Re:Technical Issue

[Post New]by evansmommy on Aug 15, 10 6:39 PM
Amaootta wrote:
AliH827 wrote:I beta tested this a few weeks ago. I purchased it today but it won't let me play. It says I need to take the survey. I click that but it doesn't even take me to a survey. ??? I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Still won't let me play.

I have the same problem, posted it on "A Ghost from the past" because this tech issues wasn't opened yet.

I was e-mailed this fix by another user tbcoe and it works perfectly! Let me know if this works for you

For Vista user (this is what I did)
Right click on the Start button. Click on OPEN. Find the App Data. Find SunRay games andopen the folder. Open the Mystic Diaries: Haunted Island Folder. Look for the name that youput as the user for game..DELETE IT! Close everything and try running the game. When the game starts you will get a message that says something like, existing data has been corrupted and deleted. You can now start playing the game from the begining!! YES!

For Windows 7 users:
I had the same problem by beta testing this game. Here is how I solved the problem. I'm running Windows 7 but it probably will work for Vista etc. I went to Librairies - clicked on - my file - application data - sunray games - mystic Diary: Haunted Island. Then I deleted the names Me and Toni. I left the data.ini there. I then went and tried the game again. It said all the data was deleted or some such wording and then I clicked ok. I still had to go back into Libraires again and delete ME again but then when I clicked to play the game again it was ok. I just didn't use the same name to put into play with. Everything is running fine now. It should work for you also. Please let the other people know how to do this when you get yours fixed.

Re:Post any Mystic Diary: Haunted Island Forum technical issues here only

[Post New]by mgoblue1 on Aug 15, 10 6:59 PM
I have the issue of not being able to play any of the puzzles in the game. Won't let me move any of the items. I tried both mouse button with no luck.

[Post New]by ddolphins73 on Aug 16, 10 10:35 PM
no but it was pain ran slow i went around in circles.
in 30min
i would not buy this at all

[Post New]by scorpio321 on Aug 17, 10 3:04 AM
Playing in reduced or full screen, still cant get the milk??

[Post New]by Danaries on Aug 17, 10 6:30 AM
I also Beta tested this and had the same issue, it wanted me to take the survey. I found the fix under Evansmommy's post. It works. I had a little trouble finding the game in my library but this is what I did.
I am using Windows 7
Go to Libraries - my file (this is what I couldn't find, so I typed the game title in the search) I found the file that said SunRayGames and clicked on that and then deleted the file with my name on it. I also left the one that said data. I then reopened the game and it said the user file was corrupt but cleaned, I clicked OK and low and behold the game worked. I am not sure who figured this out but Thank You!!

Edited on 08/17/2010 at 6:31:36 AM PST

Bevcat07
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bevcat07 on Aug 18, 10 4:32 AM
scorpio321 wrote:Playing in reduced or full screen, still cant get the milk??

Post any Mystic Diary: Haunted Island Forum technical issues here only

[Post New]by hotwings2 on Aug 18, 10 10:25 AM
BereniceP wrote:Has anyone had any trouble with this game? I downloaded the demo and clicked on play and just got a black screen. Totally wouldn't play at all. Have uninstalled and am trying again but I don't very often have any trouble.
[b]Hello. I didn't click the half moon now I can't get it does anyone know how to get it ? Hotwings2
Any Ideas?

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Aug 18, 10 3:38 PM
mgoblue1 wrote:I have the issue of not being able to play any of the puzzles in the game. Won't let me move any of the items. I tried both mouse button with no luck.

I'm having the same problem. I got to the coin puzzle during the demo, and can't move the coins. Click and drag does nothing, double-click does nothing, and I checked with both mouse buttons.

Possibly related -- I tried adjusting the volume in the Options menu, and it's the same story. I can turn off custom cursor, didn't try taking it out of fullscreen, but the volume sliders don't budge.

(Vista Home Premium, if it matters.)

[Post New]by Sevrienne on Aug 18, 10 10:29 PM
Downloaded the free hour of this game today, played a half hour. Tried to play again, was told there was an unpacking error and to notify the author. I don't think I'll buy a game I can't play in the preview, even though it looked fun for the half hour I did play.

[Post New]by Short_Starfish on Aug 19, 10 1:23 AM
Same issue as a few other - cannot play the mini-games, can only wait until skip is available to move forward. Could have been a buy but for that. Has anyone got a solution for this issue?

hgfr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by hgfr on Aug 20, 10 3:57 PM
I bought the game and got to the island and my game crashed and now when I get back into it, it won't play. I can open the diary and everything but it won't let me advance. I uninstalled it and re-installed it but it still won't do anything. After reading everyone elses posts I guess I shouldn't have bought it. All my drivers and video cards etc. are all updated so it has to be the game. I pretty bummed.

Re:Stuck!!!

[Post New]by marilyns1st on Aug 20, 10 7:00 PM
I am stuck! I'm on the island in the jungle and the inventory will not let me out. What do you do if nothing works? How do I get back to the home?

[Post New]by jbockemeyer on Aug 21, 10 4:52 AM
help!! I am stuck on the screen with the stone statue with four faces, I have completed other tasks, but when I open the game it comes here and I cannot go forward or backward to other locations. I can pull up the diary, the tasks, the inventory, I just cannot get out of this scene. This is totally stupid. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and the same thing happened. What is up!!!

[Post New]by JustJackie on Aug 22, 10 2:26 PM
I have bought the game, played the full demo, and now I am on the Island. You will have to go back to the house after the Island to get the frog out of the jar. But my recent problem is to find the rock with the snake in it I need one more gem and an eye to get off the island, I think the snake has the eye and then I could get the last gem on the four face rock. Anyone know where the rock with the snake is located oh and how do I get past the waterfall. I have already made it run cold water. If this helps anyone I already noticed that when you get as far as you think you can go on the island you have to go back to certain sites and find more things on each site. Good luck.

[Post New]by LilBitMom on Aug 23, 10 4:00 PM
In same boat as others that get BLACK screen (on DEMO). When I CTRL-Alt-Delete, it says that it is running AND I have an ERROR!! message. I uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 4:02:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Bluejeanwoman on Aug 24, 10 8:28 AM
I downloaded the demo because I wanted to try the 2nd game (played the 1st one and liked it). When I enter the game, I'm asked to take a survey because it thinks I've finished th game (when I haven't even started it yet!!!!!) When I click on the OK, I get kicked out of the game. I've deleted it and reinstalled it 3 or 4 time - keep getting the same results.

I'm very disappointed as I wanted to play the 2nd game

[Post New]by lindakathy on Aug 27, 10 11:36 PM
I played all the way through to almost the end. I collected all the seals and went back to the well and put them on the wall. A puzzle came up. I exited the main game because I wanted to come back later. When I reloaded, it went to the blank wall. There were no seals there or in my inventory. When I clicked on the wall I got the message "you have to find all the seals". *sigh*. I tried to retrace my steps to find them all (14) again, but to no avail. They'd already been found once, so that's that. The game is now at a dead end.
Conclusion: DON'T exit after bringing up the "seal" puzzle in the well.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 12:29:32 AM PST

[Post New]by kahla60 on Aug 31, 10 6:11 PM
I downloaded the demo - played up to the time limit - the screen went black and my computer shut down completely. Had to do a system restore to bring it back up. I have sent an email to tech support and have not received an answer yet. This is the second hidden object game that's done this to me. The other was Secret of the Dragon Wheel. I have an up to date system and no other problems with my other games, but I'm very unhappy with this kind of stuff going on. Sorry guys, but my computer means more to me than games.

[Post New]by SoulsRival on Sep 1, 10 7:43 PM
BLACK SCREEN START UP!!

I also get a black screen when the game starts, [b]However if you wait a little while the game actually loads! I thought this game might have a technical issue when black screen appeared, but all good
( Black screen stayed for approx half a minute then loaded an played no problem. I would maybe think if black screen stayed longer than a minute you could have tech issue with it)

[Post New]by Melanie1968 on Sep 6, 10 10:58 AM
I was playing the demo and had assembled the balloon. The cut scene with the balloon going to the island was playing and I ran out of time in the demo. I purchased the game and when I started the game again, I was back at the house. Since I missed the whole cut scene, I don't know if this is normal or if I've missed something important.

My inventory consists of: stick, salt and melting spell scroll.

Do I need to restart the game or am I fine?

Thanks!

Go to: