robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:Welcome to Robin's Quest: A Legend Born forum

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 22, 10 9:19 PM
chooky1975 wrote:I love this game, but seem to have a problem at the Castle Jail - the guard has disappeared before giving me the clues I need to find the key!

As I can't seem to progress without this key, I'd love some advice on how to get the silly guard back!

Thanks!

We try to keep spoilers out of this topic, so could you please start a new topic with a subject line of Jail at end of Game or something similar and we can help you there.

Robin

[Post New]by braxman on Sep 23, 10 5:35 PM
im stuck ive cleared all "rooms" in the town center and i cant seem to move on. it tells me my next quest. the bakery is clear baker says im good the other 2 town people need thing but i cant move on.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 23, 10 5:49 PM
braxman wrote:im stuck ive cleared all "rooms" in the town center and i cant seem to move on. it tells me my next quest. the bakery is clear baker says im good the other 2 town people need thing but i cant move on.

Have you had a chance to look at the Blog Walkthrough yet? It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

It sounds like you may have skipped a couple of steps (probably in the Fields behind the Bakery). Try just reading over the walkthrough from the beginning and you should be able to figure out what you've missed.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by bernie10 on Sep 23, 10 7:06 PM
this game is too hard, not fun. Recommend you scratch it like i am about to do. I'm stuck in town can't get drawbride down not fun anymore

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 23, 10 11:04 PM
bernie10 wrote:this game is too hard, not fun. Recommend you scratch it like i am about to do. I'm stuck in town can't get drawbride down not fun anymore

This game has a lot of adventure elements, which means quite often you wil visit a location several times before you have everything you need to complete all the tasks there. Some people find that interesting and challenging--others just find it frustrating. Different games appeal to different players.

Most likely you just need to do a little more exploring in other locations, and then come back to the drawbridge later.

If you'd like more specific guidance, check out the Blog Walkthrough posted free here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should almost always help get you unstuck and on to the next available activity in the game.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Or it may just be that you prefer what the industry calls "linear games"--games where you basically complete everything in one location before moving onto the next. But that's the advantage of having a free trial--you can tell whether a game is something you'll enjoy before you make a buy decision.

Either way, good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by rainangel5301 on Sep 25, 10 6:48 PM
I am at the end of the game, and have only 3 of the 4 rings. All areas are marked "cleared" up to the king's bedroom, and I have gotten the ring out of the chest there. I can't find the other ring, and as I said, the other areas from the walkthrough are all cleared. Any way around this??? I have loved the game so far, and sure hate to get stuck this close to the end!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 25, 10 9:07 PM
rainangel5301 wrote:I am at the end of the game, and have only 3 of the 4 rings. All areas are marked "cleared" up to the king's bedroom, and I have gotten the ring out of the chest there. I can't find the other ring, and as I said, the other areas from the walkthrough are all cleared. Any way around this??? I have loved the game so far, and sure hate to get stuck this close to the end!!

Congratulations on getting so far!

Please see the existing forum topic "4 Gold Discs"--it should answer the question for you.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by brownietiger on Oct 2, 10 3:59 AM
How do I open the door in the church basement and get into the bell tower?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 2, 10 3:12 PM
brownietiger wrote:How do I open the door in the church basement and get into the bell tower?

That's quite a long sequence, as you have to gather items from several locations.
Probably the easiest thing is just to check the Blog Walkthrough posted here at Big Fish Games. It has step by step instructions for each chapter, including marked screenshots, so it should help.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by GameGuru539 on Oct 2, 10 3:56 PM
Are there supposed to be targets in the Free for All archery competition? Despite entering twice, no targets or 'green sight' areas appeared. Really hated wasting 40 gold pieces, too!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 2, 10 8:22 PM
GameGuru539 wrote:Are there supposed to be targets in the Free for All archery competition? Despite entering twice, no targets or 'green sight' areas appeared. Really hated wasting 40 gold pieces, too!

Yes, there are. There are 4 kinds of wooden animals--rabbits (which can be on the far side of the river), fish in the river, birds that swim on the river, and birds that fly through the air.

The animals vary in size, and some of the rabbits are quite small.

Some people have just missed seeing one of these, particularly small rabbits across the river or the birds in the sky.

Others have reported that there was definitely a problem with missing targets.

If you do think the targets are truly missing, just skip that particular optional activity. Fortunately it is not required for any trophy or quest.

Robin

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 3, 10 3:41 PM
Hi!

I already posted this question on another thread, but since I'm not getting any kind of response there, I thought I'd post it here, as well. If someone could PLEASE give me some idea of what to do, I would appreciate it!

. Any suggestions about what to do with THAT?!?!?!?

Thanks for any options you can think of!

Gratefully,

Janiece "

Edited: I removed several spoilers I had posted here, It turns out that the problem I was having was NOT a technical problem, but, rather, a BRAIN GLITCH, on my own behalf. I got the sequence of events and locations out of order and so I couldn't figure out where to go next. Robin already answered my question, on another thread. Thanks Robin!!!

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 1:13:16 AM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 3, 10 3:53 PM
We try not to put spoilers in this topic. I'm starting a new topic called SAW MILL ROAD and will respond to you there.

Robin

[Post New]by Helping__Voice on Feb 24, 11 10:33 PM
Hi

Nice game. Best thing about it is that its HOLs are easy and clear. Hint mechanism is so quick, puzzles are simple but logical. I played all.

Gamersown
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Gamersown on Feb 24, 11 10:53 PM
What a superb game!! enjoyed playing it thoroughly, in fact have played 2-3 times and still didn't get bored of it!!

Awesome game design!, brilliant fresh looking graphics and interesting game play!!. enjoyed the extra tournaments and the idea of collecting money and the skills sets. A refreshing game, well supported by audio that refreshes unlike all other popular depressing and similar casual games that come on every portal.

A game worth a purchase and very well made!!

Gamersown
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Gamersown on Feb 24, 11 11:05 PM
Waiting for the sequel!!

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Nov 21, 11 11:33 AM
I just played this for the second time and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time I played it when it first came out. This is a very pleasant game and a nice change from all the gore of late.

[Post New]by Buzzy1984 on Jun 10, 12 2:48 PM
I did the second pardon and everything in my inventory disappeared. I no longer have my shovel or net or anything. Very disappointed and don't want to reinstall game and start again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[Post New]by yogijudy44 on Mar 22, 13 3:34 PM
When I click on a pardon nothing happens. The hint has circled it 2x so I know it is the right thing to click. This is in "the Sherwood forest section and the arrow, note is situated in a tree.

Go to: