Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 27, 10 1:36 PM
I was one of those chosen to beta test this game. I haven't had a chance yet to play the demo today to see if there were any changes made, but I do know that I did not care for this one at all. After playing the beta, I felt sort of weird. It is a strange sort of game. I sort of felt like I was in the book "On The Beach" and was one of the last humans alive.

I did not play the first game so going into this one without knowing what was going on or knowing the background made it very difficult to understand at first. There also didn't seem to be a lot of help in knowing what to do. I think everyone should at least demo the game in order to form their own opinions, but for me, I couldn't wait for the beta to be over.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Aug 27, 10 1:38 PM
lol, where is the magnifying glass? that would have helped me. I like this game very much, but am broke. will have to wait. I was surprised and unhappy when my hour was over, it went by too quick!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Aug 27, 10 1:39 PM
I've played the game through to completion, and I have to say I loved it. The music is haunting, and sets the scene admirably. I found the graphics to be clear, and for the most part the objects were well hidden in plain sight - I kicked myself more than once when I used a hint and realised how obvious the item was.

The puzzles were reasonably easy (none of the lock-picking of the first game, which I managed, but got tired of). A few of the games towards the end require timing (clicking when the 'blip' is in the green zone of a bar), and a couple require colour-mixing to match a sample which some people may struggle with, but they aren't too difficult, and you can skip puzzles if wished.

The story is as strange as the first one, but I enjoyed it. I have to say, I absolutely adore the cat (and I don't just mean the one you see on the loading screen). I wish I could take him home with me

The extras give an interesting insight into the storyline, as well as the usual design sketches.

I found a couple of typos - none in the Hidden Object lists, but some in the cut-scene text. Also I ran into one bug, with the fire in the Internet Cafe, but it was obvious how to overcome it.

All in all, I loved the game, and I know I'll be playing it again - going to play the original game through again first

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 1:42:17 PM PST

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Aug 27, 10 1:48 PM
spyque wrote:I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw this game! I was SO excited! I demoed it and it's slowly drawing me in. It's not as dismal as the first (which i loved) but it's still intriguing. My hour demo left me too quickly! Willl have to get this! I love this series! Excellent job, BFG!

I'm with you Spyque!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 27, 10 1:52 PM
I am really into this one too...it grabbed me and I have to keep playing to find out what is going on. The same thing with the first one...yes, it is eerie, and a depressing theme...but like a lot of sci fi, there is some reality to it. What would you do if you found yourself in scenario like the one in the game? I find it fascinating.

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 1:54:09 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 27, 10 2:42 PM
Update on my review. I just got a chance to play the demo and I must say it is greatly improved from the beta version. It isn't as weird and there is a decent enough bit of background so you can understand what is going on. The game also moves a lot quicker than the beta version in that there aren't as many scenes and as much to interact in them. I think it really helps to move the story along. A big thank you to the developers who listened and made the changes.

The music isn't bad, although it is a little depressing. The graphics are good and while some of the objects are small, there is a magnifying glass provided. Hints are very generous and there is no timer in the game. Skip buttons for the mingames come up quickly. Overall, this isn't a bad game. Nowhere near as depressing and odd as the beta version I demoed....lucky me Still, I think I will pass on this one right now as I already have two punch cards for the month.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Aug 27, 10 2:45 PM
spyque wrote:I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw this game! I was SO excited! I demoed it and it's slowly drawing me in. It's not as dismal as the first (which i loved) but it's still intriguing. My hour demo left me too quickly! Willl have to get this! I love this series! Excellent job, BFG!

Oh, No!! This means we'll have to wait for you to finish this game before we get another installment of your current story.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 27, 10 3:18 PM
Its a good hog with a very interesting storyline. Some items are a little bit tiny, but you can always use the magnifier (I didn`t needed it). They are also many activities to do. Great game for me. Thanks its a buy

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Aug 27, 10 3:41 PM
Well, one man's depressing is another man's atmosphere. I like this game. It's ...weird, creepy. moody. The story can be skipped. The timer takes a minute to refill, the graphics and resolution are clear. The music is appropriate. Pop up translation boxes where needed. Skippable minigames that are do-able. Interactive aspect will not have you screaming in frustration. Annoying 3 wrong clicks and a penalty of a cracked screen image. You interact with Ann. The hidden object scenes are clear. There is a magnifier, but I did not need it. There are plenty of the H O scenes too! They are junkpile style, but the junk seems relevent to the mood... discarded water bottles, phones, ipods. Our everyday objects left behind. I will buy nezxt month. I already have enough planned buys to fill my September punchcard.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Aug 27, 10 4:22 PM
Forgive me in advance if this is a spoiler. I own and have played the first Lost in the City. I really enjoyed the game and have been looking forward to the sequel but now I'm confused. In the first game there wasn't a reunion between Hero and girl that I remember. Furthermore I don't believe Hero was trapped in the City at the end of the first game. Is there another Lost in the City (maybe a second) that I didn't play. Maybe I've developed dementia or something but I swear this game just doesn't pick up where the original game did. At any rate, this is a buy for me. I've waited so long for this sequel that I don't even need to demo it first. However if someone who played the first Lost would PM me and let me know if I've missed a game between the first Lost and this one, I would appreciate it very much. overthehill60

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Aug 27, 10 5:55 PM
OMG!!! First there was Reincarnations 2 and then Lost on the City 2 and I am chomping at the bit to play them. The only problem is I have allergic conjunctivitis and can't see clearly enough to play a HOG. I am sooooooo bummed. Everybody have fun for me.....

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Aug 27, 10 5:56 PM
Depressing, clean down to the music. Not a buy for me!

popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by popookaka on Aug 27, 10 6:35 PM
lasted 6 minutes. this is horrible. the graphics are blurry,the music annoying and the game play puts you to sleep. what a flop..especially after the new reincarnation game....now that was a true winner!!

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Aug 27, 10 7:18 PM
Loved the first one and just bought this one - good series - good games

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Aug 27, 10 7:49 PM
Strange, creepy and depressing.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 27, 10 8:18 PM
The story is quite good and the objects were challenging but not too difficult to find. Sadly though this game made me motion sick. I didn't get to complete the demo, which I suggest trying before buying. If I hadn't gotten sick, I would have enjoyed it more, if possible. I found the art to be flat. Still, it was well done.

I say an A-

Edited on 08/27/2010 at 8:18:57 PM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Aug 27, 10 10:07 PM
May be a find for some gamers but not for me. In reading the reviews, the words "depressing" and "desolate" pretty much summed it up. HOG items were sometimes difficult to find but the magnifying glass help. I just couldn't feel any empathy for the characters and the storyline is almost always a determining factor for me when considering a purchase.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 28, 10 12:01 AM
I don't mind the dark side of the story and that the HOG scenes are pretty typical but I really really do not like the music. It's not so much as depressing as it is just plain awful. I like voice overs, sound effects and music in my games. Not all games have voice overs and that's okay, I can read but any hope this game had of me playing it was totally ruined by the WORST musical score I have ever heard in any game I have ever played.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 8:57:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Qtiebaby02 on Aug 28, 10 9:07 AM
I agree with "elldee 2728". I loved the first Lost in the City. I played it over and over again. I found it so intriging and the graphics are just awesome. I played it for the story. I have been waiting forever for the sequel. I love distrurbing games. I loved Redrum Time Lies. Oh....and I'm on Zoloft. So maybe that is why I can handle these kinds of games. I can't wait to play this one. Then I will update my review.

[Post New]by diamondkay on Aug 28, 10 9:18 AM
I bought the first Lost, and liked it, so when I saw this one I thought....maybe. Well, i played the demo and really liked it, so I bought this one and I like it even better than the first one! Yes, it is depressing and dark, but there is a lot going on and it's fun to try to figure out who the Chessmaster is and why everyone is being put to sleep.
I don't like the fact that you get a penalty from incorrect clicking, and the music is kind of irritating, but turn the sound down or off and it's better. All in all, it's an interesting and different game and just when i thought it was complete, it keeps going! That's a pleasant surprise. Try it.

Go to: