nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 5, 10 8:34 AM
It is a good example of the first game again. It seems more refined in that the developers have stepped up the depth of finding things. I had one glich in the beginning of the second chapter. I played the puzzle game and was successful but it did not register with the game and I had to play it over again. I skipped to a different section instead. My trial version is over now so I'm not sure if I will buy it. I'll wait for a while to see if anyone else had this problem. If not it might just be my glitch. I will uninstall for now. Have fun with this game those of you it is working for it seems like it might be interesting. I think I will post this in technical issues too.
Nana

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Faylyn on Aug 5, 10 8:53 AM
I absolutely love the first Enlightenus and am so happy to see Enlightenus II here at Big Fish! I normally do not buy a CE, but am going to buy this one. is a mighty fine designer/developer and I hope to see many more delightfully fun games from them in the future!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Aug 5, 10 8:55 AM
Yea , this is different ...but I am not sure I like it enough to buy it ...I'm not sure it would keep my interest ? on the fence , maybe when it comes around the block the second time around at 6.99 $ I would take a chance , but not 20 $ .. Cheers

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 5, 10 9:06 AM
I am going to wait for the $6.99 game..

1) I already own the The Forgotten Riddles great game

2) i do not care for Wall Paper

3) i do not care for the music

4) I do not care for the xtra art....

Happy Gaming

PEN

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Aug 5, 10 9:17 AM
I'm have bad video issues with horizontal colored lines.

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
Intel i3 2.13 GHz processor
4 Gig RAM (3.8 usable)
Intel HD Graphics card

This isn't happening on an old XP machine with 768 MB RAM and an Intel 82845G graphics card.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Aug 5, 10 9:18 AM
I wonder if anyone can answer my question - The first Enlightenus was developed by Blue Tea Games. When I check their website, they don't mention "II" for this game. Was this game developed by them or is someone ripping them off?

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Aug 5, 10 9:25 AM
I remember that I didn't like the first Enlightenus enough to buy it, so I certainly doubt I will pay for a CE of the second one. If it is combining "sets" and not a true HOG, I probably won't like it. I'm not much on adventure games, but like a little break from hidden object searches in interesting mini-games.
Downloading it now and will give it a try.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 5, 10 9:39 AM
This is a great game. I loved the first one and this one is very similar. If you haven't figured this out already, it helps to pick any of the objects that need to be placed and then role your cursor over the items in the scene to get a description of the item. Otherwise, it's not obvious where to place the objects. For example, if a cigar needs to be placed it's not clear where to place it until you scroll over a parrot that says, "cigar-loving parrot". Great graphics and I didn't mind the music at all.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Aug 5, 10 9:40 AM
I kinda like my trial version--fun to try new adventures in gaming.

I am definateltely a HOG/IHOG/FROG kinda gal-but I do enjoy a different take now & then just to keep the mind going.

As for CE vs SE...money is tight the world over...I personally do not see the advantages in $20 for a game, but then again that is far cheaper than the some of the other games retail wise. Or even a date night with the DH.

I will probably wait (yet again) for SE, but I will buy this one eventually.

The good:Great graphics, interesting storyline & different games-no STD (spot the difference) The extra hint cards in the scenes (I do tend to use them)

The bad, well mostly it's the curser (small thing) & feeling lost a bit.

It's a different feel, but relaxing

Music/voice overs are not an issue as I tend to mute those & listen to my own music or TV while playing.

I truely hope the developers keep on creating...

Afterall I remember my first HOGS/IHOS/FROG & still go back to them-my M3 are all still waiting to be reloaded & who can forget Zenerchi?

I say if you want about 3 hours or for fun & like the special effects & can afford it--go for it, I personally have to wait for the matinee price.

all in all 3.75 of 5

Edited on 08/05/2010 at 9:45:43 AM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 5, 10 9:48 AM
I really enjoyed this game as much as the last one. Love the challenge of the HOG where you have to match an object to a hidden object that somehow matchs with it.
Graphics are great, music not too overpowering, overall challenging game. Extra hint cards are not easy to find, which is good IMO.
But once again I will wait for this to come out in "normal" mode. CE's are simply not enough bang for your buck. Honestly the extra game is never all that long and who cares about wallpaper, screenshots and the rest of the stuff they call extra content? BFG, did you want to give us CE extras that are worth the money? How about a film on how a game is developed from inception through production to release. That I'd pay extra to see.

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Aug 5, 10 10:04 AM
medview2 wrote:I wonder if anyone can answer my question - The first Enlightenus was developed by Blue Tea Games. When I check their website, they don't mention "II" for this game. Was this game developed by them or is someone ripping them off?

I checked the credits on the game and it says developed by Blue Tea...

Hope this helps

[Post New]by drgnhrts on Aug 5, 10 10:18 AM
i have also waited a long time for this sequel. hope it"s better than the first one. still undecided if i'm going to get the CE or wait. may not be a bad buy with the second game included.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 5, 10 10:18 AM
I really liked the first Enlightenus and I played the demo for this one without any problems or technical issues.

I love the graphics and music and beauty of these games and there is a third one coming in the future, too.

But...I don't want to buy another CE game. I'll wait till it's 6.99. I don't need a Strategy Guide or extra few minutes of play or Wallpaper. How much does Wallpaper cost, anyway???

Jude_Rigby
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Jude_Rigby on Aug 5, 10 10:19 AM
I prefer searching for objects rather than putting things back. Putting things back for some reason puts me in mind of cleaning up my room, lol, which I can do for free and itsn't all that fun for me really. So I'll pass on this game. But hope everyone else who buys this enjoys it!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 5, 10 10:22 AM
I am a big fan of Enlightenus I and purchased that one when it went of the DD for 2.99. I played the demo and loved Enlightenus II but as the majority in the pond, I too will wait for the 6.99 version.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Aug 5, 10 10:26 AM
Well, I got the CEs for Redemption Cemetary and Echoes Of The Past:Castle Of Shadows
and this one is not as good as the two I mentioned. Those two are awesome.

I remember playing the first Enlightenus and this second one has similar gameplay. Although I liked the first one, I don't see this second one worth a CE price so I shall wait for the regular version to come out before I get it.

lalaby47
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lalaby47 on Aug 5, 10 10:38 AM
heatherington wrote:You will not see me buying games for $19.99 anymore. I will also wait until this comes out for $6.99. But it will have to get in line because I'm still waiting for Echos of the Past and then Redemption Cemetery so this one will have to get in line.

lalaby47
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lalaby47 on Aug 5, 10 10:44 AM
heatherington wrote:You will not see me buying games for $19.99 anymore. I will also wait until this comes out for $6.99. But it will have to get in line because I'm still waiting for Echos of the Past and then Redemption Cemetery so this one will have to get in line.

I absolutely agree with you. Some games I've already forgotten I intended buying for this reason.They must to get in line.
lalaby47

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Aug 5, 10 11:06 AM
emmyjayne wrote:This is a great game. I loved the first one and this one is very similar. If you haven't figured this out already, it helps to pick any of the objects that need to be placed and then role your cursor over the items in the scene to get a description of the item. Otherwise, it's not obvious where to place the objects. For example, if a cigar needs to be placed it's not clear where to place it until you scroll over a parrot that says, "cigar-loving parrot". Great graphics and I didn't mind the music at all.

lunahielo
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by lunahielo on Aug 5, 10 11:14 AM
I love the Enlightenus games so I had no problem downloading this one..already enchanted by it....... Please keep on having these really neat games..(Ones where you have to think and with great graphics).I would like to see another *Dream Day Wedding* one...too

Go to: