Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Governor of Poker 2

[Post New]by montespeak on Sep 1, 10 10:01 AM
I'm stuck from Lubbock to Fort Stockton. I can't get to the cities with railroads. Anyone can help me go back to Amarillo or Arbilene?

I owned all cities from Lubbock to Galveston and from Witchita falls to Fort Stockton. But I can't find the way to get to railroads...Tip please!

bluesruley2k
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Robert in Tacoma.

[Post New]by bluesruley2k on Sep 5, 10 2:06 AM
Thank you! So it's NOT just ME! I figured that out a LONG time ago! Lots of great new extras in this game but, unless you have the patience to "fold & skip" all the time instead of actually play poker, you're probably never going to see them! Yes. I could tell the randomization is in the "who's gonna win" aspect as opposed to the "which card is dealt next" aspect. Totally PATHETIC! Doesn't take much to catch on to that one tho if you're paying attention. It's a shame! This could be such an AWESOME game, maybe even mainstream, if they'd just DO IT RIGHT!

[Post New]by chesherecat on Sep 13, 10 4:43 PM
Hi I have just bought this game after playing the first one.
I cant get the sound on it, plus when you call the other player raise jumps up 3 times the amount
is there a bug in this game.

[Post New]by ragqueeen9 on Sep 14, 10 12:32 PM
I play poker a little this game is annoying because you should be able to change seating, as I have noticed that certain characters win all time,so I think it is the seating
that is the winner.

It is irritating to keep skipping just so you can get a decent hand

[Post New]by halfmoon6666 on Sep 15, 10 2:04 AM
I beta tested the game and really liked it. In it there was reference to national parks and other items that are not in this game. Where are they. Also, some towns along the river are listed as having a riverboat. where is it?

[Post New]by flamegame on Sep 24, 10 8:11 PM
i finished this game in just over 365 virtual days to become govenor...awesome. i wish there was a results posting site so i could see how i matched up. i love the variance of tournaments...from full on bully bluffers to legitimate players betting to the cards dealt. it's as close to the real 'deal' as you can get. my wife was fully upset with my obsession with the game...the best value for money i've spent on a bigfish game.

[Post New]by flamegame on Sep 24, 10 8:16 PM
to get around the map you have to find the guys to play for a horse, a carriage and a car. then you can travel to the outback towns...you also have to buy the matching hats for the towns you play tournaments in. playing cash games will prepare you for the final showdown with the govenor but they are hard to master.

[Post New]by flamegame on Sep 24, 10 8:20 PM
you don't need to change seats...the buttons that are moved around the table effectively change your seat position...from dealer 'd' to small blind 'sb' half ante to big blind 'bb' full ante for that deal. its good that you are in the same position every game so you can focus on the other players around you...they give you hints to their betting strategies...fingers, steam, sweat...bluffing. its full on.

[Post New]by iamcindybug on Oct 8, 10 11:48 AM
i own both GOP games and find them VERY enjoyable. i love doing chip tricks and making my head "steam"! really like the "on fire" feature too. i wondered what the "fold & skip" button was for...now i know, but doubt i will ever use it...i just enjoy playing poker!

Edited on 10/08/2010 at 11:48:55 AM PST

Re:Governor of Poker 2

[Post New]by pixiechickshere on Jan 19, 11 7:21 AM
I loved this game, I do have 1 slight problem.
You win everything, All the Towns, all means of travel, car, train, stagecoach and beat the notorious players, win the gold mine, coppermine and it shows you the riverboat in 2 of the towns but you can never win the riverboat.
i have beated everyone having bought this game. so i think if you can win everything else why show a riverboat you can not win?
I won all aspects of this game and find it frustrating that it lacks the Riverboat after teasing you to travel to these towns where it is? not.
I love the poker part trying to outsmart the cheaters and bluffers i find amusing.
Can you tell I love it but wish you could have offered the Riverboat.
Can not wait for # 3 to come out!
Marie M - Texas

ucsarah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ucsarah on Jan 22, 11 5:49 PM
i know I should be figuring this out on my own, but can you tell me what particular tournaments to play to: find out where the notorious are, find the owner of the stagecoach (or train, of riverboat) in order to play tournaments with them? I'm stuck. Please help. Thanks for all the wise critiques.

ucsarah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ucsarah on Jan 27, 11 6:28 PM
I've been playing GOP2 for awhile, and I like it very much, but why the mystery? Much of the forum is crowded with questions about how to figure how what hat to buy, where to go, what to do, etc. Why not have a big board that tells you how you are doing, what levels you have to achieve, and where to achieve them? In my opinion it would make the game MUCH more fun, since we could concentrate on poker and not on trying to figure out the logic of the game.

[Post New]by MissJuniMoon on Jan 31, 11 3:33 PM
Start at the beginning a play ALL of the tournaments. Geeze! It is such a simple games. And I do WIN allot. Have over $100k right now and am working on the rest of the awards and trophy's. Have 5 left: Beat a player "on Fire", beat a player who is "steamy", go "All In against 3 players and win, "Need Chips" and win tourny. Oh, yeah, and "fold a really good hand." Yes, if you fold, the "tease" is the cards you would have needed to win are on the board, but so what. I play it with the same strategy that I use in Poker Super Star. And I call their bluff allot. And I laugh allot at the characters and their voices. This is a game. Please don't confuse it with a real poker game in Vegas.
Good Luck, Partners!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Feb 1, 11 11:25 AM
Know very little about playing poker, but I am willing to learn after playing this game. It is so much fun. Love the characters and the interaction. Downloaded Governor of Poker 1 and liked both. Will definitely know how to play poker, after playing both games and out wit the pros. Excellent graphics. Lov'in It.

[Post New]by lewesde on Feb 14, 11 12:16 PM
THERE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A RIVERBOAT IN FORT WORTH. THERE IS'NT.
THE ENTRY FEE FOR THE POKER GAME IN FORT WORTH IS USUALLY
AROUND 1500 DOLLARS. HOWEVER YOUR AMOUNT TO WAGER IS 500
DOLLARS LESS. CHECK IT OUT.

ucsarah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ucsarah on Mar 3, 11 9:27 PM
I'm up to over $1m in winnings, and have enjoyed the game a lot. But I think it is unconscionable not to inform people that the game they buy from BF is a limited version of the game. All these people on this site, for example, are searching for a way to get to the riverboat. Forget it. You need the premium game for that. And that's what I'm playing now. Shame on you Big Fish.

[Post New]by astamand3 on Apr 4, 11 2:01 PM
flamegame wrote:to get around the map you have to find the guys to play for a horse, a carriage and a car. then you can travel to the outback towns...you also have to buy the matching hats for the towns you play tournaments in. playing cash games will prepare you for the final showdown with the govenor but they are hard to master.

[Post New]by astamand3 on Apr 4, 11 2:05 PM
I have been unsuccesful in finding how to play against the Nortorious Players?
I once played against one of them on the stagecoach and nothing happened? it did not give me any credit for beating him?

[Post New]by BLACKBERRY1955 on May 1, 11 9:52 AM
I LOVE THE GAME BECAUSE I LOVE POKER . BUT HOW DOSE A 3 OF A KIND BEAT A FLUSH ON THE GAME WHEN A FLUSH IS HIGHER THAN A 3 OF A KIND? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME . THANK YOU BLACKBERRY1955

[Post New]by BLACKBERRY1955 on May 1, 11 10:01 AM
MY HUSBAND HAVE WON ALL OF THE CITYS ON THE GAME AND BEATEN THE GOVERNOR TO . BUT HE CAN'T FIND HOW TO PLAY FOR THE RIVERBOAT .CAN SOMEONE HELP. THANK YOU MISS.BLACKBERRY1955

Go to: