Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 20, 10 1:20 PM
This is a good, but very different from the mainstream, ihog. I like it alot. Great graphic, interesting "puzzlescenes", good story. Its a buy for me

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 20, 10 3:22 PM
purplemist wrote:After having waiting patiently for this version to come out...it is a total disappointment.

There is only one game play throughout the entire game..the music is sooo boring had ot turn it off.
On the plus side it has great graphics.
Definately not my type of game yet I loved the first one

Ah purplemist!! I feel exactly the same way and was afraid to say it!!

I loved the first one too and can't put my finger on why it took me three sittings to slog through the demo on this one. I finished the demo and the game was immediately relegated to my list of "might buy if it shows up as a Daily Deal" list.

Thanks for being the brave one

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 20, 10 4:35 PM
For what it's worth in opinions, here is mine on these sequels, or subsequent releases by same dev in some cases. We have seen them up the difficulty level in the next game appealing more and more to the advanced player as players gain more experience and demand more challenges. They don't usually give us more of the same. So, many are disappointed in sequels.

Then, some like this game, and Samantha Swifts over 4 games may be "dumbing it down" a bit for the more general audience who do want more of the same which is getting boring for followers expecting better. Sam Swift 2,3 got more difficult, at least with hard to see faded or dark or teeny things, not as much fun for me as Sam1. Then 4 came out and got panned for too easy etc. I liked it very much like the first.

The difficulty level on En2 with less adventure complexity suits me fine. Stress level playing isn't like the first one, altho those E cards are harder to spot. Like those darn birds and lightening bolts in Sam 4. I don't like to have to sweat over not enough hints to recharge. Just slowing down and searching for these E cards, taking my time OMG I have 13 in just over an hour of play, and that is using a few.

Some devs make just small additions like more cute animations or worded clues like the Big City or PI Mystery series and keep their games consistant, loyal fans love them. I'm a bit worried to read that the sequel to Reincarnations is "darker" in theme. Hope not, it was the light heartedhumor that made the first my fav game last year so I want more of the same. Hope I'm not disappointed I wanted the CE

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 4:58:08 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 20, 10 4:54 PM
As long as I went OT on sequels, I should have made mention of BF MCF games. They went a longggggggg way from Huntsville and Prime Suspects to Dire Grove. At least timers were removed after MadameFate, my Waterloo, never could finish that one. Then upped the "chill factor" into gory with Ravenhearst, RTR Dire Grove. What happened to the fun humor? Compare the first 2 with where DG ended up in both theme and difficulty.

I'm still waiting for the writers to go back to humorous entertainment, no matter how difficult if there are walkthroughs. I don't think I'm the only one wanting more light hearted fun, this audience is keeping games on the charts like Golden Trails, RobCrusoe2, Flux Family, Steve Sheriff2, Vampireville, Reincarnations, SamS4 and so on. More creativity is great, not too much more of a challenge so maybe a broader demographic.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Aug 20, 10 6:02 PM
I really enjoyed this game. It wasn't particularly difficult for me, but it was fun. The main game mechanic is interesting, and it's different from the usual HOG. I like the humorous scenes and the weird descriptions. However, the repeating scenes get pretty old once you get to the end. The repetition makes the game even easier, because by the time you've done a particular scene for the fifth time, you're pretty aware of where everything should go. That, in turn, makes the game go by faster. I liked this game, but it felt very short. I think I would have been pretty mad if I purchased the CE, so I'm glad I waited.

tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmhall55 on Aug 20, 10 6:11 PM
wow!!!! loved the ending. i knew i wouldn't be disappointed. another a+ here. hope everyone enjoyed it as much as i did......

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Aug 20, 10 6:46 PM
I'm not sure why so many who say they liked the first one, don't like this one. The gameplay is pretty much the same. The only difference I see is that this one is harder, which I don't think is a bad thing. As much as I loved the first, it seemed pretty easy to me - I barely used hints. In this one, the backgrounds are a little darker (I'm not so happy about that) but you can still see the objects and the descriptions pop up when you hover over them (I didn't have any of the issues some others report with no labels.) The E cards are definitely harder to spot but again, I thought they were too apparent in the first. I was slopping over with E cards.

I think this game will please anyone who liked the first but doesn't mind more of a challenge. But as they say, you owe it to yourself to d/l and try for yourself.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 21, 10 6:00 AM
Unfortunately, this is a no buy for me. I tried to play the CE version, and the screen didn't fill out the whole monitor, and I couldn't see the 'menu' button, so I had to close it down manually.
Same thing happened with the Standard version. I know that other players have the same problem, and am surprised that nothing has been done to rectify this glitch with the Standard version.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 21, 10 8:02 AM
This was a definite buy for me. Loved the first Enlightenus and knew what to expect with this one. Just finished it, did skip one mini-game as couldn't work out how to defeat the witch and got fed up with being turned into a pig! Otherwise 5 hours of pure enjoyment and can't wait for the next one!

rpcv
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Disappointingly short-- would like to have seen at least two more levels

[Post New]by rpcv on Aug 21, 10 8:25 AM
Nice game, though it takes you back to the same locations repeatedly and it seemed disappointingly short to me. For me, not a game I would start and could come back to several times, since it seemed over too soon.

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Aug 21, 10 12:33 PM
For me it is one of the best games ever. Wonderful graphics, funny puzzles, satisfying length. I will definitely play it more than once.

[Post New]by Ohkeedokee on Aug 21, 10 12:52 PM
Same problem as Valdi stated..... the game does not stretch/fill the screen and I am unable to play. Spoke to the techs and said they are working on it.
Has anyone been able to solve the problem????
Can't buy what you can't play!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 21, 10 1:55 PM
Loved this game. Really took my time to play it as I didn't want to see the end of it. Enjoyed the "cartoons" mini games, makes a nice change from the usual ones (did skip -2 hints taken from the ones you have- the cash register, as I'm hopeless with such games), hint refills quite qickly and it was a bit tricky to find them in the different scenes which added to the fun. Hardly used any of them and made a challenge at gathering as much of them as I could, music was not intrusive, in fact I forgot I had turned it on.Very nice game, which I found too short, probably because I was enjoying myself too much. I found it easier than the 1st one, will replay it to see if I'm right. I highly recommend it (though I'm glad I've bought the regular version, as the CE trial gave me a blank screen, I saved money... )

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Aug 21, 10 2:51 PM
Like others, I liked first one better. This time around, I disliked matching items from "inventory" to scene for some reason,.

I don't get the mini games..choose a lightening bolt or whatever, place it in cartoon cell and that's it, you win it first time.

Just not keeping my interest but I'll try back later.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Aug 22, 10 4:24 AM
just finished the demo..it was a long time back since i played the first, so can't really compare, but i did enjoy this, but still undecided whether to buy..really like the mini puzzles, quite inventive and fun to do, but the putting the items back in the HOG(?) scenes is not really my thing..nice graphics, and storyline. it is not a hard game, i would be interested in the length before i purchased it..
might check out some other games, before i decide on purchasing..

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 22, 10 3:47 PM
Replayed the first one and it's definitely more difficult than this one, hints are easier to find, you don't have mini games, still I enjoyed much more the 2nd one.....

[Post New]by nilmdts on Aug 22, 10 9:34 PM
I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE THIS ONE...BUT... I DID NOT!
IT TAKES TO LONG TO FIND WHERE TO PUT THE OBJECTS AND THEN YOU HAVE TO GO ALL OVER THE SCREEN JUST TO FIND WHERE THEY DO BELONG... NOT FOR ME....

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Aug 22, 10 9:47 PM
This game has great graphics but I found that even before the free hour was done, I was bored to death. There is no challenge when the "sparkles" pull you along and there is nothing to actuallly "find". Having to actually have an item in hand before the matching names in the picture would show up was frustrating but on the other hand there are enough enlightenus cards to charge the hint option if you get stuck.

I thought the matching items, for the most part, were pretty obvious although I did use hints on some vague items.

Not a game for me. Not enough challenge. Although, if you are having trouble sleeping, this game might help.

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Aug 24, 10 2:51 AM
I wanted to love this game. I played the first Enlightenus and really enjoyed it, but this one was a disappointment. The graphics are gorgeous with a very similar look to the Dream Chronicles series. The music is peaceful but it nearly put me to sleep, and it is repetitive. The game play is exactly the same through the entire game, and while I really enjoy putting things back using the goofy label hints, I got tired of always going back to the same **** scenes.
The mini games are a refreshing change from slider puzzles, etc, but there are only a few.
The story was less than enthralling, and the ending seemed trite to me. All in all, this had the makings of a great game, but it reminded me of a beautiful but bland painting. Just not memorable.

I give it a 3 stars out of 5, and am glad I didn't buy the CE.

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Aug 24, 10 7:24 AM
dawntim wrote:
I purchased this game today and got as far as Medievel Castle. I had 4 items left to place, farmers hat, barber scissors, stone wings & royal gem. When I used the hint for each one the area circled made no sense and I could not place/use the item there.

I left the scene and then went back in. This time the items did not show up in my inventory although when I moused over them the name of the item displayed. I left again and came back in and this time the inventory items showed as did the things that the items were to be used on (i.e. the farmer for the farmer hat was now in the scene).

Anyone else have the same problem?

Yes - similar thing happened to me on the Egyptian level, look up a few posts above yours and you'll see. It's never happened again since that level, if that's any reassurance?

Go to: