crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

Re:Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 12, 10 7:47 AM
I have had it with the Big Fish. If they can't fix the billing problem when you add a new payment method then I am going to msn.com( which is by far better on getting quicker responses when it comes to their web site) to play their games and they are awesome.

I like to try the trial mode before I purchase a game to see if it will play in Windows 7. Now I can't play any of the games.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 10:07:40 AM PST

Re:Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Aug 12, 10 8:30 AM
The mouse puzzle keeps freezing on me if I try it more than once.

marlsmate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by marlsmate on Aug 12, 10 8:32 AM
Same here. Installed demo but it won't play!

swtndsr2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by swtndsr2 on Aug 12, 10 8:32 AM
Having the same problem....download to game manager and then hit play now and nothing happen....tried to download again and same thing.....nothing!!! Hope they can fix it...would love to try game!! I also have XP computer....never happen before.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 9:09:44 AM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Aug 12, 10 8:51 AM
I think I will hold back on buying this for a while. I played the demo for a time but then got stuck. Exited the game and finally got an answer in the forums as to what to do next (Thanks to Bella ). When I returned to the demo I got a "corrupt user" message and so had to start all over again . I don't want to buy this if this happens every time.... for a fix or something.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 8:52:39 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 12, 10 9:13 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thank you for posting in the Forums and letting us know about the installation issue. We are looking into it at the moment and really do appreciate your patience during this time.

It may help use the web browser Internet Explorer to install the game, but if you're still unable to play the game, it would be extremely helpful if you could write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report.

This is a report that gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. It will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. This report will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article.

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thanks everyone.

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 12:46:16 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 12, 10 9:35 AM
marlsmate wrote:Same here. Installed demo but it won't play!

Having the same problem as well. Have never had this happen before. I'm on Win7.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Aug 12, 10 9:45 AM
I tried to download now with Internet-Explorer - no change. I will write to the support now.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Aug 12, 10 9:52 AM
I just tried to attach the DrFelix file to send to CS as the mod suggested and got an error that the file is too big. How frustrating is that?!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Aug 12, 10 10:12 AM
emmyjayne wrote:

Having the same problem as well. Have never had this happen before. I'm on Win7.

I too also have Windows 7. Problem is that some of their games are not compatible with Windows 7. They want us to this and that with our PC's but ask yourself this: Are they willing to replace your PC if what they have you do messes it up. And everyne that is having the same problem do not have the same OS.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Aug 12, 10 10:20 AM
Once again the game won't launch after downloading. This is getting frustrating. It is happening too often.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 10:21:50 AM PST

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 12, 10 11:18 AM
Mine froze in Chapter 2. I will try later but if it happened to someone else please post your solution. Thanks.
Bessie Mae

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Aug 12, 10 11:27 AM
I upgraded to Windows 7 and MANY of my games no longer play. Maybe I should have stopped complaining about Vista.
Going to follow Dr. Felix's advice above about downloading and sending the attachment. It worked before and I am sure it will again.
Bessie Mae

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Aug 12, 10 11:40 AM
I played the hour demo just fine, no issues. Bought the game, played for about another 1/2 hour and still had no problems playing. Closed the game out and checked a few forums.. Came back to the game, got to the options/play/exit screen, when I click on the play button, it freezes. THis happened twice. Windows xp system.

sylvia99
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sylvia99 on Aug 12, 10 11:45 AM
crazy8club wrote:
emmyjayne wrote:

I too also have Windows 7. Problem is that some of their games are not compatible with Windows 7. They want us to this and that with our PC's but ask yourself this: Are they willing to replace your PC if what they have you do messes it up. And everyne that is having the same problem do not have the same OS.

I work with XP Professional, Windows 7 cannot be the reason.

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Aug 12, 10 11:50 AM
30 minutes into the demo, the game stopped, and a pop up window said there was a error, and was going to terminate the game. I have not tried it again, but will try again and see what happens. I like this game so far, but will not buy, if I can't solve this problem.

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Aug 12, 10 11:59 AM
unicornone wrote:I can't get the demo to open either... tried reinstalling but makes no difference. Running XP.

Same here.

Sajhi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Sajhi on Aug 12, 10 12:16 PM
I keep getting a Flash Drive Error when i click "PLAY". However i have uninstalled and reinstalled my flash player twice now and the game still gives me the same error saying that my computers flash players version is too low and to update. However my Adobe flash player is running on Version 10,1,82,76 which is the current version. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Aug 12, 10 12:22 PM
When I went back in, it opened and I continued playing.
For those of you having other problems, it would seem that the creators of these games would know that most people either have XP, Vista or Windows 7, and therefore would create the game to be compatable with at least these three. I have Windows 7, and this was the very first time I have ever had a pop up saying there was an error, and the game was being terminated. But, like I said, I backed out, came back in, and for right now, it's running OK.

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Aug 12, 10 12:55 PM
I can't leave the city. I have the crowbar, use it on, around, under the blanket, any place I can think of but it still does nothing. I can go no farther. I have purchased this game and hope that this is a glitch that will be fixed soon. Anybody else having this same problem??

Go to: