chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Post any Governor of Poker 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 7, 12 6:49 PM
Here's a technical issue for this bad game: why isn't there a manual or a read me file to check out all the explanations for this bad game? For Instance:
a) What good does reputation do for you in the game? Does it make a difference in how many crappy outcomes there are to the hands or make a difference in the frustration of completing the game in a somewhat timely fashion?
b) What in h-e-double hockey sticks is "Progress Silver"? It's on every medal you win yet you never get anything for it.
c) Why you can't collect property money while spending all that time traveling in the game from town to town!

Has anyone out there ever heard of a site where you can read the actual manual or read me file (not that I am expecting anyone to answer that question)?

[Post New]by TomB259 on Jan 19, 12 7:52 AM
LittleTexas wrote:I own all of the houses in the purple towns including Fort Worth, but with Fort Worth I am not getting credit for owning the town. Do I have to take 1st place in the tournament there before I win the town? Help! I have worked so hard to get where I am that I hate to think there is a glitch in the game now. Any suggestions anyone?

You probably still use the test version of the game. I had the same problem, than bought the game (on disk) and now all works well.

dmhetman
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmhetman on Jan 25, 12 4:17 PM
it is not saving my games...and changes languages when i go back in..my profile is gone..have to start again...geez

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 25, 12 6:07 PM
Good game, isn't it folks? Of course I say this facetiously. I think the game is a joke.

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Jan 25, 12 10:40 PM
Found yet another glitch with this game; it's happened on several ocassions when I am supposedly playing a bounty tournament. You are supposed to get X amount of cash when you get someone to bust on a hand you win in these tournaments, but I have been in several of these type of tournies and received not a dime despite the fact that I won more than 1 hand getting someone to bust on those winning hands of mine. Quite a ripoff! In one tournament alone it cost me 5 bounties at 106 bucks a bounty. This is needed cash in this game, especially early on when you don't have jack dittle coming in the way of any income. This game is just loaded with glitches and really needs to be redone with a fine tooth comb before they dare come out with a 3rd edition of this game.

[Post New]by What_to_do on Mar 21, 12 11:37 PM
NJM35 wrote:I came back to El Paso to play in the $1630 tournament game, and won, and now all that happens is my guy sits at the table and I cant leave.

Anybody else get this and what do I do?

I had exactly the same problem...It is a bit frustrating because I won the tournament early on in the game, where you need the money the most. Maybe I should have come in 2nd place. Do you get any money for coming in 2nd/ 3rd place , specifically for the $1630 tournament in El Paso ?

The first Governor of Poker game was awesome and the second one looks definitely better (except of course for the glitches and bugs)...

[Post New]by serolod02 on Mar 23, 12 4:40 AM
My problem is, I was playing governor of poker 2(GP2) on my laptop when suddenly the power has gone and i don't have battery on my laptop so my laptop turned off. When I open it again to play GP2 it says that "Howdy is Undefined" and the settings cannot be change and when I click PLAY nothing happens. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it's still have the same problem. Now I cannot play GP2 anymore. (

OleGeezer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by OleGeezer on Apr 6, 12 8:30 AM
Before, I start whining let me state I love the game and did manage to complete it... that said if you look online at other threads the game designers/programers of Governor of Poker 2 were very irresponsible for providing us with a possible Great Game! The game is loaded with 'glitches' that many ppl including myself have encountered. My game also froze up after winning and going back to El Paso to play! During the game I experienced many same problems the most of which was, a player leaving the table to go to another in a tournament without taking his winnings and locking the game play. I hope they bring us a Governor of Poker 3 - Problem Free!

Governor of Poker 2 should also be fixed/reprogrammed with a re-released new version!

Note: GOP 1 is virtually glitch free.

Edited on 04/06/2012 at 8:33:53 AM PST

[Post New]by Cindyv77 on May 1, 12 4:46 AM
jeterluvva2 wrote:
drasticofcore wrote:The problem I have been having is when I'm playing a tourney and someone wins the pot, then leaves the table before they take their money, table freezes, wont move forward, will not deal everyone just sits there doing nothing. This has happened to me at more then 1 town, and is very annoying since you need to win the tourney to get a star to progress further into the game.

I was having this problem a lot! I finally found someone that had a solution. I tried it and it worked!! Here it is!

"One trick you all may like is, if you're stuck on a match after a player won a match and left the table without collecting the pot, go to options, slow the speed of the game for its minimum. Exit the game. Restart the game after that and go back, in my case the game continued and I didn't lose the pot and the 'match'."

Hope it works for you too!

[Post New]by Hmpfgrml on May 12, 12 7:15 AM
Since bugs and glitches are technical issues and no one responded on my threads...:

1. Where can I find the save-files? I searched all directories belonging to the game and all other common 'hidden' save locations so far and wasn't able to locate them (under Win7 64bit).
2. Why can't I save and reload on my own? I'm desperatly in search of those functions.
3. I'm not receiving any income when travelling, actually. Must be a funny joke but I can't laugh on it. That kinda sucks since this lets me wonder about the whole sense of it.
4. Sometimes, when I earn an award, it doesn't show in the trophy room. And on some very rare occassions, I find myself wondering on awards in the showroom I never received. Find that very interesting, too...
5. I often experience it that, at the end of the day when the scroll with my total pops up, there's a number on additional income wich isn't added to my total income. Not funny.
6. Although I met the requirements for some awards in my last game (silver boiler trophy, 4th place) I didn't receive them.
7. Last one and possibly the weirdest of all: Why does it take longer to travel by train than by horse? I found myself several times wondering how a train takes five days to a destination where the Horse only needs one.

[Post New]by Hmpfgrml on May 12, 12 3:07 PM
God damned! Just won a tournament in El Paso (12.240 $) and can't go off the table, charakter is stuck. Help?

[Post New]by Jane0Doe on Nov 1, 12 9:49 PM
I already own every city in Texas, including the the transportations. I'm no.3 in the Notorious Players List. And the only thing left to do is to defeat no.2 to challenge the Governor. However, I already know that the no.2 is in Waco (Cheng-Gong "Let's Play" Cheung) because he challenged me already. But whenever I go to Waco, there's only one man with exclamation mark, and whenever I click on him, he only says, "A notorious player has challenged you! To accept it just click on the player with an exclamation mark." (Other townspeople in Waco say the same) But he's the only one with the exclamation mark.

-My reputation is 100% in Waco. But in some cities, it's not. Is this the reason why I can't play against no.2?
-My hat is purple (Waco's color), does the color of the hat I'm wearing matter in challenging him?

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Nov 17, 12 9:31 AM
Here's a hat thing for you: it is stated in the game that certain styles of hats are only available in certain cities. I have owned EVERY city in the game and have been the NOTORIOUS player in those cities AND had PLENTY of cash, yet those certain styles of hats remain locked and not available for purchase. HUH?? Did I miss something here? Just another thing that seems to be a glitch with this game that I thought I'd mention.

[Post New]by Driven20009 on Nov 21, 12 8:54 AM
ok When I start the game the language/flag at the bottom is moving fast @ the bottom and it wont let me start the game. When i click play the flag stops for a second and start running again. I've tried uninstall and re-install but encounter the same problem.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 21, 12 9:32 AM
Welcome to the Pond Driven20009! Sorry to hear about those issues in the game. Great that you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it may help to try some steps from the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
help article as well.

If the same problem is happening you're welcome to contact our Customer Support. They'll be happy to take a look and do some more troubleshooting with you directly. Feel free to contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email.

If you decide to contact Tech Support, it would be really helpful for them if you'd run and attach a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, as this will help us isolate the issue.

Best of luck!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

[Post New]by hardys778 on Feb 17, 13 10:02 AM
Well, Im owning everything , all towns and river boat,train,stagecoach,car,carriage, everything. But I can't challenge Waco Notorius player .. I didn't challeged him and challeged others, and now he's no.2 and I can't challenge him, when Im at exclamation guy in WACO it says , "find the exclamation guy" .. What should I do?

[Post New]by remke33 on Feb 24, 13 1:04 PM
dmhetman wrote:it is not saving my games...and changes languages when i go back in..my profile is gone..have to start again...geez
I am having the same issue language changes and all my profiles are gone dont know what to do want to uninstall it and reinstall but big fish says i dont own this game now? Geez

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 28, 13 3:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

Welcome to the Pond!

hardys778 I haven't played the game myself but I did some research for you and here's what I found:

The tips are always given by the exclamation guys.
To play for the stagecoach, the train, the boat, you have to wait for the day it leaves. You need enough money to compete for it when you're traveling with one of those. Pay attention to the color label on your hat.

remke33, it seems that there could be a few different issues going on at the same time. The best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away. Don't forget to mention any error message or error code.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by ferretallica on Mar 1, 13 5:47 PM
AAARGH! got to the final two in a tournament, blinds were at something like 25000/50000, then they go down to 0/0! What the hell? Now I'm in ~790,000, opponent is on about ~100,000, but he never plays a hand! The only good thing is I got a gold Tight Player trophy without even trying but I'm being robbed of my win here!

[Post New]by ferretallica on Mar 1, 13 6:00 PM
Then in one hand it jumps to I dont know what but enough that I'm all in for 790,000 on blind and lose in one hand without any actual play or skill.

Screw this game. Even for free, it's not worth it.

Go to: