TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Dash 4-Ever

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Aug 10, 10 4:52 PM
I have to agree with everyone on this post. This is my least favorite of the WD game.I did not like the HOG part of the game (if I wanted to play a HOG, I would buy that). The story line here is, well there is none. The mini games are boring.

I LOVE TM games. And when I saw a new WD I was so excited. But this was a let down.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 10, 10 4:53 PM
Finally got to play .... I knew I would not be disappointed - LOVE the new game . I think the new ideas they came up with for this are great - the dealing with the tray servings, the conga line, the ceremony seating (I am really enjoying this), the bride & groom mingling, the new catastrophes, I love the new characters - while I love the older games, I want them each to be somewhat different but still enough the same without losing the gameplay or overall feel for the game. This was perfect! There is a slight learning curve with getting used to the tray servings but I like that it's a new challenge to conquer. I would imagine the game gets quite daunting at higher levels with all that you have to manage (more things than before).

When I read many of these reviews, I want to start calling this BMW club (blank, moan & whine). Geez, people, do we have to complain about every little thing on every game that comes out? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I can appreciate that - what irks me is not saying what you don't like but those who have nothing positive to say at all (not just this game, but this is a growing trend around here - day after day I see this with so many new games that come out). Flo was never the full time waitress in all the previous WD games, and she certainly wasn't enamored of hamburgers. This is WD, not DD. The planning thing was fun but we did that through 3 games, now we're trying something new. I'm really enjoying myself - kudos to the developers on a job well done!

angelfishsb wrote:Where are the HOGs. I am going through withdrawals. Why can't you offer more than 1 new game a day. I don't like Match 3 or Time Management. Please bring on the HOG.

Don't you think this is just a little bit rude? If I went into HOG game forums and started griping why is this not a TM or strategy or puzzle or whatever game, I would be ripped to shreds by the other fishies in the pond. If this game isn't your cup of tea, then why not just wait till tomorrow or look for something else that you DO like?

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Aug 10, 10 5:37 PM
If you liked Wedding Dashes 1, 2 and 3, then you'll love Wedding Dash 4-Ever. Simply stated, it's just more of the same. Ad nauseum. Can't developers come up with something new? Creativity has gone out the window at PlayFirst.

[Post New]by shaune40 on Aug 10, 10 5:46 PM
I enjoyed the hour free trial, but my mouse was very delayed...upset me so bad could not wait for the free trial to end...if the mouse would not delay I probably would have bought the game....anyone else having this problem???

nat_pink25
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,920 Posts

[Post New]by nat_pink25 on Aug 10, 10 6:26 PM
I played 10 mins. And bought it immediately.. so that means I LOVED IT!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Aug 10, 10 8:07 PM
I actually liked this one! I haven't cared for previous Wedding Dash games very much because they felt so, so rushed. I feel like I can take a little more time with this one. Collecting the objects scattered around the wedding isn't that great, but I do like opening the presents that you get for collecting all of the items. I'm not having a problem with remembering which dish is which. Each dish is color-coded, and I serve the guests in batches to make it easier. You can buy upgrades, which helps to be able to serve more people at once. I also like the extra non-wedding-party levels!

cakem2dinerd2
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cakem2dinerd2 on Aug 11, 10 5:14 AM
what to say?

I'm totally
I have 39 s
Can't wait to get them all

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 11, 10 5:38 AM
I'm a fan of WD games and simply put here...I loved this one. Liked that you had to place the guests in their proper seats before the bride and groom walked down the aisle and loved when they had too kiss...!!!!

[Post New]by dimplz1 on Aug 11, 10 8:10 AM
I played this and thought it was very fun.

Some good points for me were being able to carry up to 6 of each item at a time so I could carry 6 appetizers in one hand and 6 entrees in the other.

You can pick up gifts from the table (with Quinn) and serve the guests their appetizer (with Flo) at the same time.

Difficulty options. I love TM games but I'm not that good at the Dash series because they get way too frantic for me. I like playing on the easier mode so I can better handle the calamities of the reception. Some complain that it's too easy but for me, I wouldn't be able to play the game in the mid levels without it.

The Mini games are pretty fun and kinda break up the levels a bit. They are also skippable.

You can buy multiple upgrades between levels (at least on Normal mode you can) and that makes playing much easier. So if I have the coins, I can upgrade Flo's speed and the chef's speed at the same time, for example, instead of doing just one.

What I didn't like:

The HOG aspect before each reception. I didn't care for choosing the right items based on the couple's preference in the previous games but I like this HOG stuff even less! Like others have said, if I want HOG, there are hundreds to choose from on this site alone...

Overall, I think this is fun game! I would give it

dlkelly01
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dlkelly01 on Aug 11, 10 8:37 AM
This whole seris is boring. Didnt like this one either

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Aug 11, 10 8:59 AM
Ok so I have played to demo through now & am liking it a bit better as it does eventually get more challenging. I can't help feeling though, that the developers were trying to appeal to the HOG players & those that don't play much TM at the expense of the players who really like a good challenging fast-thinking TM. I think JumpingGen & Gloomy Sunday gave excellent reviews

I think the main turnoff for me was the loss of the original cute & quirky characters
None of the new characters seems to have any real personality.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 11, 10 10:51 AM
I was fortunate enough to beta test this game and couldn't wait for it to come out. My daughter and I love all the Flo games and this one is no different from the rest. In this game, Flo is joined by Quinn, the wedding planner, and the people served are the wedding guests. Otherwise, it is the same basic Flo game.

The game graphics are cute and the music is fitting. The game does start out slow, but becomes much more difficult as it progresses and I'm not a stranger to fast-paced TM games having become addicted to getting all gold stars in Burger Shop 2 in the chalIenging levels. I enjoyed the minigames and thought it added a nice breather between levels. Overall a very nice game that I thought was well worth the $6.99 price, especially if you love time management games.

[Post New]by hlcteacher on Aug 11, 10 10:58 AM
i loved playing in the beta test, but after i downloaded and installed to me netbook, i cannot get to the bottom of the screen, so i cannot play the game...HELP!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Aug 11, 10 6:06 PM
Don't like it at all. it is virtually impossible to get past Level 37. The play is slow and you took away the choices for the budget..replacing it with a conga line???

[Post New]by littledipper on Aug 12, 10 4:11 AM
Saturn1985, maybe you like hogs (alot), I like them too. But I also enjoy TM games. Would appreciate if you would quit the bashing and sarcasm. Hey, maybe you should make a HOG.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Aug 12, 10 6:36 AM
I have to revise my previous review a bit. I've played through the first 30 levels by now and I like the game better than I did after the trial.

First, some of the characters from previous Wedding Dash versions do show up eventually, so I take my "complaint" on this back.

Second, my fears about it being too easy now were not confirmed. I play the expert level (don't remember what it's called) and so far it was not too difficult, but I definitely was kept buy. Some new tasks are added, such as guests wanting to be photographed with the wedding couple and that takes more clicks and drags than the photograph task in the previous version. I like this new version better, as I like that the wedding couple is more involved.

Disco lights show up later (sometime during the third location) and they pacify guests a bit. I think they show up too late, especially as the champagne bottles and "flirting tables" from the previous version are not there anymore. I also miss this lovely option where you could make guests happy by toasting the wedding couple. That was cute and I don't know why they took it out. Generelly, they have taken out several things that were really nice and I hope those thing will be back in the next version.

The tray option when serving meals is fabulous! Serves so much time, is easy to use and helps a lot with Uncle Norbert. That one I definitely like, although it took some getting used to it.

Generally, more fun than I thought, except for the Hidden Object part. That adds nothing to the game play and it just a little annoying thing to get out of the way at the beginning of each level.

But I'm enjoying myself playing the game and in spite of its faults, it still well worth its money.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Aug 12, 10 6:42 AM
Lisa522 wrote: The planning thing was fun but we did that through 3 games, now we're trying something new.

While I agree with you on it not being helpful if people constantly hate everything about a game (though I haven't noticed that trend myself), I don't quite see what's so bad about pointing out things that people don't like, if in all they write a balanced and fair review.

I can imagine that a good game developer would like to know what customers like and don't like rather than people just not buying the game. And the planning thing is obviously missed by many. I think it added a little extra to the game and I'm not alone with that. So, yes, we did that through 3 games, but it was different in each version, and it got better with each version. Putting new things is good, but taking things out that many people consider an especially fun part of the game is not good and I hope that if enough people mention that, the developers will listen. If one customer doesn't like something - well, then that's not that big an issue. If, let's say, 50 % of your customer give you the same feedback on something they don't like, that's worth listening to. And I thought that's what the comments and review sections of the forum were for - to give feedback. Which includes listing things one doesn't like.

[Post New]by beanmama on Aug 12, 10 11:11 AM
I bought the game with a credit because I've enjoyed the other WD games on my Mac -- I can't even run this. It won't launch at all. I thought it was b/c I don't have an Intel-based Mac, but the game page on BFG doesn't say that it requires an Intel processor.

I am bitterly disappointed.

[Post New]by poetry22 on Aug 12, 10 1:51 PM
This game was very interesting. I agree with the other comments about having to find hidden objects. Some of the objects weren't even visible. I play the entire game to get to Quinn's big day and it had nothing to offer. I thought that there should have been a reception and a conga line for her. I think I wasted my money by buying this game.

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Aug 12, 10 2:01 PM
I LOVE this game! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for finally offering another time management! I'm already looking forward to WD 5 and I haven't even finished this one! WOOT.

Go to: