Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 21, 10 6:02 AM
Unfortunately, this is a no buy for me. I tried to play the CE version, and the screen didn't fill out the whole monitor, and I couldn't see the 'menu' button, so I had to close it down manually.
Same thing happened with the Standard version. I know that other players have the same problem, and am surprised that nothing has been done to rectify this glitch with the Standard version. *sigh*

And yes, all things are updated on my laptop - they always update automatically with the HP laptop. And no, I don't have this problem with any of the other games.

[Post New]by gaffordp1 on Aug 21, 10 8:05 PM
I have downloaded this game but I cannot get it to come up to play. I don't know how many BigFish games I have had to uninstall to finally get one I can play.

I don't like this. What are we paying for?

Pam

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 22, 10 2:57 AM
Hi gaffordp1
I d/l and found I could not start the game from Game Manager
I went to My Computer, C Drive, Program Files, clicked on Enlightenus 11 icon which opens up the files, double clicked on Enlightenus2_The Timeless Tower_Standard File Version: 1.1.0.0. (a sort of faded box icon on my computer) and it opened up and ran
Hope this works for you and any other fishies having trouble opening this game
Enjoy it, it is a really good game
Limey

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Aug 22, 10 10:43 AM
Valdy wrote:Unfortunately, this is a no buy for me. I tried to play the CE version, and the screen didn't fill out the whole monitor, and I couldn't see the 'menu' button, so I had to close it down manually.
Same thing happened with the Standard version. I know that other players have the same problem, and am surprised that nothing has been done to rectify this glitch with the Standard version. *sigh*

I have the same problems, which is why I didn't buy the CE version, I was hoping this would have been seen too, sorry big fish not for me, untill there is an update.

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Aug 22, 10 3:34 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi Fishies,

Thought I'd pop in and offer some help. If you're having installation issues with the game, please refer to this help article for some really great information:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=536">Problems Downloading or Installation Failed</a>

If you're having troubles with the game freezing or crashing, you may need to check your computer for some updates, and you can reference this help article for these steps:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

Still having troubles? Please write into Tech Support by clicking the green envelope to the right, with as much information as you can provide (i.e. specific error messages, <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=188">screenshots</a>, etc.) and they will be happy to further assist you!

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Thank you - I tried everything you suggested - no change.

Updated my already updated game manager - nothing.

I even tried changing the default for download through options/advanced and that just brought it to a total stop, not even starting to download.

*sigh*

[Post New]by dbmiller on Aug 23, 10 3:58 PM
Great game, but like everyone else, I'm having problems with the screen freezing. This is the fourth time today. I can use task manager to back out and start again, but it's very frustrating. Luckily, I'm on the last puzzle. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy it until the bugs are worked out.

[Post New]by 1fireangel on Aug 23, 10 5:02 PM
I am having the same problem I did with the first Enlightenus. It downloads fine but when I go to open it the game screen is completely off center and I can only see less then half of the screen. This happened with the first Enlightenus and now this one too. So I have yet to be able to play either one of these games for this reason. I always have to exit out of it with task manager since I can't even see the exit button on the game screen. Anyone else having this problem? Help?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 24, 10 12:08 PM
I have been waiting to see if anything is going to be done about the various problems we seem to have (I have the problem that I can't see the menu button because the game doesn't open all the way).

I have also been waiting to see an updated version of this game. Unlike others, I have had no problems with the first game, but I can't even play the second one, because vital buttons are cut off and the screen only fills the monitor 3/4 of its size.

So, is something going to be done about it or do we, who have problems, just forget about the game?

[Post New]by 1fireangel on Aug 24, 10 4:14 PM
You have a good question Valdy. We are both obviously having the same problems with the game and we're certainly not the only ones but it seems that not much is being remedied. I've had to forget about the first and second versions so far since they've both only been a small portion of the game screen in the bottom right corner of my monitor. I've tried alot of different things and nothing seems to help. So to echo your question: Is anything going to be done or do we just write these games off?

anerims
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by anerims on Aug 24, 10 6:05 PM
Sheria wrote:Just downloaded the trial. (I did not try the Collector's Edition.) Game froze in the Mayan Jungle. I selected to use the tutorial. When the tutorial got to the point of showing the 2 E cards, the arrows appeared, but no cards appeared. I could do nothing else. Only way to get out was ctrl-alt-delete to end the task.

I'm having the same problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still cannot get E cards. Also cannot get out of game. Have to use Task Mgr to exit.

[Post New]by raylin_stephens on Aug 26, 10 8:08 AM
Today the game manager updated and reinstalled again.

Today I was finally able to download and install the game!

I just wanted to let you know and to say Thank You!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 27, 10 1:16 AM
raylin_stephens wrote:Today the game manager updated and reinstalled again.

Today I was finally able to download and install the game!

I just wanted to let you know and to say Thank You!

That's great for you. Hope you enjoy the game.

However, since no one officially mentioned that the game has been re-issued with glitches fixed, I won't try to install it again. I was able to install the game anyway, I just can't play it because the menu and other buttons are missing, because the game only opens to a certain size on my computer. *sigh*

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Refund??

[Post New]by marloflip on Aug 28, 10 3:15 AM
Hi guys, i have tried everything you have suggested to fix this game, and it still wont work. I am fed up and dissapointed. Could I please have a refund or credit. Not sure how to go about this? Thanks

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Aug 28, 10 5:30 PM
I don't have any problem with it freezing since I cannot play the game at all! After I assign a player name the screen goes to 1/4th of the whole screen and there are no options for exit, full screen or anything to click on - the game just starts. Had to task mgf to close it. Enlightenus original would not play either so I'm not buying this one - sorry I bought the 1st one since I cannot play it.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Aug 29, 10 11:04 AM
Valdy wrote:Unfortunately, this is a no buy for me. I tried to play the CE version, and the screen didn't fill out the whole monitor, and I couldn't see the 'menu' button, so I had to close it down manually.

And yes, all things are updated on my laptop - they always update automatically with the HP laptop. And no, I don't have this problem with any of the other games.

Ditto, both versions....ugh. I'm sooo tired of troubleshooting glitchy games that I just don't care anymore.

[Post New]by Strongbow on Aug 29, 10 3:00 PM
Getting a crash when clicking on the clock to enter Queen Anne's Revenge 1717 AD.

Message as follows:

Runtime Error

Enlightenus_2_TimelessTower_Standard.exe

Abnormal Program Termination

Was able to enter all of the other sections of this level.

[Post New]by redwillow1 on Sep 5, 10 4:16 PM
Anybody else ????I am very frustrated at this point, made it all the way to the last part where I was supposed to get part of the clock. only one piece left----and I have no opportunity to play the scene where it will be given to me. I think it's the last London? scene where you get the golden clock piece. I have the jewels and key to open the next to the last door.What did I miss??

Flipo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Flipo on Sep 6, 10 9:21 AM
On the 4th floor I recovered all the clock pieces. However while the screen shows the "Table Clock Piece" going into the clock the piece dosen't show at the bottom along with the other pieces when I open the clock so I can't solve the puzzle. I keep getting the key back to solve the medivial castle again and get the same "Table Clock Piece". How do I get this glitch repaired so that I can get to the 5th floor?

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 9:30:21 AM PST

crickets52
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by crickets52 on Sep 7, 10 6:35 AM
I have not experienced any download issues but am having the same issue with the items at the bottom of the screen not appearing. I posted this issue with the demo for the CE and thought it would have been addressed in the non CE issue. I went ahead and bought it and am having the same issue where half the "clues" do not appear or the items they go to do not appear. S/a: I have the comb for the girls hair in the castle window but she is not in the castle window. So when I click on the hint for the comb it indicates an empty castle window. I have exited the game and gone back in but the items still do not appear. What's up with not fixing before re-releasing as the non CE? Not like you, BF!!!

Flipo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Flipo on Sep 7, 10 2:14 PM
After trashing and redownloaded this program I was able to complete this game. I am looking forward to the new installment.

Go to: