carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Great Pharaoh

[Post New]by carolinacat on Aug 10, 10 4:14 AM
The demo looked very boring and after reading the reviews and comments - it's not even worth downloading for me (and I love match-3 games).

SHEAR_JOY
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by SHEAR_JOY on Aug 10, 10 11:27 AM
Thank you all! I thought there was something wrong with me I just couldn't get the drift of it. Sorry on this one... And 'PuppyDogMom1' You crack me up with your comment and 'gimmegames' answer. I needed that.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 10, 10 11:31 AM
This game is okay, but nothing special. Bigfish has many better match 3 games. No buy for me

[Post New]by Arcuate on Aug 10, 10 1:20 PM
Don't know about anyone else, but the cursor response could not be relied on. For me, on some screens right click is valid on others the left click. Was not consistent. Also the cursor response was sluggish. I also agree with the other comments.....very booring game. Glad I only tried the demo....will certainly NOT purchase this one.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Yxour Comments and Reviews for The Great Pharaoh

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Aug 10, 10 3:54 PM
OOOOOh Deeeeeeeear! Played for about 20 minutes of the trial, thinking that the game just had to get better, but it was just the same old, same old. How disappointing. I was just in the mood for a lovely mindless match3 but The Great Pharaoh was only a great big bore for me (and I usually love this type of game).
Never mind, better luck next game eh?
I love reading everyone's comments, they are usually so varied but not with this game. Think there is a general agreement that it's not a hit.
Love to all, Pat_ric_ia x

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 10, 10 4:34 PM
Is this an older game? It seems like it is an older game that has been brought out again. What leads me to say this is the graphics (very 90's), the sluggish cursor, the lack of any power-ups or interesting effects, the way the help screen is written, and the size of the game. I'm all for smaller download sizes, but there are lots available that are 10 times as good as this game.
Stopped the demo about 15 minutes into it, then it changed my display and locked up my computer. Had to cold reboot (means I had to use the on/off switch to turn it off)!! Ugh!!!
I won't buy it and neither should you. Can't we have something like Heroes of Hellas again?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 11, 10 12:49 PM
I read the reviews while downloading (ok not all of them!) and decided to go ahead and try it. Well I guess I was lucky cuz the game wouldn't even come up! It would pop up on the screeen then immediately downsize into my tool bar. LOL Guess it was worth the miss am uninstalling now!

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Aug 14, 10 2:59 PM
The cursor is a little hard to manage but it is fun. matching three is little doing but besides all that it is just a game. Can't be taken too serious or it won't be fun.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 14, 10 8:19 PM
such a loss of a game!

the goals are somewhat pointed out and different values are given to the different symbols you need to swap to earn enough gold to complete the next leg of your construction... unfortunately, there is no real visible meter to show how close you are to the goal - and when you are done, the cursor simply freezes until the screen empties and you 're finally told - it's over! you won! and while you're swapping... ugh, you just have to sit and wait for the swap and any 'combos' to run through before you can do anything... in most of the newer match-3's, you can swap even while the board is moving... with the sluggish, no-option cursor, this just makes the game seem to drag on...

the symbols and the mummies are derivative and oh-so-last decade... combine the less than pleasing graphics with music i wouldn't subject any mummy to and you've got yourself a recipe for disaster - or the great pharoah!

i may have only played through the first three construction sites, but i seriously have no hopes for this game going anywhere...

save your pennies and grab paradise quest - much better value, much better graphics, much better music, and you play to restore a natural habitat and return endangered species to their homes...

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Aug 22, 10 7:46 PM
This game is more suited to a free online game then a paid for download...In my opinion.

I was drifting mentally and my eyes even closed for some sleep a few times.

Never using the music within games as it is too distracting I could not say anything about the music on this game, but the sound effects where nothing special.

A very simple game that never seems to get any harder.

Not one I will be bothering with.

When will a good match three come out!

Taynicjam
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Taynicjam on Aug 30, 10 5:04 AM
The best thing about this game was 'PuppyDogMom1' s comment and 'gimmegames' answer.

Apart from that, playing the demo was unbelievably boring. The mummies stealing my gold was annoying and how to avoid the tiles from being frozen was beyond me. As others have said, not being able to anticipate how the tiles are going to fall and which ones will be frozen was frustrating. Sorry guys, it's a no from me too. I am also hanging out for a decent M3 game.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Jan 18, 12 12:09 PM
Too add to the adventure, you are told your score and what you have accomplished about 5 times between each board! If you have to prove you are not limited to one design, why not prove it in the boards.

The game board was very limited -- I think that is one reason people found it so boring. The story could have been interesting, but you gell asleep on the M3 boards.

I don't usually like to criticize a game, if for no other reason than not to drive a potential gamer away. But this and The Flying Dutchman are apt to do that on their own. This isn't a case of "the game is too easy," which might make it perfect for a beginner. This is a case of "the game is too boring," which will drive the beginner away faster than an expert!

[Post New]by eupawel on Nov 18, 12 12:56 AM
I play about 10 minuts on this game. Its ok. Gameplay like eg. 7 wonders - we bulid city when finish mini gems game.
http://game.giveawayoftheday.com/the-great-pharaoh-3/#comments

Go to: