cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Bug in Treasure Seekers - Visions of Gold

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 11, 08 8:30 AM
Help!. My problem is quite the reverse. I was sitting here happily this morning searching for objects in the second cave when bam I was suddenly dumped back to the Game Manager. I thought oops, and started the game up again. A couple of items later I was dumped back to the Game Manager again. Has anyone else had this particular problem?

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Nov 11, 08 8:42 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™.

Happy gaming!

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Nov 11, 08 10:06 AM
A new build of Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ has been released that corrects the looping ending cinematic issue. You can get more information about it by clicking here.

Thanks for visiting the forums!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Nov 11, 08 10:53 AM

Thanks bfgaegean! Haven't reached the end yet, but glad to know that the fix is already there!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 11, 08 11:52 AM
It's OK went back and tried again and managed to play to the end this time when of course I had to ctrl-alt-del like everyone else. Good game, I look forward to the continuation (without a loop ending).

Thanks BfgAegean.

tybooger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tybooger on Nov 11, 08 12:10 PM
The same thing happens to me and I went thru the game 3 times after I uninstalled and re-installed.Great game tho

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Nov 11, 08 12:40 PM
Hi Szim and Tybooger, welcome to the Pond. A new build has been released so hopefully this will solve the problem.

[Post New]by peppybigfoot1 on Nov 11, 08 12:42 PM
I also have the same bug at the end of my game, just figured it was mine only. Had to press con., alt, del. to get out of game but would prefer not to.

azaa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by azaa on Nov 11, 08 12:54 PM
I have never seen a new build so quick!!! I had the same probs as many others on the final level and also had to do the ctrl-alt-del to get out, and had no credit for this one! Oh well, live and learn! The people on this forum are "GREAT" with their advice! Thank all of you that taking your time to help other gamers!

ruby_leo
Clownfish
Clownfish
764 Posts

[Post New]by ruby_leo on Nov 11, 08 2:49 PM
I have gotten to where you need to collect the planks? It won't let me do that! Is this the end of the game yet?

jscan
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by jscan on Nov 11, 08 2:58 PM
I had the same problem. Definitely a "bug". I had to shut my computer down to get out of it.

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Nov 13, 08 12:08 PM
Just finished the game and it looped for me at the end as well. I know these tech people are very helpful most of the time, but sometimes when they do not know what the problem is, their first response is that the issue must just be with your own computer. I have had games work without any issues and then I download a game that does have problems and tech will tell me that it is my computer. Then a few weeks later tech will put in an update to fix the bug. I know that sometimes issues may arise with games and it will be my computer, but please don't just blow me off like I'm an idiot!

Sorry, just my opinion, I've been a member of BFG for several years and I guess I'm just finally voicing my opinion. I don't mean to offend anyone!

sneak
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Bug in Treasure Seekers - Visions of Gold

[Post New]by sneak on Nov 13, 08 5:06 PM
DoobieBear wrote:Treasure Seekers - Visions of Gold has a bug at the end of the game. The ending keeps circling around without a way to exit the game.

I reported this via online chat, but Maika at Big Fish seemed to think since no one else had reported it that it was just a problem that I was experiencing. She suggested that I discuss this issue in the forums and IF other people had the problem then they would look into it.

She even suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Like I was going to go through the game completely again just to see if it would do the same thing? Thanks, but no thanks!

Anyhow.........here's the thread to report if you're having problems with the ending. Needless to say I'm not very satisfied at the customer service that Maika offered.

Maybe if enough people answer this thread then someone will address the problem sooner or later.

I agree about the bug at the end of the game, I've just finished the game and had to press control, alt and delete to get the game to stop. The last peice of video keeps restarting again and there is no way out other than to do what I did and force the game to end

Otherwise the game was great with no other problems .

Edited on 11/13/2008 at 5:07:55 PM PST

[Post New]by chartyndall on Nov 15, 08 5:54 PM
Well, i'm glad to say had no problems with the game. It ended just fine for me. Thought it was to short though. But, that's just me...lol.

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Nov 15, 08 8:47 PM
I am new to the forums and hope you will allow me to join you.. Have been reading the posts for a time to see if this was a site I wanted to interact with. I sure do like what I read - everyone seems nice, friendly and not posting "nasty's" about anyone. Nice forum!! I bought Treasure Seekers and did fine until I got to the underwater scene with 3 yellow swiming fish and 1 red swimmer. After 4 hours of trying without sucess to find the objects to open I gave up. Hint would not work either. Glad to see it is not just myself who has had trouble with this game. Be interesting to see what OS those who are having trouble areusing. I have Vista Premium.

[Post New]by sistermoon on Nov 23, 08 1:05 PM
I'm experiencing a different kind of problem. I'm "stuck" in the underwater scene - I've found one of the containers, and 3 of the objects to go into that container, but I've clicked all over the scene and can't find anything else. he "hints" are no help at all.

What can I do? I've already paid for this game.

[Post New]by deelight23 on Mar 13, 10 12:52 PM
i played and finished the game in 2 hours.but not worth the 2.99.i paid for it.but the people at big fish replaced that game because i was so unhappy with it. so don't waste your money on this game.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 14, 10 1:08 PM
Poodlebear wrote:I sent an email Help Ticket since it was not a pressing issue as it's the end of the game. At least I *assume* it is...? I have not yet heard a single person say they have finished and *not* had the problem, so one wonders has anyone at finished the game?

Great game, loved it, and the funny thing was I was thinking of composing a post about how refreshing it was to play a game completely glitch free, so I think the irony gods must have heard and said, "Can't have that!" and it's my fault.

I finished it,with no problems.

[Post New]by jewels6233 on Feb 28, 11 3:54 AM
Hi all, I had a different bug. I couldn't get it to work past opening sequence. It kept bouncing me back to the Play Now and time spent, on the BF Game Manager. I was looking forward to this game. never mind.

[Post New]by skey1950 on May 15, 11 4:45 PM
I am stuck in the gypsy's wagon. It won't allow me to pick the brass bracelet. Any suggestions?

Go to: