volnole68
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by volnole68 on Aug 6, 10 2:37 PM
Also getting the access violation error...another game to buy somewhere else. I do wish they would fix this problem.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 6, 10 3:53 PM
I think the problem lies with Mumbo Jumbo. I have another game by Mumbo Jumbo and it did the same thing. Never could figure out what the problem was. I just tried playing the game and got that same message.

Nicmus Contact Customer Service and tell them your problem. If it can't be fixed they give you a coupon code to get another game.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Aug 6, 10 10:05 PM
I didn't get any 'access violation' message. I just totally froze my computer and I had to shut down and unplug everything.

My computer is only two months old so will not by wasting any money on this.

I have simply made the decision now that if there is a report of an error or I get one I won't buy and maybe if we all did that then the makers of these games would take the time to get it right rather than have all these errors, on almost every game lately.

mclauk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mclauk on Aug 7, 10 12:40 AM
nykelli1843 wrote:Was fine until I purchased it--now my screen is small and won't resize. I changed game to full screen and changed my comp properties--no go.

Tried two other games and they are full screen.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

This is my problem too. And it happens with too many games. I bought myself a new laptop with widescreen so that I could enjoy my games better. HAH! What a joke. I have to adjust pixels all the time and it is very annoying that you don't know if it will open big small or medium until you get into the game.
BOO!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Aug 7, 10 3:41 AM
This game is a being a pain...I finally got full screen, quit. Came back to it later and small screen again.

I reset this game about 7 times last night. So annoying. It's the only SS game I've liked but at this stage I'm losing patience.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Aug 7, 10 4:24 AM
glad to know it's not just me. i 've had this issue alot lately!!!!! i love bf, but grrrrrr!!!!!!

[Post New]by SpunkyNekoKitty on Aug 7, 10 8:01 AM
I have been having the same problem as everyone else I only have the demo but it isn't allowing me to even play. As soon as I click the play demo button it keeps saying that there is an error

starkops
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by starkops on Aug 7, 10 8:30 AM
it doesn't work. Super disappointed

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Aug 7, 10 1:30 PM
the game works fine for about 20 mins then it goes on super "go slow", i have to turn the game off, wait a while then turn it back on, then after about 20 mins of game play.....etc, etc.
love theresa

[Post New]by NurseRoxie on Aug 7, 10 3:41 PM
I purchased this game yesterday and never had a problem with it then. But started playing it this pm and it locked up on me. It won't even let me get into the game to start playing again this pm. I've uninstalled & reinstalled, but it's still the same thing. I've never had a problem with these games before. Please help...

Kya27
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kya27 on Aug 7, 10 4:29 PM
New problem-

If i skip the puzzle where you have to rotate the colored blocks and put in the cross...my cross disappears and I can't go back Anyone else?

[Post New]by spunkysable on Aug 7, 10 4:45 PM
Hi - I skipped the block puzzle and do not have the cross to put in the middle. I can't seem to go back or forward. What can I do to fix this?

[Post New]by k1rhea on Aug 7, 10 5:36 PM
The only issue I have with this game is the extremely small screen. I have a wide laptop screen which I specifically purchased to be able to see my games better. Hah...joke is on me. I love my laptop and when the game fits, it is awesome. Can only play this game for a few moments before the eye strain kicks in.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 7, 10 5:41 PM
Tried to quit game. clicked on Menu under the scanner pad thing came onto screen and I clicked on main menu, but screen froze.

Waited a few minutes. Nothing happened so I switched my computer off.

Am going to try and play game again.

MSQ62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MSQ62 on Aug 7, 10 5:58 PM
Access violation at the Labyrinth scene. It freezes the computer and have to shut everything down. Will not let the game continue. I hope for a fix soon as I really like the Sam Swift games. Thank you.

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Aug 7, 10 6:54 PM
I'm not getting access violation, just super slow draggy game play. This has never happened with the samantha swift games before. They aren't very graphically challenging so it should't happen.

Seems to be a problem lately with bugs and slow game play. Won't buy until game update comes out hopefully soon.

Poco

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 7, 10 7:11 PM
Helmaron wrote:Tried to quit game. clicked on Menu under the scanner pad thing came onto screen and I clicked on main menu, but screen froze.

Waited a few minutes. Nothing happened so I switched my computer off.

Am going to try and play game again.

Continued game fine until I was about to go into the Labyrinth.

SPOILER ALERT!

I put the crystal ball into the slot in the clowns mouth but the game froze again. Pressed Control+Escape to get back to desk top and there was a window which read as follows.

Panic error in file ".\Platform\Win32\Win32Texture.cpp". line178: failed to create texture not enough memory

I think this notice is the same one which appeared earlier when the game first froze. Last time I managed to start it again from the point I'd finished and hopefully will do so again. Maybe I'm just in too much of a hurry and am trying to get to the next section and am clicking before it's ready.
Will try again and hopefully will be able to complete the game.

EDIT

Managed to get back into game and completed it. Quit easily but when I got back to the games master there was am error message which read:

Error: Access violation at 0x7C90E5AA (tried to write 0x00030FB0) Program terminated

As I had finished the game I just took a note to ask see if this was the error notice which others had recieved.

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 7:59:15 PM PST

AFlowers
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by AFlowers on Aug 7, 10 7:24 PM
Fig Puzzle:

On the fig puzzle, I got all 18 figs. When I go to the puzzle, it only shows 15 figs. When I start working the puzzle, it says that I do not have enough figs. If I pick up a fig, the game may throw it away and decrease the count.

I would skip the puzzle, but there does not appear to be any way to skip it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[Post New]by browneyedangel70 on Aug 7, 10 9:02 PM
Woofie53 wrote:I think the problem lies with Mumbo Jumbo. I have another game by Mumbo Jumbo and it did the same thing. Never could figure out what the problem was. I just tried playing the game and got that same message.

Nicmus Contact Customer Service and tell them your problem. If it can't be fixed they give you a coupon code to get another game.

I agree with you about the Mumbo Jumbo thing. I ALWAYS have trouble with their games, and my system is completely updated, I don't have any viruses or any of that other stuff, and my system meets the requirements, yet I can't even get into the game. It's a shame, too, because I really like the Samantha Swift games, but if I can't play it in demo (and I ALWAYS check games in demo first in case I have a problem), then why bother buying it, right?

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Aug 8, 10 10:30 AM
Has BF figured this out? I have uninstalled and installed three times and still get the error message.

Go to: