Re:New version now available for Plants vs. Zombies! August 13, 2010.

[Post New]by cray131 on Jun 16, 11 10:12 AM
michal jackson was fun!!!!!!

[Post New]by dookey1285 on Sep 12, 11 11:14 AM
got it! love zen garden yay

Hoops3546
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Hoops3546 on Apr 11, 12 4:47 PM
The new version really sucks. I wish could un-update the game. ( yes I know un-update is not a word)

[Post New]by SpaceCadet008 on Nov 3, 12 10:27 PM
I bought the game for my 3 year old son now 4. Before I paid no mind when he played the game and I was able to work out from my home office. Yet that was shortlived as the game mode increase its difficulty, my son soon asked me to try the game. With a firm NO, I suddenfly found myself participating and actually enjoying the game as a die hard fan it brought me and my son together. Go figure.

However, I don't want to be a spoilsport I do have one major issue with the controls and am wondering if they could be child-proof. I often wondered why I'm always having to pass the same stages shouldn't he be at a later stage. For awhile I thought something was wrong with my son's development. But I found that when he gets frustrated not being able to pass certain levels, he has managed to figure out that he can easily go to options and worse he deletes our progress and daily starts from scratch.

And, although this is an activity we could share the experience together I've realized the big kid in myself can stand idle to watch his kid perform the same action over and over again allowing minute after minute pass without reaching for emotional distress having to sit there poker-face as my son goes thru his impressionable stage. It's fun for the child, don't get me wrong, this is the age where he remembers who his hero was and going to be. Maybe I'm trying too hard to be good father in the latter stage of life.

Could someone please help me before I do something deliberate and shatter my image on my son's life as my father had once did to me and either give me a suggestion, comment or does this game actually have parental controls...I'm dying here.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 4, 12 7:04 PM
I don't think there are any parental controls, however what you can do is find where the user DAT files are kept for the game, and after you finish a play session yourself, copy them. Then if he deletes the profile and starts over, you can restore from your saved copy. Where they are kept varies depending on the operating system. On Windows 7, mine are found in this hidden directory: C:\ProgramData\Big Fish Games\PlantsVsZombies\userdata.

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

New Version, Why Wasn't it Made Another Game?

[Post New]by Freka on Oct 20, 13 3:26 PM
I definitely prefer the original version. This is like New Coke -- it isn't as good. Heck, I liked pulling the bar and sometimes you got some really neat prizes. Fortunately, I have the original version, Classic Plants vs. Zombies, on my PC with no Internet access.

Go to: