Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Treasure Seekers Visions of Gold

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 10, 08 2:09 AM
Gotta take a break cuz I have a migraine starting to kick in, so I'm off to medicate but wanted to mention that it does get more challenging, some items very well hidden. I have used 3 hints, though one was one of those Doh! moments when it was smack dab center screen how the heck didn't I see that sorta deal. I want to take this one slooow and savor it. Really good so far for this Poodle's preferences in gaming.

hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by hollie96 on Nov 10, 08 4:25 AM
blingykins wrote:The trial won't download for me .. this it the first time I've ever had a problem

It wouldn't download for me at first, either. On Game Manager it was just frozen at >1% . But I paused the download, counted to ten, then clicked to resume download and it worked just fine.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 10, 08 4:34 AM
Well, I'm sure I'll try out the trial, but if it's that easy, I won't be buying it.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Nov 10, 08 4:54 AM
Played all night. Yaaawwwnnn. Great game, but I found a bug. It won't quit. The very last, closing scene looped 4 times before I decided to ctrl/alt/del the game. I'll contact BF about it.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 10, 08 5:07 AM
Yep... this game's for me... May not be as challenging as some... but still enjoyable...and I"ve just started so maybe I've spoken too soon.
Bought it without trying the demo...
Love to start a morning like this...makes my day... !!! thx BF

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Nov 10, 08 5:27 AM
Yes this game is also for me, funny like it's exactly like the Crystal Portal (which I bought at another site ..... ) even the sounds are the same. I just hope it's a little bit longer than the Crystal which was a little bit short ... Anybody finished this game already ????

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Nov 10, 08 5:32 AM
Poodlebear wrote:Gotta take a break cuz I have a migraine starting to kick in, so I'm off to medicate but wanted to mention that it does get more challenging, some items very well hidden. I have used 3 hints, though one was one of those Doh! moments when it was smack dab center screen how the heck didn't I see that sorta deal. I want to take this one slooow and savor it. Really good so far for this Poodle's preferences in gaming.

Hope you feel better Poodlebear!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 10, 08 5:57 AM
It doesn't get better than this for those of us who like games like Crystal Portal! This is perfection! No timers; fun, but imaginative and challenging mini games; beautiful graphics. WOW! For pure relaxation while still keeping our "gray matter" working, this is fabulous! The perfect blend of factors for those of us who enjoy an HO game with no timers. It is even fairly easy to find logical stopping points. (Still have to take care of the mundane, daily chores.)

PDookey
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by PDookey on Nov 10, 08 6:24 AM
I downloaded and played for the free trial. It's good they give those to us before our purchase. I was not impressed with the game. The rooms are dark and I had to click all over the screen to find the items. The plus to the game is no limit on hints and no time limit. I am not going to purchase this game because of all the clicking involved to find the items, there is no challenge in that.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 10, 08 6:45 AM
I just finished this game and I think it's of the highest quality. Truly a sublime experience.

Yes, it was dark but I just adjusted my screen brightness and it was fine. I generally have to do that on all Hidden Object games because I keep my desktop darkish. I did not have to click all over the screen by any means, most objects pretty easy to find, some well hidden. You do have to sometimes switch between one container object to another to proceed and sometimes that's not clear.

Anyway, I'd say it was about 4-5 hours worth of play given the breaks I took. Some of the puzzles were very challenging, good story line (though ya know pirates were actually very bad people, even if they were grandmas ) and flawless gameplay. Amazing art work, worth it just for that. Well the boy kid's face kinda bugged me. Anyway, couldn't be happier.

Oh, one odd flaw - at the end of the game at the last cut scene it wouldn't let me exit, just kept playing it over and over. Had to ctrl/alt/del and use Task Manager to "End Task" to get out of the game. Buyt if a game's gonna be glitchy, the last possible moment is the time to do it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 10, 08 6:47 AM
MoreOver wrote:Played all night. Yaaawwwnnn. Great game, but I found a bug. It won't quit. The very last, closing scene looped 4 times before I decided to ctrl/alt/del the game. I'll contact BF about it.

What they said! Guess I shoulda read all the posts before repeating this in mine.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 10, 08 6:56 AM
Played the one hour demo. It was OK. Don't plan to purchase at this time. Will put on my "maybe" list. I still have a few games to play from my Octoberfest purchases.

[Post New]by happylabs717 on Nov 10, 08 7:00 AM
Okay, I like this game too. However, after I fixed the fuse box and did the items you had to find on the two floor ones I couldn't figure out where to go next. I have the fireplace one opened and keep finding objects that don't go there. I do not know where to put the next set of objects. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Janadott
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Janadott on Nov 10, 08 7:49 AM
Is it just me, or does this game seem to move in slow motion. Have the same problem with secrets of margrave manor...which wasnt that slow on my other computer with XP, but the game froze on that one, slow as all get out on here with vista...anyone else having this problem?

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 10, 08 8:51 AM
Janadott wrote:Is it just me, or does this game seem to move in slow motion....................slow as all get out on here with vista...anyone else having this problem?

I am downloading Treasure after reading some of the posts here about it. I had the same type of problem with Azada 2 on Vista. Ran slow and cursor floated all over. I am going to play it this afternoon and see if it does the same on mine. Contact tech support, they helped me many times.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 10, 08 8:54 AM
I run Vista and have not had any issues playing this game.

msblueyes
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by msblueyes on Nov 10, 08 9:25 AM
Love the game and bought it. Had no problems on vista. Reminds me of another one I played earlier in the year but can't remember what the name of that one was. I don't mind if it is a little easy if it is interesting and fun to play.

Edited on 11/10/2008 at 9:27:14 AM PST

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Nov 10, 08 10:09 AM
Thanks gringo will give this a go to-day still on ravenhurst for the umpteenth time.hahaha

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Nov 10, 08 10:11 AM
I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold. I enjoyed it a lot myself. We'll have a forum for it up tomorrow for everyone to discuss it in.

Happy gaming!

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Nov 10, 08 10:28 AM
Hi Everybody
I just finished the hour and I can't decide. Should I or not. I do have a coupon burning a hole in my pocket.... I mean beak(??). It is a quite game don't you think? I guess that doesn't matter if you play with the sound off but it really bugged me. I got lonely. I got as far as the attic with the girl and the boy both. Does it get any better??

Poodle
I hope you are feeling better soon.
giggyann

Go to: