Re:Post any Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club technical issues here only

[Post New]by unhappy_gamer on Aug 22, 10 9:20 PM
Can not find piece to gramophone (which is different from the piece that is red in the walkthrough) Help button keeps sending me to view finder or what ever you call that thing but there's nothing to collect there.

Is there anyone out there that has found all the pieces to the gramophone? I'm guessing that once you put the gramophone together you will be able to play it, get the parrot to move and then you can retrieve the last piece for the skull. Is this right?

Please help!!

[Post New]by why_so_serious on Aug 22, 10 10:00 PM
Can not find piece to gramophone (which is different from the piece that is red in the walkthrough)

There is a glitch in the game and it is explained fully in this thread:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/111513.page

[Post New]by Tootsn2clnlj on Aug 23, 10 6:38 PM
I used the flail on the pile of coal, geyser erupted, now I don't have the flail to hit the newspaper box. Looks like I have to start game over though I'm probably three-fourths done!

[Post New]by why_so_serious on Aug 25, 10 2:00 AM
Tootsn2clnlj, use coin for newspaper box. flail only for coal).

[Post New]by whisperwolf on Aug 26, 10 2:41 PM
hi i am also having problems with the gongs i have trued re install but it changes nothing i do the gongs and still dont get the pieces i need i,m getting pretty hacked off with it tbh help......................

[Post New]by carbfrze on Aug 26, 10 5:13 PM
Hello, Just installed the demo on Windows 7 and get the following error when I try to run the game. Get a black screen and when I close it I see the error:
failed to load lua file: %s (LUA_ERRSYN...
scripts/comics_window.lua
when I hit OK i get the following error:
Assertion failed!
Program: ...
File: .\lua\lua.cpp
Line: 136

Expression res == 0
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

If i hit Retry or Ignore just get a black screen.
Please let me know what I can do. I've already made sure that my Windows is up to date, my video card drivers, and directx are all up to date as well.
Thanks

[Post New]by Margoty on Aug 28, 10 9:11 PM
diner524d wrote:I am at the padlock minigame and had found the following 3 math equations:

4 + 2 = ?, 6 + 2 = ?(colored) and 7 - 4 = ?.

I have put in 6 , 8 , 3 and 3, 8 , 6 and neither combination works, so I think there is a problem with the game?

I WONDER IF YOU ARE STILL STUCK IN THE CODE WITH 3 DIGITS...?????
WILL YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE THE CODE/???
margotydillon@yahoo.com
THANK YOU!!!

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 9:14:09 PM PST

[Post New]by wolfseeker on Aug 31, 10 7:09 PM
mahjkat wrote:I am having the exact same issue as Romany with the last 2 pieces of the grammarphone and skull and hints say, go to periscope, but NOTHING!! Very frustating!!! Help...

the pieces are on the road. one at the start and the other is at the mid section. hard to see but they are there. good luck

[Post New]by claireforigone on Sep 3, 10 11:10 AM
There has to be a glich with the gramaphone piece. I have been over this 100 times and cannot get the last piece. I hate playing a game that will not let you finish it. Keeps sending me to the view finder and nothing is there.

Edited on 09/03/2010 at 11:13:04 AM PST

[Post New]by madhuntr on Sep 14, 10 2:26 AM
I am also looking for the last grammaphone piece but the hint keeps sending me to the phone? Then it tells me I don't have a number to call and nothing else works!!! UGH

[Post New]by meccaladee on Oct 11, 10 11:25 AM
I cant get pass the 'Gongs' I'm not sure if its technical issuses, but i hit them in the order shown on the side of the screen, even used hints to try to find the order. It just wont go pass that. What is the correct order or what???!!!???

bgtts
Clownfish
Clownfish
610 Posts

[Post New]by bgtts on Oct 18, 10 7:23 AM
Last gramophone piece at 1:00 o'clock position: Hint button sends me to the periscope, then it circles the left arrow. Read two other posts here with same issue. Has anyone found the last piece? Had left the game for a while, but am pretty sure that I got all the pieces in the periscope view.

SyberGypsy
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by SyberGypsy on Nov 13, 10 3:01 PM
I am having the exact same issue with the last gramophone piece--no need to repeat what has been been said. What's odd is that although it seems dozens of people have had the same problem no one has offered a fix. Very unhappy as I LOVE this game.

bookworm1940
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm1940 on Jan 3, 11 9:07 AM
I've sent a help request to Customer Service, but since that can take up to 3 days to answer, I thought I'd see if any of my fellow fishies have had experience with this problem. In the game, very first chapter, you use the telescope to get the first 3 numbers of the chief's telephone. I did that. Went back inside, clicked on the phone to bring up the dial, entered the 3 numbers, went back outside, picked up the crossbow and clicked on his helmet. I keep getting a statement that I have to distract the chief first. The crossbow won't pick up the helmet, so I can't advance in the game. I uninstalled, reinstalled, tried deleting my user name and started over with a new name, same problem. I tried all three numbers listed, same thing. Is this a glitch, or am I really doing something wrong. I checked the walkthrough and I'm following it to the letter. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

[Post New]by angashpay on Jan 7, 11 10:36 PM
I do not remember how far I got on this game, probably about half way. Now it will not let me play at all anymore. Errors out with an access error. I have done everything suggested by Bigfish even tried updating video card. But everything was up to date.
I enjoyed this game, at least what I got to play.
What do I do now?

lizhot
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lizhot on Apr 28, 11 3:01 PM
I cannot go through the gongs. Can you give a game "reboot"?

Thanks.

[Post New]by Tinkerpep on May 8, 11 6:57 AM
Same problem with the grammophone. STUCK!!!!!!

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on May 13, 11 7:01 PM
download was brilliant.....but then...."access violation" game wont play.....why?

[Post New]by illusione on Jan 22, 12 2:22 AM
Stuck... Can't reach the pot in the hut where the guy with the mask is laying sick. When I scooted it out of the way to get the piece on the floor it went underneath the bar at the bottom of the screen.

Help!

I have no idea how to get it back out from under there. And I can't continue the game without it.

[Post New]by Eleutherous on Jan 23, 12 12:44 AM
Same here, Illusione.

The Pot has completely disappeared, so I can't make the potion.

Is there any way to see behind the status bar at the bottom (that's where the pot is) or to reset the Chapter?

Go to: