Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by TerriHaute on Aug 25, 10 8:44 AM
Ambermese wrote:I love this game
Initially I got MKftP 1 for my Grandkids, but ended up playing it myself and loving it , so I was looking forward to a new one

I bought MKftP 2 before I even downloaded it , and im definately not disappointed I did

Same here. I have played the first game over and over. I was so happy to see the second one that I used a game credit and bought it without even bothering with the free trial or looking at the demo. The only thing that would make me happier is a Monster Mash 2!

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Aug 25, 10 9:09 AM
I loved the first one and I am crazy about the second one. They both have relplayability. I have replayed the first one more than I care to admit to and I can see that the second one will be no different. I've already played this for 2 hours and if it wasn't for the fact that I am starving, I would still be playing it. As it is, I will go get some food then play it for most of the rest of the day. I'm not sure how well I will be able to move when I am done (not as young as I use to be) but it will be well worth it. Have fun fishies! 5 thumbs up! This game is awesome and well worth the wait!

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Aug 25, 10 10:52 AM
So excited about this game. I loved the first one, played it over and over again. I am usually a Hidden Object and Adventure kind of game player, but this one is so unique and great fun!

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 25, 10 11:20 AM
Let me be honest here. I absolutely s**k at TM games. I've tried a few & never even completed the demo. When the first came out there were so many great reviews I just had to try it. I LOVED it! My first castle (and that's being very kind) was horrible, but I replayed levels until I got mostly gold. I was so excited when I read in Mudrock's thread that this was being released.

At the very least, demo these games. I bet you'll be surprised!

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 25, 10 12:59 PM
I very much enjoyed the first "My Kingdom for the Princess." That being said, I dislike (vehemently) timed games. I did not have a problem, however, with completing all the levels. They weren't gold on all the levels, but I did enjoy the game in any case. Gold did not matter to me.

After playing 55 minutes of "My Kingdom for the Princess II" I discovered that I was really fretting about finishing. And, the last level I played I could not finish in time. I did not have a problem zapping all those little hornets in a previous level.

I'm glad I played the demo before buying. In spite of my enthusiasm for the first game, this one leaves me cold. Fast heartbeat, "Will I get done in time?" and that makes it a no buy for me.

I would enjoy this game if it provided more time, or simply awarded gold for finishing in a specific time. That is why I think I enjoy the Farm Frenzy games. Work for the gold, yeah, but don't kill the level because time ran out.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Aug 25, 10 1:15 PM
Chi, this game doesn't 'kill' the level if you don't finish in 'gold flag' time. You just get a silver shield. I don't know what happens if time runs out completely as I haven't been that bad on any level. I've missed out on gold on quite a few. Maybe I should try losing a level completely, just to see what happens.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Aug 25, 10 1:50 PM
If the level is not finished when time runs out one cannot proceed to the next level. I guess I've just been "that bad."

Edited on 08/25/2010 at 1:50:39 PM PST

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Aug 25, 10 1:57 PM
Much to my dismay I thoroughly enjoyed the original MKftP. (I don't normally like this type.) So I was excited after reading Mudrock's list for this week. I too am left feeling a little cold on this one though. The first glaring issue was the cut scene of Arthur and Helen...what the heck happened to the cute characters?! Now they are just anorexic teenagers in barely there clothes! I found that very disappointing. I loved the adorable cut scenes in the first game but these were just a pathetic attempt to throw some S-E-X into the mix.
I truly thought this sequel would have the enjoyable gameplay of the first (which it does) but enough creativity and uniqueness to justify a second game. Far as I can tell they just copied and pasted a lot of game screens (or at least it looks that way) and added a couple twists (baddies and helpers). They couldn't even be bothered to change the word "castle" to "town" for the "you've expanded your..." bit. And I'm with everyone else who can't stand that new voice. It's no where near as charming as the original narrator and it's constant and annoying throughout the game with no way to turn it off.
I don't know if I'm going to spend money on this one...it kinda bummed me out.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Aug 25, 10 2:05 PM
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!

Haven't been this happy about a 2nd game coming out in ages. Hadn't been up with the news so it was such a surprise to me!

Just loved the first one. Still missing some of the gold levels but I'll get them someday. Haven't yet run out of time on this one but I have had to redo to get the gold. It's not that hard to modify your playing to get a tighter time and on some levels if there are things you don't have to do at all in order to finish, youcan just leave them behind.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 25, 10 2:38 PM
This is a great game with good replay value. I hope the developers will make another one. Some levels seem a little harder to get expert compared to first one but just finished the game and got all expert.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Aug 25, 10 5:22 PM
If you've ever been afraid of time management, try this game. For people like me, whose first love is not tm, this game is wonderful. Number one got me hooked, and this sequel does not disappoint.

I especially liked that a lot of the same elements, gameplay, graphics, music, are similar to the first MKFTP. But some added elements...timers for produced food and wood, developer's high score. I like games that have levels you can replay to better your score.

The only negative, and it's teensy-weensy, is the change between modern wear and medieval. And the WASPS! I had to stop there, my wrist is killing me. lol.

Will definitely be buying this one. AND if you've never tried time management, try this one.

[Post New]by swamplady65 on Aug 25, 10 5:53 PM
Loved the first one and enjoyed the second one up until whacking the bees, I can't get past it and 50 bees is ridiculous, ruining the whole game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 25, 10 6:20 PM
I loved the first game and like this game too. It has also great replay value, its a buy for me

djeddy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by djeddy on Aug 25, 10 6:53 PM
I agree with QElll.....
I enjoyed part one and figured part two will be even better. It was till I got to the hornets.
I tried and the best was 40. I uninstalled the game. Too bad as it would have been a good game! They should have made the hornets an option.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Aug 25, 10 7:33 PM
Just like so many of you have expressed, I usually can't stand time management games and avoid them always. My favorites are always IHOM or adventure and an occasional match 3 for relaxing. However, I happened upon the first MK for the Princess a couple of months ago and just loved it! I had been trying to make up my mind whether or not to buy the first one and now this second one arrives? Such a predicament I'm in.....would I really be crazy enough to buy both at the same time? Well, just maybe.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 25, 10 7:48 PM
Great game - with a lot of additional challenges. Essentially the same game as the originally but with some new, cool features added in such as the hunting shack that houses yet another worker at your disposal. The mini games are different - there is one that is pretty much like whack-a-hornet. I think I preferred the gold rush from the original to this but I'm all for change. I did enjoy the boat mini game as well where you have to collect coins without bashing your boat against too many obstacles. I like the added storyline to this game, I don't remember there being quite as much in the original. I could easily sit and play this game all night long. Not sure if I want to do that as I'd like to save some for later. Appears to be good length to the game - there are desert lands, ice lands, greenlands, and what appears to be farmland to make your way through. I do think the graphics have been improved upon and this time your castle seems even more deluxe than in the first one. Bought this game without even thinking about demo'ing. Knew it would be that good!

For those who can't get through the hornet levels - I'm not sure I see what is different than clicking all over the screen on obstacles to clear than hornets except that you don't know exactly where they are spawning from. The person who said park your hammer in front of the shack to get through seems to be on to a good tip. Also, there IS a castle - if you watch closely, the game shows you the faint outline of the finished product repeatedly. I think people are getting confused at the beginnings of the building as it's so barren initially. The cheered "Let them eat cake!"

I don't mind the voice of the narrator at all. I wish my worst problem in the world was getting so stressed out over something so trivial. Personally, I prefer the sound of the narration to the sound of complaining.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 26, 10 1:28 AM
I was so pleased to see the new version of MKFTP and bought it after the trial. I am so disappointed now and wish I hadn't wasted my money. The mini-games are truly awful; I can't get past the wolf bashing level so the rest of the game is unplayable. The level is hard enough as it is and in my opinion the developers have overdone the whole game. The first one was such fun to play; I spent hours and hours trying to improve my scores! Apart from the first island I have struggled to finish the levels on silver, never mind gold. Too many things to do, too many extra characters, far too much going on to make it fun. It's just become stressful. And the voice over is really getting on my nerves.

Without a skip button the game is ruined for me because I can't finish one level.

[Post New]by easedstarling on Aug 26, 10 6:27 AM
I echo many of the sentiments (both positive and negative) of others here. Love the new game and I'm having a lot of fun playing! The addition of the resource timers is a big bonus and also enjoying the new power-ups.

I'm rather ambivalent on the mini-games. On the one hand I think they are a lot more engaging than the lame ones that were included in the original. However, I do wish they had the option to skip the mini-game if you chose too.

Also as others have mentioned, I find the narrator annoying. Wish you could just turn that off and without turning off the other sound effects/music. I also wish they would include an option for turning off hints so if you choose to replay the game under another name you don't have to go through the tutorial features again -- this was a complaint I had with the original as well.

Even with the limitations, I think this is an awesome game that can provide hours of fun.

[Post New]by Sinkrad on Aug 26, 10 10:16 AM
I maybe want to buy this game, but first I want to know how they made it, because I’m also a developer and most of the time I play while testing my own projects. And if this game was made with Adobe Air then it will almost certainly interfere with my own project testing.

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Aug 26, 10 12:29 PM
I'll buy pretty much any TM game that comes on BFG (if it doesn't absolutely stink) so of course I bought this one. I wasn't as crazy about the first one as most here are but it was entertaining. I think what drives me crazy is having to wait for the workers to run all the way back to their shack before they can do anything else. I'm far too impatient for that.

I do love the strategy involved in these games. (I have to admit I never finished the first one because MKftP's gameplay gets a tad tedious for me after awhile. I know I'm definitely not in the majority on this.)

I never like mini-games inside TM games (they ruin the flow for me) but these are pretty much the worst ever. The whacking games are just boring & the flying-through-obstacles-collecting-coins games are super easy & like Galaga without being able to shoot. I don't need games to "mix it up" for me. I want to stay "in the groove".

I only thank heavens they weren't Hidden Object mini games. Those make me nuts. Or more nuts, I should say.

EDIT: I take it back about the easiness of the "flying" mini games. I cannot get through the one at the end of the third island so that pretty much ends the game for me. I only got to play 60% of the game! I still have two islands left & no way to get there.

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 7:51:10 AM PST

Go to: