Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Veronica and the Book of Dreams

[Post New]by Zobig on Aug 23, 10 1:24 PM
Thanks guys for the reviews on Veronica, I was going to try the game but won't use my coupon.

Around the World in 80 Days (this one gets so difficult at the end but I played the game twice is challenging not having a timer. But got through to the end twice decided to play the game again but it is much more difficult and very challenging and am stuck and my life are being used up I have put it to rest and will play maybe sometime later when I get bored.

Another MP3 game I like a lot is, Call of Atlantis , great game and challenging, I love it.

More and more I don't buy games that have no timer and no choice, I like to decide how I would like to play the game in what mode. since it is me who I have to please and no one else..

Developers please give us the choice !

Thank for suggestions Patricia
10 Talismans , Age of Japan 2 and Cradle of Rome, I will try them.

Thanks for the reviews.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 23, 10 2:01 PM
My two favorite match-3 challenging games are Cradle of Rome and Caribbean Hideaway; I've played Caribbean Hideaway through four times so far and I'm still not sick of it.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 23, 10 2:14 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:
ADDED: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Basic problem, cursor arrow was operating one inch or so below where it should have been so it was impossible to play. Used both computer and custom cursors and it was the same. Interestingly, the buttons at the very top, "back" and "menu" worked so I don't know that it was my computer.

it wasn't your computer - i had the same issue and so have a few others who comments in the tech thread... i think this was a game mechanics issue that simply never got resolved through QA...

and since i had oh-so-much luck with the cursor battle, i didn't even finish the first level... so, not much time lost there!

sweet dreams!

Player999
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Player999 on Aug 23, 10 3:30 PM
Unfortunately this was a "get tomorrows game today" offering so it will be the main offering for tomorrow. I agree with everthing stated in previous comments. I too am tired of HOG's and hoped this would be a refreshing change. But alas, t'was not to be. I'm pretty patient with games and will generally slog my way thru the hour trial even with a bad game. But this one I stopped after 15 minutes. I sometimes wonder if anyone at Big Fish actually tries these games out before offering them to their customers. Or maybe they do and just think they can throw anything at us and we'll be grateful.

[Post New]by daphnemarie2 on Aug 23, 10 3:43 PM
Veronica doesn't do anything for me either.
I do enjoy the 7 wonders and animal riddle type games, however. I would love to see more of these.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Aug 23, 10 4:41 PM
Thanks to those who recommended good M3 games! This one doesn't do a thing for me, but I've downloaded and tried Around The World in 80 Days and Age of Japan 2 and love both of them. Thanks again!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Aug 23, 10 4:52 PM
I too hadd the same problem goofyduck. Sounds like the makers of this game have ALOT of work to do....

goofyduck77 wrote:I love match 3 games so downloaded this one without thinking about it. First problem, after putting in my name, clicked about a 100 times to get it to take it and then noticed that the "ok" bar lit up when the mouse cursor was about a half inch below the bar. Then got to the main menu and again had to click about an inch below "quest" before it would work. Then it popped up the little instruction window and it didn't matter where I clicked, above, below, and about a 1,000 clicks all over the window, the box, the screen, everywhere, and it wouldn't go. Nothing. Couldn't get past it to even look at the first level, much less play it.

So far it doesn't seem as though it is all that great but I would at least like to try it to see for my self. Very disappointing.

ADDED: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Basic problem, cursor arrow was operating one inch or so below where it should have been so it was impossible to play. Used both computer and custom cursors and it was the same. Interestingly, the buttons at the very top, "back" and "menu" worked so I don't know that it was my computer.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Aug 23, 10 5:43 PM

A list of great 3M games would not be complete without
Emerald Tale

Angel

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Aug 23, 10 6:29 PM
Have to agree with the other reviewers. Thumbs down on this one.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 23, 10 6:46 PM
Some more M3 Games which are at the top of my list:
Deep Blue Sea (the first one)
The Rise of Atlantis (similar to 80 days, but more relaxing)
Heroes of Hellas I and II
Quest for Saqarrah

Not really straight M3, but good anyway:
Sparkle

Of course ANY game would be better than this one!!!!

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

The Opposite of Fun

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Aug 23, 10 9:12 PM
More Mangled English (Manglish?) spoken here. This game was totally uninspired...something bored 15 year olds might create...bored, non-English speaking teenagers at that. The cursor was markedly unresponsive, so that moves required click click clicking...tried to shop, clicked BUY but nothing happened...left after two rounds. Ugh. Zero out of Five stars, don't waste the download.

Your Comments and Reviews for Veronica and the Book of Dreams

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Aug 23, 10 9:29 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Veronica and the Book of Dreams? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 24, 10 5:50 AM
Initially the game was running in serious slo-mo. After trying uninstall and reinstall and opening and closing the game manager, I found that the problem resolution was to run the game in windowed mode rather than in full screen. (This is not the only game I'm having full screen issues with currently, so I guess I should look yet again for driver updates.)

That was the only tech issue I noticed with the game when I played it.

I think this game has something to do with jello wrestling with ghoulies??? (- the game pieces have the texture of jello jigglers lol).

There's a fair number of things going on - match the ghoulies, clear the brown background tiles, drop the gems, meters on both the right and left sides that are affected by your plays, but I have no idea really how to work those... I managed to win all the levels except the one right before my trial ended. The boss spider battle before that one got tedious, and had a negative effect on my interest in this game.

If this were a daily deal, I'd be curious enough to buy it. I'll put it in my "may buy" file in case I feel I simply *must* buy a new match 3 to play, but lately I've been totally hooked on TM's and daily deals. I demo many others, but buy few - but with 10 punch card coupons to use before the end of September, I'm not ruling out anything lol.

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 6:01:06 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 24, 10 5:56 AM
Rule one on download games - if tech issues are adversely affecting your gameplay, stop playing until you've tried resolving those. They do not magically fix themselves while you play - certainly not if you're already past the intro stuff.

My fix for this game was to take it out of full screen and run it windowed. My problem was it was running in serious slo-mo, not this cursor thing, so don't know if that solution would help any of the rest of ya's.

Tech issues and game design are 2 different things, in my opinion. Of course a game sucks if it's not running right, but that is no evaluation of the game itself. Not that I have any particular feelings about this game's inherent quality.

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 5:58:40 AM PST

[Post New]by MsMistah on Aug 24, 10 6:12 AM
I downloaded, uninstalled, again and again and it would not work right. Apparently, from all of the above comments, it isn't worth it.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Aug 24, 10 8:53 AM
I like to play mostly IHOG games, but I like a M3 or puzzle game that I can return to when I want an IHOG break. And I was hoping that M3 fans would be getting a good game for a change. I thought that this would be an interesting game, but I agree with all the other reviews. This was a terrible game and I won't even bother to finish the demo before installing.

[Post New]by mebugs on Aug 24, 10 9:26 AM
I have been waiting for a match three or marble popper for quite some time. After giving "this" less than 5 minutes I find myself still waiting...
There has been an evasion of hidden object games which is another favorite of mine but they are either 'dark' or bloody murders and such, nothing fun and whimsical like 'Road Trip' or Dream Day'. I am in my late 40's and am desparate for a non bloody, PG type of game.
Oh and _Angel_angel, if spelling and or grammar were a stipulation to writing a comment here, well then I would probably be in a huge coporate setting making 6+ digits but alas I am here with you....

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 10:54:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Aug 24, 10 11:02 AM
I'm normally a fan of M3s but this tryout ended up being uninstalled after the third round.
The graphics and cursor hotspots do not match up. I should have known this was going to be a problem child when it took a lot of clicking and screaming just to turn down the music from the Options menu.
Instead of starting on the first page of Veronica's diary, the second page was displayed upon starting the game, so I had to figure out that there was a previous page with the story's background from the beginning But, of course, I had to click BELOW the page turn arrows, not ON them to get to it. Sheesh....!
Gameplay was also frustrating as the cursor would sometimes not recognize my choice of tiles, go jittery and move nearby tiles instead.
The story-line text between games was downright hilarious. It read like a Halloween story written by a fifth grader.
Well, I'm back to playing Wizard Land, Alchemist's Apprentice,The Fishdoms and Ancient Quest of Saqqarah until some developer picks up the ball and comes up with something more professionally designed and beta-tested than 'Veronica'.

quetha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by quetha on Aug 24, 10 11:11 AM
Game was slow, simple, and very frustrated about cursor being almost 1/2 inch from actual target............pretty bad when you can't even get through the trial. BF, please try again!

nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nell50 on Aug 24, 10 1:23 PM
Cant even get to the game - the cursor is so appalling to try and get it to click on anyone. Quickest install and uninstall ever methinks!!

Go to: