shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 26, 10 5:50 AM
When someone has finished the game, will you clue us in to how long it is (if I remember right the first Reincarnations was quite short) and how much bonus game play you get with the CE?

Thx !!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Reincarnations: Uncover the Past Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 26, 10 5:56 AM
What a treat to open my email and discover the new price listings. I'm now much more receptive to the CEs.
BF remains the best game site out there!!!
Looking forward to DLing Reincarnations 2. Does anyone yet have an idea of the length? That is always a major factor with me.

Off to play......

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Aug 26, 10 6:19 AM
I Don't have the first Reincarnations game. Do you think I should play that first?

[Post New]by kvakvs on Aug 26, 10 6:21 AM
kat1117 wrote:I Don't have the first Reincarnations game. Do you think I should play that first?

At least play the first free hour. It gives you the idea what's happening.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Aug 26, 10 6:33 AM

Coffee break time! So far I am having fun! The options are great and the game is working very smoothly. I have made it to the theater and searching around there. I am in the casual mode. I love the sense of humor of the remarks when you choose the wrong item for a puzzle. The colors are clear, the music is so so, the sound effects can be annoying, just turn them down and I love the price so I bought it right out. I thought I would share this with you.
Nana/Sal

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Aug 26, 10 6:48 AM
Liked the first game got this one price is great and 3 on the card way yo go BF.I am always the slow ones on these games like to take my time and look at every thing so they are most always long ones for me.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 26, 10 7:01 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:When someone has finished the game, will you clue us in to how long it is (if I remember right the first Reincarnations was quite short) and how much bonus game play you get with the CE?

Thx !!

Took me about 5 hours (give or take) in Advanced mode. Fantastic game. Loved every second of it. Still working on the bonus game, but I know it's going to take me at least two hours to finish.
A BIG thank you to BFG and the devs for bringing us this game (and as such a bargain!)
That's it, I'm of again charming an amulet out of a tiger.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 26, 10 7:15 AM
Thank you for the insight Catghost - I appreciate the info.

Happy gaming !!

shadowfax

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Aug 26, 10 7:29 AM
First, thank you BF for offering Club Members reduced CE prices. Appreciate it very much! I have played 30 mins. of Reincarnations and plan to buy it! I'm enjoying the variance of the challenges and look forward to spending several hours (if not more) playing my way through this fun game.

From what I have seen so far x 5 ...

Happy gaming and have fun everyone!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Aug 26, 10 7:36 AM
Thank you BFG for lowering the price of a CE !!! Since I enjoyed the first Reincarnations, this is a buy for me. Based on the demo, I played in casual mode. Challenge mode offers less sparkles, slower hint and skip recharge, misclick penalty longer in hidden object scenes. Custom cursor can be turned off. Skip option is available. Strategy guide can be accessed without having to go back to the main menu.

Graphics are good, no problem finding objects in unusually dark scenes. Hidden object scenes include additional things to do in order to complete the scene.
Yes, this is an IHOG with alot of back and forth. As a rule (for me), as soon as I find a tool and remember where I can use it, I go immediately back to that scene. I experienced no sluggishness at all moving to and fro.
Music didn't bother me at all and I always keep it on.
Puzzles are good and I haven't used the strategy guide, yet!
Don't know about length, as I was working on the first reincarnation when demo ended. For me, it'll probably be a good length.

Since a CE is still worth 3 punches, I'll get a punchcard code next month! One very satisfied customer here !!!!!!

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 4:48:52 PM PST

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Aug 26, 10 8:14 AM
I just lost the enthusiastic energy coming from this forum. Very exciting!
I know I will buy this game. Off to demo. Probably for like, 5 minutes. Then buying.
Oh happy day!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 26, 10 8:15 AM
Thanks Catghost for the info. That probably makes it a buy for me as I always play advanced also. 5+ hours is a bargain at the price.
Happy gaming fishies!

Saelihnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Saelihnne on Aug 26, 10 8:27 AM
I loved the first game in this series so I was very excited to see this as a CE. And the price! Thank you for reducing the prices on CE games!
The game runs fine for me, the graphics are clear and I don't mind the music, it seems to fit the theme well. This is exactly the type of HOG I enjoy, something to make you think instead of only digging through a junkpile of stuff.
Thanks ! This is a definite buy for me!

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 26, 10 8:28 AM
Thank you for the price reduction although I won't be buying this game because it's too full of HOGs. I just can't play another HOG right now because I'm so sick of them. Why does almost every new game have to have HOGs intertwined into them. Ever since the very first HOG came out the developers thought, what a neat way to sell games, we'll just put HOGs in every single game we make. Anyway, I've vented enough. So.... thanks but no thanks

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 26, 10 8:28 AM
Good clear graphics. No tiny objects in dark places. Lots of mini puzzles....oh yeah and $6.00 off the reg price of a CE. Tried it for 10 minutes and bought it. If Big Fish continues to deliver such good games I will go broke... but having alot of fun in the process.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Aug 26, 10 9:22 AM
This is a great game. The storyline is interesting, the objects aren't terribly hard to find and the puzzles are challenging.

With all of the good hidden object games BFG has released recently, I'll have two punch cards and my monthly game club purchase for next month.

[Post New]by peskypatty on Aug 26, 10 9:36 AM
THANK YOU BFG for making CE games less

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Aug 26, 10 10:03 AM
I don't mind going from one location to another and back again, but too many places and too much traveling around in circles and I will stop playing the game, even if I've already bought it. That's why I'm a little concerned with this one, but will demo it at least.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 26, 10 10:55 AM
Great game all around; made even greater by the new members pricing policy for CE games! Thanks !!

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 26, 10 11:06 AM
Love it, love it, love it. Thanks to BFG and VOGAT for such a wonderful game.

I am also appreciative of all who contribute to these forums. 43 (if you are wondering about the 43 insertion, the cat just jumped up on my keyboard and contributed her 43 cents worth.) She too, loves all of these games and helps me by planting herself on the desk - in front of the monitor - and makes guesswork out of what I am supposed to be finding.

Back to the subject at hand, the artwork is great and the puzzles are satisfying. Who could ask for more? BFG you are to be commended for the price changes and for making the CEs available to more of us. I will certainly be getting this one and looking forward to many more games in the future.

P.S. I did have to get a 2nd hard drive to hold the games and it took me about 3 days to transfer all (I hope) to the new drive. Now, I can defrag my C drive since the necessary 15% free was not available until I did this.

Pack Rat you say! I'll leave it to O'Henry to pose this one! As if there were any doubt!
And, I just became a lobster! Who knew?

Edited on 08/26/2010 at 11:10:41 AM PST

Go to: