lax1822
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by lax1822 on Aug 13, 10 7:30 AM
Same problem after purchasing - I've uninstalled and am reinstalling - hope they fix this soon. Will post if it works this time.

Still not working - oh well - we're at the mercy of the tech team.

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 7:49:56 AM PST

nikoko
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by nikoko on Aug 13, 10 7:42 AM
I am not sure if I am being really stupid or whether there is a problem with the game. I did the CE demo and decided to wiat for the regular game. Yee haa today was the day. I had deleted the CE so downloaded the game again. The demo let me continue where I had left off. I went inot the factory and the lights were off ... even though I had turned them on at the end of the CE ...

Anyway here I am in the factory room, unable to turn the lights back on, can't get into the backroom cos I am told it is too dark .... i have wandered around aimlessly trying all sorts of things ... but I can get no further.

Is this a game oopsie or me being stupid (or possibly both)?

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Aug 13, 10 7:57 AM
For the first time ever, I got the blue screen with this game. I exited the game during demo and when I started to play again, I got the blue screen. I'm gonna wait for a fix!!

[Post New]by nnrobertson on Aug 13, 10 8:01 AM
Hey everyone--I did the trial of the CE and then waited for the regular edition and bought it today. Once I installed it, I went into the factory and had the exact same problem that everyone else is having in the factory. Screen is blank but menu, inventory and book are all accessible. Any replies or info on a fix? Such a shame since I just bought it!!!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 13, 10 8:24 AM
I had the same issues when i downloaded the trial, so I took a chance and bought (which I wanted to do) the game and it still did not work. Then I deleted my profile and started a new one and the game worked without anyproblems and I just finished the game.

So my take on this is the trial is really messed up and the bought version is conflicting with the CE trial from before.

Anyway, I hope this helps some of you because this is a great game.

S_Sorcha
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by S_Sorcha on Aug 13, 10 9:14 AM
chicka31 wrote:I can not get light in the factory. just a dark screen also.

I'm having the same problem as chicka31. I can't turn on the lights in the factory. I demoed the CE and as soon as I saw this was tomorrow's game, I bought it without even demoing it again...just paid, downloaded & started playing...until grrr the factory lights!! Have already the uninstalled CE and am right now reinstalling regular version. Hope this fixes the problem, because it's too hot to go outside! Swim happy fishies ~ ~

Slán

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Aug 13, 10 9:32 AM
OH darn....DL and the screen froze . I too tried to un-install and then re-install the game. I'm soooo disappointed , wanted to purchase this one but can't until BF fixes problem...please hurry.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 13, 10 9:42 AM
Hey Fishies,

Creating a new player profile should fix the issue with the dark factory. This does mean that you'll have to start from the beginning and we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you continue to have issues, please feel free to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Aug 13, 10 9:48 AM
pixielily wrote:I had the same issues when i downloaded the trial, so I took a chance and bought (which I wanted to do) the game and it still did not work. Then I deleted my profile and started a new one and the game worked without anyproblems and I just finished the game.

So my take on this is the trial is really messed up and the bought version is conflicting with the CE trial from before.

I had the same problem as everyone else. I'm going to try the new profile, too. Thanks for letting us know that a new profile works!

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Aug 13, 10 10:22 AM
This is the second game this week that I have had tech issues. What is going on BF? I won't buy until I see a solution,

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Aug 13, 10 10:31 AM
Well here we are again!!!! The CE wouldn't work for me now the SE version won't either, Both have the same issue, The game loads, intro comes on and the cursor will not work regardless of the type of cursor I use. Either the custom cursor or my pc cursor. Either or.....it just sits there and NOTHING!!! Too bad I have been waiting along time for this version to come out and it won't work either, Funny how the tech issue forum has many more responses than the review forum does. Means something I suppose......

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 13, 10 11:11 AM
Yes, creating a character does the trick. I tried playing as the character "Guest" that was already there, and nothing would work -- black screen. When I exited the game (by cntl-alt-del) and restarted it I put in my own new character and it works like a dream.

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 11:11:29 AM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 13, 10 11:24 AM
lexi4 wrote:This is the second game this week that I have had tech issues. What is going on BF?

I am wondering the same thing

I loved the CE version so I bought this one without downloading the demo first. I can't get it to download. When I use the link on my purchase page or the link I received by email, I get a NSIS error which tells me there is a virus or it is a bad link. I just went back to download the demo of this version and it downloads fine so the problem must be with the link I received from BF.

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Aug 13, 10 11:27 AM
I'm really bothered by the recent number of games that don't work right after the demo is played and the purchase is made. I get my free coupons when I ask for a fix and there isn't one, which in itself is amazing of BF compared to the run around I used to get from other sites 'help' .... used to get because this is the only place I come now. However, free codes are nice, but I really want the game I trialed and purchased. Is there any way these games can be screened better? Are any of them screened or are the reviews just something that comes with the game?

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 11:29:46 AM PST

[Post New]by nnrobertson on Aug 13, 10 11:57 AM
pixielily wrote:I had the same issues when i downloaded the trial, so I took a chance and bought (which I wanted to do) the game and it still did not work. Then I deleted my profile and started a new one and the game worked without anyproblems and I just finished the game.

thanks pixielily...had to delete my profile and start the game over but it did work.

[Post New]by antannie on Aug 13, 10 12:03 PM
Also too dark

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Aug 13, 10 12:42 PM
Marciepie wrote:I'm really bothered by the recent number of games that don't work right after the demo is played and the purchase is made. I get my free coupons when I ask for a fix and there isn't one, which in itself is amazing of BF compared to the run around I used to get from other sites 'help' .... used to get because this is the only place I come now. However, free codes are nice, but I really want the game I trialed and purchased. Is there any way these games can be screened better? Are any of them screened or are the reviews just something that comes with the game?

I agree wholeheartedly. I was interested in buying 3 games recently. After reading the technical issues threads for each game, I did not buy any of them.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Aug 13, 10 2:02 PM
Same problem for me.

I uninstalled the CE trial version and then bought the regular edition and when I started the game all I got was a black screen and the buttons for the menu and hint.

I had to re boot my computer as it would not let me close the game.

I have un installed and am re installing it now, hopefully I won't have to start over with a new user because it saved my progress from when I trialed the CE edition.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Aug 13, 10 2:10 PM
Guess I will have to start over with a 'new' user name 'sigh'

Getting kind of tired of this happening. I know we can get a game credit for another game but I don't want another game, I have waited for this version to come out ever since the CE was announced.

I would like to know why there are so many glitches and bugs in the games as this has happened to me many times now.

I love BFG but am getting frustrated with these type of occurences.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 13, 10 3:27 PM
I started a thread asking why

BFG has NOT fixed CE game and the Reg. has the same problems.

The CS tech who looked over my computer SAYS EVERYTHING "IS" up to date.

And IT WAS the GAME!!

NOT my Direct X...or graphic card......or my screen......or Drivers Up dates

Go to: