graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by graytori on Aug 5, 10 7:20 PM
I did not get jacket on the 3rd floor. That's all I need to put all in order to retrieve the necklace. I also see others have same problem. I do not want to start over as I have gone too far. I hope this issue gets fixed as I cannot go any farther without starting over. Please check this out.

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by gamineannie on Aug 5, 10 8:55 PM
Only real problem so far is the game does not close properly when i exit it. Twice, I had to stop the process with Task Manager.
Are there really E-cards in each scene? Cause I have seldom found any. Either they are not there or too well hidden.

[Post New]by bina56 on Aug 5, 10 11:10 PM
I have a problem, wwhen I get the second flour and want to start the puzzel at the owl ( by the cage of the dragon) the game just quits on me. and everytime I come there it quits
I re-installed it, I have all the neccesairy drivers, but still not working!
Anyone has the same problem?

[Post New]by Barbarabarb on Aug 6, 10 4:52 AM
Same thing here - McAfee caught a virus on install. Having recently lost a PC to a bad virus I did not risk it This has never happened before but I have so many games to catch up on it is only a shame and not a disaster

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 6, 10 5:21 AM
evanskl wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the size and location of the game on the screen? It is coming up very large and to the right side of my screen. After closing the game my home screen is small and to the left side. Maybe I need to change some setting.

The same thing happened to me. I hate this sort of thing. Only happened once before with a game. So I won't even bother trying it again (after I got the game to close down) and wait until the standard version comes out. Perhaps by then a few bugs will have been ironed out.

And no, you don't have to change any settings. It's the game's fault.

And for those who get a virus alert from McAfee... It's a nuisance but the virus scanners lately seem to think that generic files that are vital to a game are trojan horses or whatnot when in fact they are just harmless but very vital files. But you can't do anything about it, unfortunately. *sigh*

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 6, 10 9:22 AM
Hey Fishies,

I can see that some of you have been receiving a McAfee error message and I wanted to assure you that Big Fish Games will never release a game that is potentially harmful.

We’ve been in contact with McAfee overnight and I'm happy to say that Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower and related files have been given a
clean bill of health!

If you do receive a warning from your McAfee software when installing Enlightenus II, please update your McAfee software to ensure that the most recent definitions are loaded and then try again.

If you’re still getting this message, or you are receiving a warning from a program other than McAfee, please take a screenshot and contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Aug 6, 10 10:19 AM
OK, Here's the deal. This game and a number of others do not "fit" my screen. This one displays in the uper left corner. Not all it is displayed. I have had similar problems with playing the game in windows and I would get a message that said that the Windows mode has been disabled. Try as I might I cannot figure out how to change my display settings. I am playing on Windows 7. Any ideas?

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Aug 6, 10 2:21 PM
evanskl wrote:Is anyone having trouble with the size and location of the game on the screen? It is coming up very large and to the right side of my screen. After closing the game my home screen is small and to the left side. Maybe I need to change some setting.

Any ideas?

Had the same problem. I manually changed my resolution and now plays fine. I changed it to 1024x768. Went to the help section on Big Fish to find out how to do it. Hope this helps.

tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Aug 6, 10 3:33 PM
Thanks tried it...Screen resolution will not stay at the correct size. Explored the help section and there just doesnt seem to be a fix. Cant get to the option screen on the game as it is cut off. So I guess I am kinda stuck.

[Post New]by sasha_d on Aug 6, 10 7:55 PM
bfgarnostyx -- you guys have indeed fixed the mcafee virus alert issue, and i was able to download and install the game without incident. thank you for your diligence and speedy resolution!

nikki_UK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by nikki_UK on Aug 6, 10 9:58 PM
graytori wrote:I did not get jacket on the 3rd floor. That's all I need to put all in order to retrieve the necklace. I also see others have same problem. I do not want to start over as I have gone too far. I hope this issue gets fixed as I cannot go any farther without starting over. Please check this out.

Yep had exactly the same problem - I did start over and same thing happened again, got everything except jacket, going to ask BF for help on this I think.

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on Aug 7, 10 3:24 AM
I've downloaded the game but seems to take forever to save the file. Downloaded quite a number of big file games before, never encounter the problem like this. Hmm, guess it's unplayable for me...

[Post New]by ladydee1967 on Aug 7, 10 9:36 AM
Okay little frustrated here. First off when I dl the trial it said it was expired already (umm okay). After looking at the reviews I decided to buy it anyway..I loved the first game and thought the CE would be worth it. I am working on the forbidden city on the first floor and the game has locked up on me twice. The first time I retried the game and it hadnt saved what I had done in the forbidden city. The second time I said forget it Im giving it a rest now. If this happens a third time I will check the faq for technical issues but most likely ask for my money back.
I love BF games this is the place I find some value for my money yet this is frustrating.
Thanks for letting me vent
Deena

ferby4164
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Enlightenuns II

[Post New]by ferby4164 on Aug 7, 10 12:35 PM

I had already downloaded the game: Enlightenusn II, and had played it the one free trial hour. Then I went ahead and bought it..and now it is trying to download again! Why??? I went in and asked for it to be "unlocked" but that didn't work. HELP!!! Donna Marcus

mauserC96
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mauserC96 on Aug 7, 10 1:37 PM
Game appears to run ok except for one big problem. Whenever I enter a scene that has items to place, the scene is completely devoid of any objects. Just the background appears. No objects, no E cards, nada. Serious bug along with all the other problems people seem to be experiencing. If the game can't be fixed, how about a refund. Normally, I've had very good luck with games purchased through BigFish. I am very disappointed with this one.

cynz1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by cynz1 on Aug 7, 10 1:38 PM
Seems like a great game, but even with updated video card driver, play is laggy. Hope this will be fixed.

[Post New]by evanskl on Aug 7, 10 3:23 PM
Me, I'm still stuck too.....playing in "Windowed", but my ol'eyes don't like it.

[Post New]by everyonesmomtwo on Aug 7, 10 11:23 PM
Tried to download and my computer informed me that the disk was "corrupt or incomplete" and I was unable to do so.
Really want to try this one as I loved the last one.

crickets52
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by crickets52 on Aug 8, 10 5:26 AM
I am having the same problem when entering a scene the objects that should be in the boxes at the bottom of the screen do not appear. I have had to go out of the scene and back in a couple times until they appear. Also trying to place the emperors flag but the flag is no longer in the box although when my cursor is over it, it thinks it is there and indicates I have the flag!! To place it, all I have in the window is a dot and I cannot place the flag on the dot. (This happened when I could actually see the flag as well.) I used a hint and it indicated the dot in the window but does not allow me to attache it!! When I open the strategy guide it is completely blank except for the BACK button. Would love to buy because I really enjoyed the first one but not if this is as far as I can go!!

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Aug 8, 10 10:56 AM
gamineannie wrote:Only real problem so far is the game does not close properly when i exit it. Twice, I had to stop the process with Task Manager.
Are there really E-cards in each scene? Cause I have seldom found any. Either they are not there or too well hidden.

I'm having the same problem. This happened with the demo and the demo ended up timing out because I didn't catch what was happening and didn't think to use Task Manager to stop the process. I've never had this happen with a BFG game before. Otherwise, game is working fine and am enjoying it.

Go to: