gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Bigfoot: Chasing Shadows

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Aug 22, 10 4:15 AM
Hi!

I have to say no to this game even if i thought it was great. feeding of the animals and keeping them happy every few minutes ruined this game for me. i love animals but not as a distraction in my games that i have to take care of. If it could be a sidetrack or just a way to produce hints faster and i could decide when to do that it would be fine i think. But not like this when i have to take care of it when it calls......

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 22, 10 4:22 AM
IHOG. Fortunately the game graphics and quality is *much* better than that of the intro clip.

As for the guinea pig, can you say "euthanasia"... Hated the constant critter cam distraction. So far there's no sense to that part of the game - reminds me of folks "freeing" farmed mink into the wild where they're not natural - so the mink end up killing the local desired species...

Might be a likable game, once a person figured out how to minimize the parts they don't like - for instance, I don't know how often the animals need to be tended to, or what if you ignore them and just play your hidden object game.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 22, 10 4:43 AM
Kinda' goofy, kinda' fun! I like the "over the top, hammy acting dialogue!" I think it's supposed to be hokey like that for comedic relief. (I hope,because that's how it comes across to me.) Even that hamster/guinea pig thing is funny looking with it's comically large,pitiful eyes. Yes,it does offer a little too much help, but I think that can be turned off in options (correct me if I'm wrong and I just know you will! )
I haven't experienced any tech problems but I do have a fairly new PC with all available updates installed. It's a little different than the HOG, FROG, IHOG games I usually play but I'm finding it fun and different. Just call me crazy (and I'm sure you will! ) but I think I'm gonna' buy it. I give it 3 x
Dr.good

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Aug 22, 10 4:44 AM
You only need to click on the animal rescue thing if you want your hint refilled quickly- othewise just ignore it.

I am a fan of this game. It has a "Nevosoft" feel to it- there is a bit of tongue in cheek humor.
Scenes are clear, story interesting.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 22, 10 4:49 AM
All kinds of possibilities--very little success. Download went fine, opening menu kind of neat, inordinately long load time though. Got through about 20 minutes of the demo to the point where the main character gets an iPhone call, screen says "Play Now"--clicked on that and the game froze--had to use Task Mgr to (finally) exit after some excruciating minutes. So far, graphics OK, decent voices, sort of confusing between item list, inventory, and tasks--not what I'd call intuitive (which I am). I'd be careful of this one--no go here.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 22, 10 4:55 AM
Like it. There's loads of things to do. Even like tending to the animals. A buy for me. Or in this case: credit redeemed.

Whoop, I'm a squid! How cool is that?

Edited on 08/22/2010 at 4:56:33 AM PST

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 22, 10 4:58 AM
This is okay if you like taking care of virtual pets. But I seriously don't like doing that. I could not believe that after all this time waiting for this game to come to Big Fish and they could screw it up so badly. There is no way I want to see research animals being confined in tiny little cages with no food or water to sustain them. The hidden object part sucked canal water. Everything sparkled like I had to be led around by the nose and was not capable of finding anything by myself. The hint button filled up incredibly fast also. This game seemed to have a great deal of potential, but they just made a big fat mess out of the whole thing. I'm sorry, I will NOT be buying this game.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 22, 10 5:12 AM
You're unhappy because the hints filled back up too fast?

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 22, 10 5:21 AM
Thanks for the warnings, peeps. I'll save myself the aggravation. I hated virtual pets in the 90s, I'm not about to start liking them now.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 22, 10 5:21 AM
I thought this game was ok, and I will put it on my to buy list. I guess I must of missed the animal asking for food so I never feed them.

I also at first thought the animals in the lab was not good, but then I realized it fits the game and you are saving them, now if they were tortured I would be protesting big time.

I did not have any issues with load times. You can also skip the games, scenes, reading and movies so I do not think the dialog is a biggy.

The one Con I have: is the telling you what to do after giving you the list, but on the other side it was not that annoying.

I give this game a 3 out of 5 just because I am waiting to see how long it is. I saved 3 animals and if they are anything to go from this might be a short game which will be a big no for me.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 22, 10 5:56 AM

I liked it and I bought it.

If you have a slower computer,(like me) I recommend you go to Options menu and turn off special effects - as suggested.

Very nice and different game....

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 22, 10 6:18 AM
It seems to me that one of the main things people are finding wrong with this game is that it's not over the top,scary, macabre............IT'S not supposed to be!!! It's funny and tongue in cheek! Don't want to feed the animals!....DON'T!! That's how you recharge your hints faster....by caring for those goofy looking animals . I think this game is getting a black eye that it doesn't deserve from people that either were expecting a scary game, using a PC that needs some updates or don't understand the concept and how to utilize the options to customize this game for their maximum enjoyment. Now that I've P.O.'ed a couple hundred of you I will go ahead and crawl off and die like I'm sure you want me to.
Dr.good

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Aug 22, 10 7:02 AM
cleric wrote:
(Goes back to for Reincarnations 2)
Where did you find this? Are you beta testing it or is it available on another site? Please PM with the answer. Thanks.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Aug 22, 10 7:04 AM
Played the trial and will definitely be purchasing this game. Really new concept and interesting storyline. I really like this one.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Aug 22, 10 7:18 AM
This could have been a good game. However the overly dramatic dialogue,hard to find objects and rescue of caged animals that seem to have little connection to the main story line leave one somewhat confused and frustrated. I played the full hour hoping that things would some how start coming together. It didn't happen. No buy here.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Aug 22, 10 7:24 AM
Not a game I will buy. Even though you don't have to feed the animals unless you need a hint faster, I found the critter cam really annoying and a distraction. Actually, I found the whole game annoying. I like to know upfront what I'm going to be looking for or need, not making me wait until I found certain things first. Also the going back and forth was irritating due to the fact that you didn't have the whole list at one time.

amen123
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

a

[Post New]by amen123 on Aug 22, 10 7:41 AM
doctorgood wrote:It seems to me that one of the main things people are finding wrong with this game is that it's not over the top,scary, macabre............IT'S not supposed to be!!! It's funny and tongue in cheek! Don't want to feed the animals!....DON'T!! That's how you recharge your hints faster....by caring for those goofy looking animals . I think this game is getting a black eye that it doesn't deserve from people that either were expecting a scary game, using a PC that needs some updates or don't understand the concept and how to utilize the options to customize this game for their maximum enjoyment. Now that I've P.O.'ed a couple hundred of you I will go ahead and crawl off and die like I'm sure you want me to.
Dr.good

I completely Agree!

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Aug 22, 10 7:54 AM
Bboo2 wrote:Well, I tried and I bought. I am at stand still on the lock on the brief case in the plant lab. I a paper with 3 chemicals on them but just what way are they put in the code to open the brief case?
They game has been totally different from others but it is enjoyable to play.
If some one finds the code for the brief case I sure would like to know.
Thanks and happy gaming.

~Spoiler Alert~ The combination is the number of the elements on the elemental chart: helium, bromine, and oxygen. I know that the one with the number 35 goes in the middle, the other numbers are two and 8 but I don't remember which one goes on either side..it's either 2358 or 8352...hope that helps.

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Aug 22, 10 8:01 AM
I guess I'm one of the few outsiders today that really like this game. It's different, yes, but fun nonetheless. The length looks pretty good too, I only freed 3 of the 10 animals during my hour trial. The initial game does load slowly but after that I had no trouble with gameplay, glitches, or crashes. I live here in Washington State and 'bigfoot' is a well-known name around these parts. It's a buy for me...plus, you don't HAVE to feed the animals unless you want to recharge your hints or need more faster. It's optional. Have a great day all...happy gaming

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Aug 22, 10 8:14 AM
Aha, I'm liking this game so far.
It's an off the beaten path type of I-HOG rather than your Run-Of-The-Mill-Worn-Out-Find-Your-Lost-Grampy-In-Cairo-300-Years-Ago-With-....well, you get the picture.
Refined Hoggers will not like this game.
Elitist Adventurers might get a shallow kick out of it.
Eclectic gamers (like me) that don't necessarily thrill to much HOG may give this one a trial just because it offers quite a lot of huh ? do what ? wha'for ? where it at ? Gimme my cookie ! moments.

Go to: