TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Frenzy 3: Madagascar

[Post New]by TxConnie on Aug 18, 10 3:32 PM
Won't be spending my money this time. I can go back and play the past ones. This is a retread to me. Also, not a fan of making the orangs the bad guys.

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Aug 18, 10 5:42 PM
GloomySunday wrote:I used to love Farm Frenzy. But with the fifth (?) third version that is exactly the same as all other third versions (except for the backgrounds and some minor details), I'm starting to feel annoyed. Why don't they make a really new fourth version? I saw that many who posted here don't mind yet another same version, so I'm sorry to be ranting. But I don't see the point in doing the same version over and over again and I don't feel taken seriously by the creators of this series anymore. Are they out of ideas? Have they lost enthusiasm? Why don't they use the creativity that made the first three Farm Frenzys unique in their own way and come up with version 4? A real version 4, not yet another rehashed version 3.

amen! i loved the first 4(ff1,2,3 and pizza party) i bought the next few ff3, didnt bother with russian roulette. the new baddie is refreshing i'll see what others say

oraugatang side note(sorry it's spelled wrong) there is a chit chat corner. there's games that have all kinds of weird stuff. i understand but really, chit chat corner guys i dont come to the review for that. bit over sentive really. i mena its a far fetched game. y be upset about the choice of baddies...ignoring the fact pigs dropped porkchops, and horns are randomly dropped, or less we forget the ivory walrus tusks harvest and sold. silly game. i thought they were funny and i almost bought it just to see the monkeys. curious top see what everyone thinks. thank you big fish for a non HOG . iwas ranting on chitchat about that last night

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 18, 10 7:29 PM
I've been having issues recently with Alawar games, Settlement: Colossus being the worst, so that I can't get thru that game's demo without freezing very solid - and I do want to buy that game.

I managed to get thru the Snark Busters demo ok, which is also Alawar, so I decided to demo Farm Frenzy games today to see how my computer fares with those. So today I demo-ed *all* of them lol. The tech issues I had - running in slo-mo from the get-go sometimes - were fixed when I closed the game and game manager and opened them again, or uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Otherwise not much in the way of tech issues, I'm happy to say. Not rock solid though - my cursor was sort of blinky, but it was still playable.

Anyway, playing just the first hour of all these games really did feel more like trafficking in rare and endangered animals than like farming. The eggs you produce are only worth 10 each and you have to wait quite awhile for each bird to lay one, while the predators/pests bring in, like 80. There's got to be a better way for folks to get extra resources for starting out than this - maybe find some valuable items or minerals on the farm or something. But I do understand that only pixelated animals were possibly harmed in this game itself. Also it's discouraging to see dogs that sell for 1000 being lost to predators in their first encounter with them.

I'm only this year paying more attention to TM games and buying any. So I may buy one of these, and my thought is that Farm Frenzy 3 would be my first choice, and Farm Frenzy 3 Russian Roulette my second choice because the geese in that one crack me up, and I sorta like looking at the ground cover they eat. My least favorite of the bunch was Farm Frenzy Pizza Party which seemed to not run as well for me and I liked the music less.

Edited on 08/18/2010 at 10:05:25 PM PST

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on Aug 19, 10 1:24 AM
well I love this game. I thought russian roulette was a "bad moment" in the Farm Frenzy games but I think this one is much better. I bought it right away. I think it's good that they changed a few animals and products and that we finally got rid of the bears. I have all the farm frenzy games and i absolutelly adore them

vahlcanna1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by vahlcanna1 on Aug 19, 10 1:54 AM
finished the trial, it seems a bit more fresh and new in some ways. i did get teh active feeling. still debating whether to get fiull version. stillwathcing for thos tht bought it tis it worth popping

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Aug 22, 10 9:25 AM
I've been a Farm Frenzy fan from the beginning and have bought all the prior games but I think I'm done now. It is time for some changes to this series developers and PLEASE can we stop with all the incessant clickining the early stages? No hope for enough coins to buy the cage upgrade and after about the 5th level I got fed up. This one will noe be a purchase for me, sorry.

PS - dear developers, have you not read all the posts in earlier games about how much we all hate the squeegie noise from the well while we're vainly trying to cage those baddies or are you just trying to **** us off now?

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Aug 23, 10 11:10 AM
I totally wait for the new Farm Frenzy's to come out! I buy before I even use the hour trial. I love them! =]

Can't wait for the next!

garyf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by garyf on Aug 25, 10 5:16 PM
Why are there ads on this game? When you pay for a game it is generally ad free. Yet I see these annoying ads CONSTANTLY popping up and getting in the way of game play. I guess they are advertising other games...
If you have not already purchased this one, I would skip it just because of the ads.
I love time management games and was really glad to see this one, even if it is the same old Farm Frenzy. However, I will promptly cancel my subscription if ads are the way of the future.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Aug 25, 10 5:26 PM
I have purshased this game from Big Fish and have not seen any ads yet. I'm not sure what is going wrong for you. I have never seen any ads from Big Fish games. I do agree that it is repeative though. I guess I'm just addicted.

garyf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by garyf on Aug 26, 10 3:01 PM
I'm definitely getting ads. They pop up during game play. The most offending one is around level 47-49... it seems to be an ad for another game or something. It totally blocks part of the screen DURING game play. Another one I have seen is a plane pulling a banner across the top of the screen. At first I thought it was one of the "gags" that you are supposed to click. However, it just runs continuously advertising a game. At least that one does not block game play, but it is irritating.

Ok... I checked.... one of the ads is for Dream Farm.

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 4:01:08 PM PST

[Post New]by sheltie127new on Sep 6, 10 5:41 AM
It's the "cute" factor at work again. Baby bears are just adorable, @ least from what I've seen on Nat Geo & AP, but we tend to think about them trying to eat us, lol Actually, Great White sharks are endangered, too, but I don't know of too many ppl who are looking to 'adopt', lol.

Don't want to turn the discussion to one on animal rights. Perhaps, we can remember that it is only a game. Besides, who's to say that we're not actually rescuing the orangs from the traders, and the cages are simply a means to transport them to a wonderful rescue facility, lol.

Happy farming all.

BTW, I'm with all of you about the game needing to change. We've been around th world collecting eggs & making cookies & cakes. It's time for a change, How many version 3s can one game have?

[Post New]by browneyesnsc on Sep 6, 10 1:09 PM
Can't wait till Farm Frenzy Gone Fishing comes to BF. At least is is different than making cakes and cookies.

tekh
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tekh on Sep 7, 10 7:37 AM
Still a great pleasure to play any variation of this game.
However it's a great disappointment that there is no equivalent for LetterToSanta/RocketLaunch in this one. The 'Hits' all amount to the same (except $$$). Also I'd like to see different workshop designs & animations for each new version of the game. FFGoneFishing really seems to solve this problem.

PS about the 'Save the OrangOutang' campaign:
You guys should first stop eating real meat from slaughterhouses every day before worrying about pixels on a screen.
So there.

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 7:48:24 AM PST

[Post New]by Ronbobbi on Sep 13, 10 11:02 AM
Does anyone know how to pass level 74 on FF Madagascar?? I have Gold on 89 levels but cannot figure out how to get to 2:30 minutes or less on this level. Help!! Thanks.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 13, 10 3:16 PM
Just a heads up that it was announced today that Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing is arriving at Big Fish this week.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 26, 10 6:38 PM
so... don't know how i missed this one as i am such a fan of the farm frenzy games, but...

this one is definitely on my niece's short list! the orangutans dropping in are just tooo funny - and of course, the guineas are much prettier than some of the other birds we've had to deal with... but all in all, it is pretty much the same game in a new package...

raise birds to lay eggs, make powdered eggs, make cakes... capture any trespassers and sell them in the city... use the airplane to buy stuff you can't make - like sugar! - and the bicycle/moped to run your stuff to town to sell it off...

however, given the cuteness factor, this may be the best farm frenzy, yet!

happy farming

CazGamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CazGamer on Oct 8, 10 9:34 AM
I'm with many of the other reviewers. One or two were fun, but now seem very repetitive. I'm tired of clicking on eggs until my hand spasms! Waiting for edition four. Maybe it will be a little different.

[Post New]by Players_Mom on Dec 17, 10 5:53 PM
I was very disappointed in the paid version of this sequel.

Even after paying for this game, you will be seeing advertisements. Level 49 was unplayable at times due to the advertisement being placed over the upgrade button for one of the buildings. I had to repeatedly click and try to reach the button in between the ad's refresh.

All the animals are reused graphics except for the orangutans and elephants.

All the buildings are reused graphics except for the diamond set.

~Small Spoiler~
The diamonds are polished, set in gold and then WTF? They turn into Big Hit Games at the Games Factory? Excuse you? Where did the logic come from for that one? The flow of products was disrupted. I wonder if this was some convoluted ego stroke for the developers.

The advertisements mentioned above appear in the same manner/style as the expected Easter Egg graphics. This makes the ads more difficult to ignore.

My Rating
Original FF3 =

FF3 Madagascar
minus for reuse of just too much
minus for lack of logic flow in diamond processing
minus for keeping advertisements in a paid version
minus for advertisements disrupting play

Overall, I give this game zero s. Furthermore, I'll be writing to Big Fish and requesting a refund. I advise that you don't waste your $$.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 6:38 PM
I own all of the FF games, and this one was not the best I've seen, but I still have played it frequently. I don't gamble, and so the "Vegas" styled graphics for making rings and such really aren't my style. I do congratulate FF for coming up with the graphics, but I just didn't like them very much.

Again, the graphics were lovely, they just weren't my taste.

I'd give this a 3 out of 5:

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 22, 13 9:39 PM
I know the previous comments on here are old, but i am wondering what on earth these ads people are talking about are...?? I've never seen an ad on any such game & not on any from Big Fish.

TBH, even though I buy 90% of my games from Big Fish, I did not get this one from here. I just came to the forum hoping for a walkthrough.

As other said, this is very difficult. Its kind of annoying to have to click like a madman to win but what really drives me nuts is the waterr issue.

Go to: