warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re: Destiny Architect - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by warmbear on Aug 17, 10 10:06 PM
I just attempted to play the demo of this game.. The english grammar and syntax is all but incomprehensible. If you do not solve the current puzzle correctly, the game states *perfect*; If you do solve the current puzzle correctly, the game states "ideally", etc.

The lack of understandable english is not limited to the rather strange character dialogs, but extends to the gaming instructions as well. In at least one of the building constructions the game wishes you to complete during the first hour of gameplay, the instructions are so muddled and unclear that you cannot possibly discern what it is the game wishes you to do.

However, a much larger issue is the continual stream of "access violations" the game generates, crashing repeatedly. I played the demo for 45 "fun filled" minutes, and the game crashed not less than 5 times. I have a pretty high end computer, and this should not be happening with a properly designed game, imho.

Edited on 08/17/2010 at 10:07:51 PM PST

Survivor01
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Survivor01 on Aug 17, 10 10:08 PM
Snipis - Congrats on becoming a seahorse!

I like the game, the horrible translation makes it more of a challenge and is sometimes very confusing, but I still like it and will buy it!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 18, 10 12:16 AM
I'm still playing this and *still* haven't come to the end of the story - besides which there have been at least a couple decision points as to which path the story takes. And it is a good story. You don't have to understand every detail to appreciate that - it's an adventure with dragons and elves and trolls and gnomes and priests and pagan temples, just off the top of my head lol.

It *has* crashed a couple times, but over quite a few hours of play today.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 1:31:25 AM PST

[Post New]by itzkit on Aug 18, 10 3:35 PM
_Angel_angel wrote:
Ugh!

That was painful!

"Guaranteed quality"?

Not this time BF

Angel

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 18, 10 10:00 PM
I just finished playing this game to the end. There never is any piece rotation. The challenge in the last several levels has to do with navigating the pieces you need to place around hanging pieces, and fewer errors are allowed. However the acorn power-ups are a lot more helpful by then, and I was using a couple of the power-ups from the upper left corner to repair some mistakes too. Watching the building finally come together with no errors in it after several tries is pretty satisfying.

Once you reach the end, it looks like the only option is to start over from the beginning again, which I've already done under a new profile name. And there's more to learn about the power-ups than what I just needed to play thru the first time, as well.

The story is a bit confusing, but it's about the girl's growth and magical deeds and choices and normal confusion about it all, so it really sort of fits somehow... and it makes me want to play the game again to understand the story better. It's a story with lots of characters along the way. I wasn't tempted to take notes to keep track of it or anything - but in a way it's like a Hobbit adventure.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 10:03:02 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 21, 10 12:30 AM
This has turned out to be a game I *really* like, even though I wouldn't rave about it and tell you that you *must* buy it.

I play it with the music on. I pretty much ignore the girl's arm-waving (- I've decided that, if I start to think she's talking to me in some sort of sign language, it's probably time to play something else or adjust my meds ).

It's just challenging enough to not be *too* frustrating - when you lose a level, you can simply play it over again, or choose to play some other unlocked location and come back to the one you lost later. It's satisfying to play, and feels good when you are able to remove mistakes as you go along or build perfectly when you replay it.

The story changes some depending on which optional locations you choose to play and what story-based decisions you make occasionally. I'm nearly at the end of my 3rd or 4th time thru now, and it's currently the first game I want to play some when I sit down at my computer.

Edited on 08/21/2010 at 12:31:13 AM PST

[Post New]by carol_95137 on Sep 19, 10 12:42 PM
I've been playing the game off and on for a while, and enjoy it. It can be challenging or easy. The only problem I had is with the power-ups you buy before you build something.

The green square (sticker rock) fills in where you missed
the wand thing (sun stick) destroys specific tiles you point at (I think the # changes as you go thru the game)
the yellow flower thing (fireball) destroys a square of tiles. (I think the # changes as you go thru the game)

but what is the 500 round thing (large tonnage press) and the black blob thing (big blob)
'

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re: Destiny Architect - Demolish bricks

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Mar 21, 12 8:44 PM
The whole point of those levels is to *remove* those wrinkled green bricks. You do that by trapping empty spaces above them and near them - I can't be very specific cuz that's as much as I've figured out, although I've made it thru those levels after a few tries. Break the green bricks the same way you broke regular ones above them, it seems.

The trapped spaces have to be completely enclosed, a barrier across the width of the game.

Still have not suceeded but closer to the end

Go to: