12angels
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any My Kingdom for the Princess II technical issues here only

[Post New]by 12angels on Aug 27, 10 11:31 AM
Unikwa wrote:Can someone please advise how to fix the bass.dll 998 error? This game runs fine on my other two computers, but not the office one and it is soooo frustrating

This is the same error i am getting on more than just this game. try uninstalling and reinstalling thats helped a couple of times but not on this one so far. Its been happening since the new download manager

12angels
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by 12angels on Aug 27, 10 11:37 AM
Unikwa wrote:Can someone please advise how to fix the bass.dll 998 error? This game runs fine on my other two computers, but not the office one and it is soooo frustrating

This has been happening to me on several games. I'm not sure why it happenes but it does and some times when i uninstall and reinstall it fixes it but sometimes it doesnt so far on this game ive uninstalled 5 or 6 times and then reinstalled and it still hasnt helped.

[Post New]by sweeswee2003 on Aug 28, 10 8:23 AM
sweeswee2003 wrote:Help! I'm stuck on Level 3.6 with the snake charmer. There's a glitch; I've tried to play the level three times and the snake charmer manages to get rid of the snakes but when I try to take the buried treasure it says the path is blocked. Same with the last two rocks before the exit. So my workers sit glum in their house, waiting for nightfall, waiting to fail. Again.

Okay, so I got past it after reloading a few times, now on the last chapter and it's happening again. So it seems like something I can get past eventually, but annoying.

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Aug 29, 10 6:59 AM
The game has been working just fine until this morning. Have been trying for 2 hours now to start it. I can get to the title screen where it says "click anywhere to begin" -- but as soon as I do that, it shuts down. This happens when starting it from the BF Game Manager and from my desktop. HELP!

Boone1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

MKftPII - Technical issue - makes another BF game unplayable

[Post New]by Boone1940 on Sep 2, 10 1:45 PM
Love this game; however, once it's played, it removes Bookworm Deluxe from the Game Manager and won't let it play again.
I've uninstalled and re-installed Bookworm Deluxe more than once, and still have the same bizarre problem. All the other games I've tried work (I've only tried a couple since Bookworm and My Kingdom are the ones played most often), so this seems to be a game specific problem.

The error message I keep getting is: "A game update is currently in progress for this game. Please wait for the update to complete, and then try to play this game again. Check the 'In Progress' tab to watch the progress of this update."

That would be fine, except there is no game update going on, and the update notification never goes away.

Hope you can help. Thanks for the other MKftPII game updates - they really help!

[Post New]by dlong86 on Sep 2, 10 5:12 PM
On level 4.5 I can update the warehouse 3 times. It does not add the amount of resources you can collect. Great game, thanks.

[Post New]by MAlbright on Sep 3, 10 10:18 AM
This is so frustrating. Is there no real solution?

I keep getting the missing bass.dll error when I try to play this game.
I did all the things that the help files recommended and tried the work around suggested earlier in this thread.

I was finally able to play this game for a couple of days.
The update came available so I updated the game and was finally able to get past the wolves. Yeah!

I am at the second to the last level of this game and now I am getting the bass.dll error message again!!!

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Redid the work around. Restarted my computer over and over again and STILL cannot access this game.

Obviously this is not a problem with my computer since I was able to play it, almost to the end, before I was unable to access it again.

I have had this problem with other games but a restart of my computer always solved the problem. Not this time.

BigFishGames needs to figure this out before they lose all their customers. Who is going to continue to pay for games that they are unable to play?

I wrote to support for help with this and they sent me the same information that is found in their help files. I already used those ideas before I wrote to them and I told them this when I wrote for additional help. They did not send additional help, only the same stuff that did not work. I have two computers, OS - Vista and XP. The problem is the same on both computers.

If anyone has come up with any real solutions, please post it here. I really want to finish this game and I am so, so very close...

Thanks!

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Sep 4, 10 1:13 PM
I wrote to customer service, but as it's the weekend, I'm not sure when I'll hear back, so I'm posting here in case someone has a solution....

Ever since I installed the update, the game won't save. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling, but for some reason it remembers what level I was on, my profile, everything... and when I play, it won't save.

I even tried deleting my profile, creating a new one, and playing under that, but when I exit the game, the new profile is gone and the old one is back, and yes, I still can't save the game.

Any idea where the saved game is being stored on my computer so I can go delete it and attempt a truly fresh install?

Thank you!

[Post New]by Unikwa on Sep 4, 10 3:57 PM
Ok so now I KNOW the bass.dll problem is definately to do with Big Fish.

I downloaded MKFTPII from another site and had NO problems playing it.

Pick up your game Big Fish - NOT HAPPY

eulea76
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by eulea76 on Sep 6, 10 5:26 PM
I understand there is an update for this game to make it possible to by pass the mini games between the islands. I am on a MAC and have reinstalled the game twice but it still won't let me past the mini game. Is there some preference or something else I need to do to get this to work?

Thank you.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Sep 6, 10 10:05 PM
With the base.dll error wait until BF is open and then use the instant message from the help screen. I had this problem with another game and they were able to walk me through changing some computer settings. The customer service rep stayed with me until the problem was fixed.

With the other problems people are having. My game manager has updated itself three times during the last week. Now things are working fine. I guess there was a glitch in the first update. (It is a little anoying since I'm on dial-up and it takes a while.)

The game plays much better once you download the new version of MKPII. That also took awhile

Good luck

eulea76
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by eulea76 on Sep 9, 10 6:52 PM
My game still will not move past the mini game. I have trashed the preferences both from the Preference folders in my HD and my home folders. I trashed the game. Emptied the trash. Reinstalled the game and my progress in the game is still there. I can't get the game to move me to the next level. What do I need to do to fix this. I'm on a MacBook Pro

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Sep 10, 10 12:55 AM
I found glitches on a couple of levels, but Level 2.6 has several. I think this is the one where you have to pick flowers. I had to build two swinging bridges to get to the place where the flowers are. After I built the first bridge, it wouldn't let me build the second one; it kept saying "the path is blocked". I exited and played again; this time when I was clearing trees from the path, I got the same message; it wouldn't let me clear any more trees. I exited the game, restarted my computer, came back, and this time it worked.

On a couple of levels, the game got stuck; the little guys weren't moving. I just kept clicking on them, and finally they started again. Annoying; I don't remember these problems with the first version.

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Sep 12, 10 10:45 AM
I'm having an issue with the game. It plays fine. However, one level where you need to clear a bunch of rocks it won't go above 20 gold. You collect it and your mine is making it, but 20 is the limit. Is this part of the level? Because it sucks. You need to clear about 8 piles of rocks at 17 gold each and the gold doesn't build up fast enough between clearing the rocks. If the stockpile of gold doesn't go higher than 20 it makes the goal impossible to meet.

Post any My Kingdom for the Princess II technical issues here only

[Post New]by melanie5529 on Oct 30, 10 10:47 PM
is anyone having issues with level 2.9? th exit is blocked like in all levels however, when i get to the boulders, it keeps nsaying path is blocked? theres no other blocks but the boulders, have failed it alot do to this, please advise asap! ty

Edited on 10/30/2010 at 10:50:54 PM PST

Post any My Kingdom for the Princess II technical issues here only

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Nov 23, 10 12:11 AM
melanie5529 wrote:is anyone having issues with level 2.9? th exit is blocked like in all levels however, when i get to the boulders, it keeps nsaying path is blocked? theres no other blocks but the boulders, have failed it alot do to this, please advise asap! ty

I am having that same error randomly in different levels of the game. The path is so obviously NOT blocked. One day I can get all the way through it with no problems, next day the dang path is blocked.......but in an entirely different area than the day before......not at all happy with this game.

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Nov 23, 10 12:12 AM
MzShel wrote:I'm having an issue with the game. It plays fine. However, one level where you need to clear a bunch of rocks it won't go above 20 gold. You collect it and your mine is making it, but 20 is the limit. Is this part of the level? Because it sucks. You need to clear about 8 piles of rocks at 17 gold each and the gold doesn't build up fast enough between clearing the rocks. If the stockpile of gold doesn't go higher than 20 it makes the goal impossible to meet.

Is there a warehouse? If not, it will not go above 20.

[Post New]by dazerazer on Nov 27, 10 11:45 AM
On level 4.6 I have built all the buildings and it says "path is blocked" when trying to kill the pirates. All of them. I am positive the paths are complete and have played it three times to check. Any help would be great.

ewartman
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ewartman on Jan 30, 11 7:52 AM
PhaedrasPhantasy wrote:
MzShel wrote:I'm having an issue with the game. It plays fine. However, one level where you need to clear a bunch of rocks it won't go above 20 gold. You collect it and your mine is making it, but 20 is the limit. Is this part of the level? Because it sucks. You need to clear about 8 piles of rocks at 17 gold each and the gold doesn't build up fast enough between clearing the rocks. If the stockpile of gold doesn't go higher than 20 it makes the goal impossible to meet.

Is there a warehouse? If not, it will not go above 20.

Yep, level 2.5 I played for hours thinking I was just bad at it. I don't think there is a warehouse...I have played this level sooooo many times!!

It's just stingy with the gold

[Post New]by 2crafty on May 2, 11 11:57 PM
Is anyone having a problem with the warehouse Not working no matter how many times you upgrade it. I contacted customer service about there being a programming problem with the warehouse. The reply stated that no one else has reported any such a problem. I did everything they told me to and it still does not work. The warehouse never gives me the resources it is supposed to. Makes it very hard to get a gold on the levels that have the warehouse. I will contact them once again, but I do need to know if anyone else is having the same problem. Thanks.

Go to: