Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream technical issues here only.

[Post New]by pain4anangel on Aug 29, 10 10:32 AM
I am in the security camera room. I fixed and replaced the fuse. Now, I have the code. I wenr back to enter it and it says the fuse must be replaced. I click on the panel and nothing pops up. Even though I replaced it already, I can't progress in the game and open the necessary door.

NANONAN
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by NANONAN on Aug 29, 10 10:38 AM
Yep, me too! Can't proceed and that's ridiculous, just because I fixed the fuse before I needed to. I've bought the game and had a couple of other issues with it too. Has anyone got a solution to the security room issue or do we have to start the whole blessed game again?

[Post New]by luvs2snuggle63 on Aug 29, 10 10:43 AM
I put the money in the vending machine and pushed the red button and its like its stuck the coins won't come out. Can anyone help

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Aug 29, 10 6:46 PM
I had the access violation starting in the game manager, but the game played okay by starting from outside the game manager.

In the security room, if you ignore that it keeps asking for the fuse after you've replaced it and get the camera to show you where Saver is, eventually, it will let you enter the code to get the door to open. That part was kind of confusing. I had to go out and do something to the door and that wasn't good enough. Then, I had to go back and enter a code to where Saver is to let the security system know where I wanted to go. It kept saying it didn't want room numbers, but I think it did.

Anyway, you can get out of there. It just doesn't work quite the way you would think it is supposed to.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Aug 29, 10 10:07 PM
i am clicking on items and even with the hint button it will take several clicks to pick the item up. the last item was the birdie, so i excited to write this and will probably wait if i finish at all. it is not drawing me in wanting to play the game.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Aug 31, 10 11:46 AM
I bought the game, and it won't play...get an access violation, and then when I try again, it says there is a game running...tried installing it 3 times now...

[Post New]by susanmward on Aug 31, 10 12:24 PM
also had trouble with the "birdie". Never did get it to pick up so just exited game.

Glasscats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Also stuck in the security room

[Post New]by Glasscats on Aug 31, 10 1:00 PM
I also can't proceed, with the same issues. Stuck in the security room. I guess I'll delete the game and redownload.....that sometimes works.

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 1:02:03 PM PST

Glasscats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Stuck in security room issue

[Post New]by Glasscats on Aug 31, 10 6:40 PM
Found the solution.....on the left keyboard, hit the C key on the lower right of the keyboard, then put in the room number.....I think it's 4046. I was able to unlock the security door.

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Sep 1, 10 10:56 AM
I MUST HAVE 20 OR 30 BIG FISH GAMES AND NEVER EVER HAD A PROBLEM. THIS GAME FREEZES MY WHOLE COMPUTER AND I HAVE TO DO A HARD SHUTDOWN. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING THAT??

THANKS

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Sep 1, 10 11:36 AM
I am still on the demo, and I am liking the game very much, but it's a bit buggy: the music cuts in and out and sometimes when you pick up an object in a close-up shot, it freezes, but then the object does appear in the inventory when you exit the close-up. I really like the game, and I would buy it even with these minor bugs, but it makes me nervous that something more major could happen down the road. Is there any word of a new build to fix some of these issues?

ARLENEARL
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ARLENEARL on Sep 1, 10 12:06 PM
I WANT MY MONEY BACK. GAME FREEZES UP MY COMPUTER. HAVE TO DO HARD SHUT DOWN. IT IS NOT ME OR MY COMPUTER.

PLEASE REPLY SOON ARLENEI

Edited on 10/25/2010 at 3:26:22 PM PST

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Sep 1, 10 12:16 PM
my game froze AFTER I put the slide into the projector and I've tried to restart with the same success, a HARD shut down HELP

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 1, 10 12:40 PM
Hello Fishies,

If you're having an Access Violation error message, it can be an indication that something might have to be updated in the system. If you'd like more information on this, take a look at this help article:

Access Violation

You can also check out the Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen link from there if you're having issues with the game crashing or freezing!

If you're still experiencing troubles, please get in touch with a Tech Support rep by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

Hope this helps some of you out!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by zhth04 on Sep 1, 10 12:55 PM
I am having the same problem with the stairway not opening up all the way. Clocks are set right. Tried several times to reset clocks and hands will not move. Please help as I can not finish the game. I do not want to start over, since I bought the game.

bitzgirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by bitzgirl on Sep 1, 10 1:44 PM
Having same problem with the stairs have partly unlocked but cannot go down them.buttons still push under pictures but no matter what order I press them it's still the same Help please as I have purchased this game.

Pckiller
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Pckiller on Sep 1, 10 1:55 PM
Hi bitzgirl and zhth04,

You have to press all pictures in the specific order. Check the walkthrough for the combination. (removed by moderator)

Edited on 11/01/2010 at 12:13:11 PM PST

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Sep 1, 10 5:02 PM
I've downloaded and run Dr Felix. I can't attach the files, despite trying just the running processes, etc. Every attempt brings up a red X.

Any suggestions?

smartsue
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by smartsue on Sep 1, 10 8:58 PM
I've had nothing but trouble since I started this game. It sticks and can't move on to next level and have uninstalled and installed this game so many times. Usually I can coax it to move on but now I'm really stuck. I'm at the door where you use the screwdriver to take off a metal plate by a door, push the key out onto the newspaper under the door. Whenever I try to use the screwdriver, it won't let me. It keeps saying to try something else. I used the walk through for help and I'm doing everything I'm supposed to. The only thing: the Tasks says to "perform the ritual" in the last level and I did that but I don't think it registered. Help!

prubell13
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by prubell13 on Sep 2, 10 12:37 PM
I got to level 15 the locker room without any bother then after opening the locker I had no list of items so I kept clicking and sure enough the items started to disappear, however they were not going into the inventry and my hints kept telling me to find something useful in the locker but when I clicked on everything in there nothing is happening. There is no back button to press and no way of getting out of there so what's going onBF.

Go to: