them recoup thier expenses and make a profit and therefore make a living....ce,s are the same to me anyway...if its a game i have been waiting for and it looks like it will have a decent length i will buy a ce.... we who buy the ce,s pay for the walkthru, some like the art stuff, the xtra content, and playing it sooner.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 6, 10 4:16 AM
You know what looks really beautiful? The tower. Too bad 95% of all gameplay doesn't take place there. It takes place in, what, a whopping major total of 15 different so-called "time periods". These "time periods" look as bad as any junk pile/trashcan HOG scenario I've ever played, and I've played plenty. It would've been more forgiving had they given the visuals a Monty Python cartoon/Victorian twist. They were even in grainier resolutions than the tower environs. As I kept playing I felt disappointed every time I easily found a new "time period" I must wade through. As if these particular time periods had anything at all to do with the plot...I felt they didn't. It's pretty obvious the amazing artists who designed the Tower had absolutely nothing at all to do with designing the time periods. Maybe they gave a hand in the gypsy tent time period but that's it.

The first game was a masterpiece. This one, not so much.

I did enjoy all the story book/'grow' mini-puzzles, they blended well with the 1st 2 floors themes of childhood.

[Post New]by Barbara2001 on Aug 6, 10 5:29 AM
I bought the CE version yesterday and love it. I'm stuck at the moment, but refuse to "cheat" by using the built-in strategy guide.

What really puzzles me is how I access the free game "Forgotten Riddles - Mayan Princess" as it didn't seem to download at the same time. Do I have to download it separately and hope I am not charged>

[Post New]by Barbara2001 on Aug 6, 10 7:52 AM
Answering my own question - the extra game is in "Extras" on the Main Menu. I should really read everything on screen!

I've now moved on much further in Enlightenus 2 and still enjoying it.

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by kali55 on Mar 12, 11 10:10 AM
GrammaKj wrote:I played the original Enlightenus as part of a free download with a monthly membership at another site and absolutely fell in love with the game. I couldn't wait for the next installment to come out and to my dismay - it's a CE. I agree with the poster that said the "senior citizens" on fixed incomes can't afford these CE's. I will unfortunately have to wait til this comes out at the regular price and use one of my punchcard credits. I think the CE's have been overdone lately and I just can't afford it. For those of you that are purchasing this CE - have fun and know that many of us are are eagerly waiting for the regular game to come out. I look forward to reading all of your comments and reviews.

I agree with you also. I have one CE and cannot remember which one. Oh well. Back to the original ...senior citizens. It breaks my heart. for some it is all we/they have. Others may ...just may be a bit more fortunate. Not that I do not believe we are already getting a good price...but for those of us that are in the game club, I think it could go down to the $4.99 for reg. games and $6.99 for CE's permanently. Plus being a senior. It makes me laugh when I go out shopping and it is senior citizens day. Aren't we seniors everyday? And these are only downloads not the actual cd. Just MO Myself, I have to plan ahead and order carefully.

Go to: