SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Bee Garden

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 24, 10 1:49 PM
This game was unnecessarily nauseating!!!

The screen did not need to tilt and float so much - it made clicking on bumblebees a dizzying task. After the first enemy with multiple clicking, I had to shut the game down. It was just too "ughhhh"

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 24, 10 1:54 PM
Caselli wrote:The game is quite slow at the beginning, but it gets much-much faster later and there are power-ups that speed up bees and you can buy more bees, upgrades, etc.

Glad you liked it. For my part, it's not worth playing that long to get the powerups as I would need some seasick pills if I play beyond level 2.

[Post New]by LadyKailani on Aug 24, 10 2:14 PM
I have just downloaded the 60-minute trial, after expecting to possibly purchase it if it met my standards for a good TM game. Now, I am deleting it off my system and about to lie down and try to recover from the trauma of this playing experience. I wanted to like this game, but between the wobbling screen and downward-looking perspective, it left me sickeningly dizzy. Not many games have left me with the feeling that somebody laced my Diet Pepsi with Vodka, but this one was intoxicating, and not in a good way! This, unfortunately, is one game that should have been far more extensively tested before its release. It should come with a warning: "Do not operate heavy machinery after playing this game"!

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 2:18:58 PM PST

[Post New]by TimeManagerJill on Aug 24, 10 2:51 PM
I don't understand people who're getting seasick from this game. The camera is moving slowly a bit, but don't you ever played a 3D game?
I suggest to try the game in windowed mode and/or turning off the High Resolution mode in the options!

I find the first 3-4 levels slow (maybe they are for unexperienced players), but later it's well paced and fun!

The bees are moving a bit slowly, but you can increase their number. That makes the game a real time management. Things are not happening instantly. You have to be careful to order your bees to water the flowers first and do the other tasks later, otherwise your plants can dry out easily.

Now I'm only at the second garden (desert), but I'll continue playing the game tomorrow and will post my feelings...

Pugforce1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Pugforce1 on Aug 24, 10 3:50 PM
TimeManagerJill wrote:I don't understand people who're getting seasick from this game. The camera is moving slowly a bit, but don't you ever played a 3D game?

If you don't understand you don't suffer from motion sickness. I get that alot when I tell people I can't be a passenger in their car.
Also I do not, in fact, play any "3d" games where the camera moves with the mouse. If I cant have a steady camera option then it's a no go for me no matter the genre.
I really loved the concept but due to my motion sickness it's a no for me also.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 24, 10 4:47 PM
Just tried the demo on this game. It felt like I played for about half hour but I was surprised to see only 15 minutes had passed by the time I uninstalled.

Cute theme.

Dislikes: The pace of the game is too slow - especially for a time management game!

It was annoying to me that it didn't seem like you could really treat the plants in sets of three like you were planting them. There was always the odd flower out that the bees would return all the way back to their default position and then have to come back for, even though you issued the three commands all right in a row.

You could never really tell what you had control of (planting, watering, etc) because the cursor doesn't change to indicate which mode you're in.

The start and end of levels are not clear. Often, I'd look up and see the timer and think "oh am I supposed to be still going?"

The gameplay is just not fun.

Didn't particularly care for the clicking on the pest bugs that showed up.

Despite the slow nature of the game and that you have all the time in the world to do nothing but click on 3-5 flowers - one of my flowers died - talk about not having sufficient control of the game!

There is little to no challenge - except in dealing with the poor game controls.

Clicking on things is unprecise - sometimes you have to click things two or three times to get it to register - and in just the right spot.

Despite that the screen didn't bother me WHILE playing, afterward, I do have a slightly queasy feeling.

I don't think this game received much, if any, feedback from users during a beta test trial run, which I think it could have benefited GREATLY from. The graphics are gorgeous in this game but it seems like it's such a waste.

So, as you can tell from my 2 likes and LONG list of dislikes - I won't be purchasing this one. Shame as it's a cute theme and seemed promising otherwise.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 24, 10 5:38 PM
Caselli wrote:
rendur wrote:This game is such a disapointment and it didn't need to be! It needs to go back to the drawing board. You should be able to give those poor bees something to speed them up like bee pollen or coffee,something, ANYTHING.

There are:
- Relax Center Hive (with the Red roof)
- Lightning powerup

Thanks so much for some informed comments about this game. I get a little tired of folks playing a game for 5 minutes and then coming to the forums to rant about it.

Gemcats
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Gemcats on Aug 24, 10 5:42 PM
Uhmm hmmm ohh yeah sorry (shakes head) I'm still waking up after playing this game. Its so slow I was really falling asleep waiting on the bees to do something or a flower to grow or something! Even the little evil bee was boring. Sorry BFG this one is a big for me! ... off to get some coffee or something to wake me up!

[Post New]by sassyhall on Aug 24, 10 5:56 PM
I don't really care for the game. The bee's that were watering the plants move slow. If there is a technique to this game I couldn't find it. It would be a cool game if the bee's that were helping would move faster to get the job done. Or let me have control of everything.

Sincerely,

Sassy

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 24, 10 6:05 PM
I agree with all the above posts, really wanted this to fun, just what i was looking for.
But the bees are too slow to no matter fast or careful you click. Perhaps there is a piece of TM I am missing but to lose on the 3rd level? Never happen to me before. Why don't they let you water stuff yourself so everything does not die!

Too bad...no buy. Nice art though.

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Aug 24, 10 9:30 PM
My Review after 1 hour demo:

Here's the short version - was very excited to have a new type of game. I love gardening theme games
However, the gameplay was so sluggish, it's disappointing. The cursor moved slowly and so do the bees... except the bumblebees (pests you need to kill). Those bumblebees keep moving around and the cursor just can't keep up.

There was too much clicking to do, too - with multiple clicks needed to kill pests, having to harvest, weed, replant, water. I can see having this in more advanced levels, but in the first farm? It was too much too soon. I'm good at multi-tasking (I'm a mom!) but this was ridiculous!

The upgrades were few and far between. The game could use faster or more bees, faster ways to water plants or earn rain clouds, and maybe a better way to fight pests.

It was also difficult to tell what orders were needed - you have to watch the honey jars on the conveyor belt.

I do like that you can find rain drops and peas to get extra water and seeds; however, it was slow moving around the screen trying to find them in addition to having to click on everything else. I would much prefer to have upgrades I can earn or buy, or maybe just one hidden item to find.

I would have liked to buy this, esp. with the sale going on, but I feel this will end up being too frustrating. Gonna pass on this one.

Eventually
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Eventually on Aug 24, 10 11:37 PM
Glad I came and read all of your comments, was going to give this game a try, won't bother now. thanks

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on Aug 25, 10 12:08 AM
shoelesshs wrote:The cursor moved slowly.

Try to turn off custom cursors, high resolution mode or both. (And increase the mouse speed in windows if neccessary.)

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 12:08:54 AM PST

[Post New]by TimeManagerJill on Aug 25, 10 12:33 AM
Pugforce1 wrote:
If you don't understand you don't suffer from motion sickness. I get that alot when I tell people I can't be a passenger in their car.

I suffer from motion sickness, I can't play 1st person games. Hopefully Bee Garden's slow camera movement is bearable for me.

Vanadvindun
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Vanadvindun on Aug 25, 10 7:07 AM
Six minutes of demo play, and I'm seasick. Who ever thought up that moving screen? Even the menu screens float in and out on you. Too much for me. This can't possibly have been beta tested.

And if the motion sickness doesn't get you, the absolutely irritating electronic noise (aka "music" on their options page) would finish you off.

A HUGE THUMBS DOWN!

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Aug 25, 10 9:34 AM
I had another issue besides the slow movement and the floating screen that I have not seen mentioned here. Every time I would click on the raincloud or on a bumblebee, the worker bees would freeze for 10 seconds or more. It took them forever to get back to work. They would not work at all during the rainstorm. I failed level 3 because of this, and I am very experienced in TM games.

Mannolo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mannolo on Aug 25, 10 9:40 AM
I really like this game! Yes, it's slow at first, but I could have learned, how to play. Then it became really fast!!! I love those glowing flowers, especially at rain and at night!!!
The places are nice, and the bee-conversations are also funny I can't wait to continue playing this game! The challenges are simple, but challenging!!

[Post New]by TimeManagerJill on Aug 25, 10 2:06 PM
bethjudy wrote:I had another issue besides the slow movement and the floating screen that I have not seen mentioned here. Every time I would click on the raincloud or on a bumblebee, the worker bees would freeze for 10 seconds or more. It took them forever to get back to work. They would not work at all during the rainstorm. I failed level 3 because of this, and I am very experienced in TM games.

Weird, I haven't experienced that issue. Only the watering tasks are cancelled in rain (because the rain does the watering), but the bees are jumping to the next given command immediately (if there is any).

Caselli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Caselli on Aug 25, 10 11:50 PM
TuffTadpoles wrote:As far as the speed of the bees is concerned, I saw no problem with that aspect. In fact, it adds a bit of strategy to the game as opposed to just a simple frantic click-fest. You need to choose the order of your tasks carefully; when to use the rain cloud, etc. Do you spend time looking for rain cloud and pea pod parts, defeating garden pests, or planting and watering the flowers? There's a little more to think about in this game. It definitely gets challenging later on and I had no time to worry about the speed of the bees.

I absolutely agree with you. Many different tactics and gardening styles can be successful. Really interesting gameplay, especially after the cactus and the rose are unlocked!

Usually TM games have only one character running around and doing all tasks. First it was a bit weird that the bees are working simultaneouslty, but basically the result is the same:
Bees are trying to do the given tasks one after the other, and they are much more successful when there are more of them. I really like how my 6 bees are flying around and doing their jobs.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Aug 26, 10 7:27 AM
Like quite a few others, I'm really enjoying the game. I can't take those 360 games either but it really wasn't that bad in Bee Garden. After a little play I didn't even notice. Love the graphics! Love the novel approach to the garden TM theme. I played about half of the demo yesterday and looking forward to playing the remainder with a good chance of buying.

Thanks to those who posted positive feedback: gimmegames, caselli, Catghost, TimeManagerJill, Mannolo and TuffTadpole. After reading your remarks I thought, ''Oh, yeah, this is gonna be fun and really better with levels.'' If it weren't for you, I'd have walked on by.

Thanks, too, to developer, AlderGames, for joining in on another thread. We love that and it's always helpful to both you and us.

Asierrahiker, you sound like me. If you happen by again, looks like the game is worth a try after all.

Go to: