OPENING THE SAFE

Re:opening safe

[Post New]by HookedOnBFG on Aug 22, 10 5:25 PM
You have to stop at each individual number to let it click in. Clockwise, stop, counterclockwise, stop, etc.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Aug 22, 10 5:44 PM
I finally got it. Yes, you have to stop and hold just for a teeny part of a second. Then you can let go of the mouse and it will stay in place and you move to the next #. It's counter, then clock, then counter, then clock.

Awesome game concept but clunky play (at times) and clunky walkthrough.

Forget about listening for clicks as you turn the wheel. I think that was throwing everyone off.

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 5:45:17 PM PST

[Post New]by buddhagal on Aug 22, 10 9:31 PM
Big thanks to everyone, I was getting so frustrated with that safe. ugh, was trying for so long before I finally read your great answers.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

What worked for me

[Post New]by SherrieS on Aug 22, 10 10:36 PM
dianaluna wrote:Okay, I got it open. I released the mouse after each number--don't release it all the way, just lift your finger OFF the mouse. And be sure to start with Counterclockwise 4, & clockwise 2 & so on. Phew! Glad to get past this one. Hope all of you fishes can re-try it this way.

What worked was this tip, but I clicked my right mouse button after I got the number--
no clicks--no sound on my end---
So got to #4 using left mouse button...then click your right mouse button & it will hold there, then the other three numbers the same way
Hope THIS helps

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Aug 22, 10 10:51 PM
dianaluna wrote:Well, I've been reading online to see if anyone has ANY OTHER advice about #$%@^ safe! One tip is to Yes the safe combination is to go to the number stop, let go of it and then you will hear the click. The mouse should be released after each number. The safe combination is counter clockwise to 4, clockwise to 1, counter clockwise to 7, clockwise to 2. Does that help anyone? Spiritdog, is that what you did? Thanks for your help on this one.
JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU DIANALUNA I FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE AND GOT THE SAFE OPEN WITHOUT A PROBLEM..NOW I CAN GO ON WITH THE REST OF THE GAME

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 10:54:35 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 10 1:41 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi Fishies,

*SPOILER ALERT*

According to the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/redemption-cemetery-curse-of-the-raven-walkthrough/">walkthrough</a>:

Turn the dial to 4172 in the following manner by going clockwise to 4, clockwise to 1, counterclockwise to 7, and clockwise to 2.

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

I did the numbers: counter, clockwise, counter, clockwise - and it worked.

Gerabean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Gerabean on Aug 23, 10 11:19 AM
Dianaluna...THANK YOU....THANK YOU...Your way worked

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Aug 23, 10 3:53 PM
Well...I was about to toss my laptop out the window trying to get that #%^# safe open!! Thanks beckx020. Followed your directions to the letter and the safe opened. Was having a good time with this game until that horrendous experience. The hint was of no use whatsoever, just kept telling me to go do something else...sheesh.

Ok, blood pressure going down, back to the game!!

Corie

jtreegirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jtreegirl on Aug 23, 10 4:36 PM
beckx020 wrote:Bah! I didn't like this thing at all!

Ok, I turned counter clockwise to the 4, and let off the mouse. Hear a click.
Turned clockwise back to the 1, and let off the mouse. Hear a click.
Turned counter clockwise to the 7, and let off the mouse, Hear a click.
Turned clockwise to the 2, ad let off the mouse. Hear a click and the safe opened.

If you let off the mouse and it turns back to zero then it isn't right. Start over.

Phew! Thank God for this forum and for people helping because I would have been here all day long!

I followed these instructions and got it. You won't hear a click until you let go of the button on the mouse. Make sure the arrow is lined up exactly with the number slot. When you let go you will hear a click and the dial will remain on that number.

GL!

vickynant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by vickynant on Aug 23, 10 8:07 PM
[b]need game saved just after safe openened!!!!! have tried all combos on the form and am at wits end. love the game ....[please anyone have it....thanks

theonly
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by theonly on Aug 24, 10 12:55 AM
thank you so much beckx020 for your help in the safe puzzle. As with all the others I to was pulling out my hair. Your method worked the first time and I was able to finish the game. Again thank you and all the others for their advice. These formums have saved me again.

vickynant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by vickynant on Aug 24, 10 2:50 AM
boy that safe is a real booger to open..kids please don't give up game is so gooood!!!

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Took some time but

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Aug 24, 10 10:36 AM
I got it opened by doing mine like a regular safe . I had tried that before even checking the forums and it did not work so I tried the clockwise /counter clockwise thing and that did not work . sooo I went really slow and did it like a combo is supposed to be done and it worked . its a bit glitchy because I see some people are having luck doing the combo like it says to in the walk through but mine will not work that way . seems like each person has a different way to do this puzzle . If you are having problems try going really slow with the sound effects turned up and the music off so you can hear the clicks and try the right , left right left way of doing it . hope that helps

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 25, 10 3:59 PM
Thanks for starting this thread Fishies -- this issue has been spreading like wildfire and to appease the other players, I'm going to go ahead and sticky this discussion!

Happy gaming!

-bfgArnoStyx

Re:OPENING THE SAFE

[Post New]by gr8grammy50 on Aug 26, 10 8:40 AM
I'd like to thank everyone for their input. I finally got the safe open by following dianaluna's suggestion.

very frustrating yet sorta challenging

[Post New]by smartvalerie on Aug 26, 10 3:59 PM
Many thanks to all you guys who pointed me in the right direction to open the safe. After many hours trying I was about to give up, then I read your replys on how to life finger off mouse. It worked! Thanks again.

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Aug 26, 10 7:34 PM
I tried for quite some time and could not get it. Finally I did like a regular safe. The first number 4 I went clockwise then the 1 counter then seven clockwise and 2 counter. It opened right up. Hope this helps some, at least. . JKPHEP

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 10:42:21 AM PST

[Post New]by norayorkie on Aug 27, 10 8:20 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi Fishies,

*SPOILER ALERT*

According to the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/redemption-cemetery-curse-of-the-raven-walkthrough/">walkthrough</a>:

Turn the dial to 4172 in the following manner by going clockwise to 4, clockwise to 1, counterclockwise to 7, and clockwise to 2.

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Got it! - NOT!!!

[Post New]by Eostara on Aug 27, 10 9:37 AM
dianaluna wrote:Okay, I got it open. I released the mouse after each number--don't release it all the way, just lift your finger OFF the mouse. And be sure to start with Counterclockwise 4, & clockwise 2 & so on. Phew! Glad to get past this one. Hope all of you fishes can re-try it this way.

And for those of us without a fricken mouse? i'm using a laptop and it's bloody frustrating .. have gone backwards, forwards, that safe won't open. NOT happy and i'd like a refund please!!!

[Post New]by sunny_dream7 on Aug 27, 10 10:38 AM
Thanks everyone for your help with the safe. I had tried everything. I even started the game over because I thought that I had missed something as the "HINT" kept saying that there was nothing to be done here. Now I can move on. Thanks again.

Go to: