PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Aug 28, 10 7:13 AM
Maybe it's due to me being picky because of all the other really great, exciting games BF gives us, but I found this one rather average - not exciting - from the title/description I expected a bit of spookiness, eerieness, but no - not in the trial period, at least. Plus, is it just me, or is there something wrong in the way the artists room and the next door room sits according to each other - shouldn't they be put the other way around when you see them from outside?
I'd give this a 3 out of five fishtails...

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Susu2 on Aug 28, 10 7:18 AM
once again I get the access violation error when I click play. I never had this problem with the older game manager. I am getting so fustrated with this happening. Can't play this game or Samantha Swifts newest game no matter what I do. Anyone else having this problem with this game?

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 28, 10 7:36 AM
I never played the first 2 HH games before this one and from the reviews I am seeing this one is by far improved over the previous games. The game play time is a good amount, est. most people will take 4+ hours, maybe 3.5.

I am putting this on my buy list

Edit: Well I just tried to play the first HH and ended up crashing my comp. because it flashed on and off trying to change scenes, acutally became a loop that I could not get out of! I have never had that happen so it is a good thing I played this game first or I would of hesitated over dl on this one. I will not even try the 2nd game who knows what it will do.

Edited on 08/28/2010 at 9:05:19 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Aug 28, 10 7:43 AM
Susu2 wrote:Can't play this game or Samantha Swifts newest game no matter what I do. Anyone else having this problem with this game?
hi Susu, what a pity! At the moment (as the technical issues thread isn't up yet in this forum) the error reports seem to be in the Welcome to ...-thread. But as you describe the problem (with the Game Manager and not just this game), your best chance to get it fixed is to write to Tech Support/CS via the green envelope on the right side. Good luck!

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 28, 10 8:22 AM
WOW

BETTER than the other HH GAMES!!

THANKS for the improvement!!

IF ANY FISHIE IS HAVING TECH PROBLEMS
START a THREAD
THEN maybe the MODS WILL see you need HELPPPPP

OFF to PLAY

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 28, 10 9:25 AM
PowderMonkey wrote:Maybe it's due to me being picky because of all the other really great, exciting games BF gives us, but I found this one rather average - not exciting - from the title/description I expected a bit of spookiness, eerieness, but no - not in the trial period, at least. Plus, is it just me, or is there something wrong in the way the artists room and the next door room sits according to each other - shouldn't they be put the other way around when you see them from outside?
I'd give this a 3 out of five fishtails...

Wow! Good eye PowderMonkey!! I was in and out of those rooms seemed like umpteen times (well, you know because you played the demo!) and I never noticed that, but you are absolutely right!!!

Also, same as you, I just never got enthusiastic or interested in the story or anything during the whole demo. I was relieved to see your post and a few others that let me know it just isn't me - different games, different tastes plus I think it has A LOT to do with some of the extra fantastic games that have been released recently. I will be adding this to my list of "maybe someday if it is offered as the DD"

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Aug 28, 10 9:53 AM
Liked the first 2 but this one I find not enjoyable at all. Maybe I'm having an off day but it appears you need the hint to tell you what to do next..........constantly needed a to be guided to the next task. I don't like to knock games as others may like them but I really wanted to like this game but just didn't work for me.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 28, 10 8:12 PM
Actually - the fact that the game pretty much let me figure out what to do on my own was the only thing I liked about the demo hour, but for some reason I just couldn't get into the spirit of things at all with this one and can't quite put my finger on why. I have Haunted Hotel: Believe the Lies but don't recall much about it, maybe if I played that again the story in this game would make sense, but as a "stand alone" game - it seemed muddled and plodding to me. Maybe you are right recliner24, perhaps it is a "my frame of mind on this particular day" situation - I have had that happen before. The first time I played the first Puppet Show, I deleted without even finishing the demo, then I tried it again and it's one of my favorite games!!

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Sep 1, 10 12:23 PM
well - so much for a mod seeing all us fish stuck with freezing in this game. I don't see a green envelope.........................

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Sep 1, 10 12:25 PM
I like this game and am glad I bought it! I assume someone will eventually tell me how to fix the frozen section after I put the slide into the projector

aperry423
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by aperry423 on Sep 15, 10 12:17 PM
I liked this one better than the last 2 games. It had a lot of unexpected twists, and it combined adventure game play with hidden object. I have loved this series, even though I was extremely disappointed with the way the first one ended. I always thought they could do more with such a good storyline. This one did not disappoint.

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 12:17:57 PM PST

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Sep 16, 10 7:00 AM
How do you find what room Jack is in, on the monitor ?

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Sep 16, 10 7:55 AM
Gwennoel wrote:How do you find what room Jack is in, on the monitor ?

After you saw Jack on the monitor. Fix the fuse with wire from the table.
Press "C" button on the panel under the fuse. And input 4046 code on that panel.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Sep 16, 10 2:40 PM
Thank you!!

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Sep 17, 10 8:14 AM
Well, up to now I was breezing along, now I'm stuck on the buttons in order of a period in a human's life, help !

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Sep 17, 10 8:38 AM
Gwennoel wrote:Well, up to now I was breezing along, now I'm stuck on the buttons in order of a period in a human's life, help !

The pictures should be pressed one by one from the right to the left.

6-5-4-3-2-1 (If you count them from the left) All buttons under the pictures must be green.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Sep 17, 10 8:50 AM
Thanks again..................I may be back

[Post New]by GraphicSword on Sep 19, 10 1:14 PM
Pckiller wrote:After you saw Jack on the monitor. Fix the fuse with wire from the table.
Press "C" button on the panel under the fuse. And input 4046 code on that panel.

yey!
Thank you man... I stoped playing a game because i couldn't crack this one.

[Post New]by kevpoll on Dec 31, 11 8:08 AM
Pckiller wrote:After you saw Jack on the monitor. Fix the fuse with wire from the table.

Anyone else not able to do this bit. The buttons 1 to 9, # (does not appear to do anything) and C all work but the button 0 can't be clicked.
With the code being 4046 I can only put in the 4's and 6 in??

I can't work out what to do now. I went off and got the paper with 31 on it but now I'm stuck.

Go to: