beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate

[Post New]by beckx020 on Aug 6, 10 7:35 AM
Was probably a good game. I had to delete it because it was TOO TINY!

When will developers learn to NOT lock a game into that tiny mode on a wide screen pc????

Thumbs down on this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 6, 10 7:59 AM
beckx020 wrote:Was probably a good game. I had to delete it because it was TOO TINY!

When will developers learn to NOT lock a game into that tiny mode on a wide screen pc????

Thumbs down on this game.

I have Windows XP with a 1440 x 900 monitor, and with the FULL SCREEN option turned on in the game (available under OPTIONS on the Main Menu) it filled my monitor completely. I don't know if it works differently in Windows 7.

Robin

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Aug 6, 10 8:31 AM
I didn't hesitate to buy this game, love Samantha Swift....

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Aug 6, 10 8:33 AM
Was I the only one who played this before? I dled and stuff just like normal, big file!! and come to the end on Game Manger's screen... ... Time expired?!?! How can that be? Was this game out before?
Sob. .. missing playing this game...
huggzz

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Aug 6, 10 8:34 AM
I have windows 7 and have a full screen. Am enjoying the game but need the walkthrough. Those birds are really hard to see (75 year old eyes) .Need to stop playing til walkthrough gets posted. Please hurry with that. Thanks.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Aug 6, 10 8:38 AM
I have all the Samantha Swift Games and loved them.
So this one was a no brainer.
Bought without a demo and it again.
Samantha is older and does not speak, unless it is absolutelly
neccessary. YAY!!!

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Aug 6, 10 8:51 AM
I'm REALLY against the flow with this one. I beta tested this and I didn't like it then and don't like it now. I find it very boring. Sorry and all that!. I also did not like having cleared one list of objects to find - up popped another one and yet more objects to find. Will have to pass on this.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 6, 10 9:06 AM
Samantha Swift is one of my favorite series. When I saw this as the TGT i was happy and excited because I love the series. That elation was soon followed by great disappointment..

This game has the beautiful graphics and great game play of the previous two games. Tiny objects and small print ruined it for me. An occasional small object or two is OK but I had trouble finding most of the objects. Some of them were still a mystery after using a Hint. The List is also almost too small for me to read and I have bifocals. I had to lean into the screen to read the list but even that did not help me find a number of the objects. A game is not fun when you spend most of your time using Hints. Where's the challenge? The only challenge for me was visual.

I so want to buy and play this game but, alas, it is a NO for me

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Aug 6, 10 9:25 AM
I enjoyed the other Samantha Swift games, but to me this game is just ok. There is nothing wrong with it, but it seemed a bit tedious and not so much fun as the others. I think I will wait til next year some time and get it when it comes out as a daily deal.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Aug 6, 10 10:12 AM
If you like to search and search and search...for hidden objects, then this game is for you ! But if you look for great puzzles, don't buy it...
I'm happy for the hog fans that the cluebutton works also without finding those signs, since otherwise I still would be in the first screen after 26 minutes of gameplaying...
Sorry, I couldn't play longer...Too boring !!!
Raska

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Aug 6, 10 10:12 AM
I bought all of the other Samantha Swift games, so I expect that I will buy this one too. Only had technical problems with one of them, I don't remember which one, but they were solved by Customer Support. I was pleased to see this one as the new game of the day!

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Aug 6, 10 10:43 AM
I used a credit to get this today. I am enjoying the game however (once again) I have a screen resolution problem and had to resort to going to windows which I do not like at all! I also am having a difficult time finding the two blackbirds in each scene. Can usually find one but not the other. I don't think I've ever seen but one lightning bolt per scene. If there are two, I've not found it.

The graphics are clear and not extremely difficult to find. I like having to use tools to continue on. I seldom turn the music on so cannot comment regarding it.

I sincerely hope the day will come when all the developers provide proper screen resolution for gamers. To play in windows is such an annoyance and waste as well as disappointing.

My computer is less than a year old, has all the bells and whistles so the screen resolution problem sits not with me but with the designer. I've tried changing the resolution to other settings but it's a pain in the you know what to go back and forth, back and forth to try to resolve the issue.

I will give this game 3 stars ...

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Aug 6, 10 11:15 AM
Best game in the Samantha Swift series. The graphics are beautiful and the puzzles are fun. I have a wide screen monitor and had no problems with this game. Often I do have to change my screen resolution for games. Perhaps to those having trouble a simple reboot might help?
Thank you !

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Aug 6, 10 11:33 AM
I saw the name Samantha Swift and it was a definite buy for me. I, too, love the series.

Joy

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Aug 6, 10 12:30 PM
kat1117 wrote:I enjoyed the other Samantha Swift games, but to me this game is just ok. There is nothing wrong with it, but it seemed a bit tedious and not so much fun as the others. I think I will wait til next year some time and get it when it comes out as a daily deal.

Exactly what I was going to say. I played 30 minutes, and 3 scenes, just got tired of trying to find things. I did enjoy the other 3 SS before, not sure why I didn't find this one as much fun.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Aug 6, 10 12:33 PM
I just went back to the game. I am outside the river house. There is a pole that you have to use a ship's wheel on. I had started this game earlier this morning and had the wheel. Now when I went back to the game the wheel is not there.
So, I can't move on. Any ideas on this one? Thanks in advance..

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 6, 10 12:35 PM
There are two Swift Birds and one Lightning Bolt per scene. The walkthrough has the positions of all of them marked if you want help.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/samantha-swift-and-the-fountains-of-fate-walkthrough/

Or, in an interesting feature, you can replay the game again with the same profile name and find the Swifts you missed the first time so you can eventually earn the "found all swifts" trophy. The Key Items are the same, but the Find Lists for the other items are different each time you play, so there's a lot of replay value.

Robin

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 6, 10 12:36 PM
I'm a Samantha fan! I have the other three games and am off to buy this one now. I just enjoy the game play. I like the character, the graphics, the story. Definitely one of my favorite series.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 6, 10 12:42 PM
WOW a GREAT GAME

I LOVE these games and am glad that we have another one to play

Samantha Swift other GAMES are AWESOME
If you have not played them PLEASE DO!....YOU WILL NOT BE Disappointed.

Happy Gaming
PEN

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Aug 6, 10 12:46 PM
PInky,

I'm sure that's very frustrating! I'm so sorry you've run into that.

We try not to put spoilers in the reviews topic, so if you start a separate topic about the River House, I can get more specific there.

In general though, the first thing I'd do is use the arrows on each side of the inventory tray to scroll and make sure you don't have the item already.

If you don't have it, check the Blog Walkthrough to make sure you're looking for the right item. Many objects, like Hammers, appear in multiple scenes--it's possible that the item you saw was from a different location. So it's worth checking.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/samantha-swift-and-the-fountains-of-fate-walkthrough/

If neither of those help, it may be a glitch, in which case the best thing to do is check with Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope iin the right column.

Good luck!
Robin

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 12:48:54 PM PST

Go to: