Iksia
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Seawise Chronicles: Untamed Legacy

[Post New]by Iksia on Aug 30, 10 2:16 AM
This is the hardest HOG game I've ever played!! But it's challenging and I love the graphics, so magical and all~

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 30, 10 2:19 AM
Sorry Maximize but I am another who does not like your custom cursor ... it might be very pretty to look at but the gameplay would be smoother for some computers if it could be turned off so please give us an option to do this and then you might sell more games.

I didn't play the tutorial and I sat here looking and looking and chuntering away saying how on earth can those bits be hidden here ... yes I know I have to get this tool so I can look there but these bits are nowhere to be found and then all of a sudden as I was waving my mouse round in frustration I found that the scene continued off the screen and you have to scroll across to find it . I like this aspect of the game.

Take note that some of the pieces you require can only be seen as you scroll backwards and forwards so do it slowly.

I do like the fact that the menu bar drops down out of sight when not in use but am rather puzzled about the little key on it because, although you can click on it and it looks like you are closing a matchbox and then only half the key can be seen, it doesn't appear to do anything at all so if anyone can shed some on that to satisfy my curiosity I would be grateful.

The hints refill quite quickly so that is a definite too but I had the sound on quite quietly and did not notice the music so sorry I can't comment on that.

English is not their first language

Will I buy it ... maybe depending on what else is offered next month but if I could turn the cursor off then yes I would because I like FROGs.

C

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 30, 10 2:23 AM
Marlo FROG are FRagmented Objects Game

I am enjoying the game. The graphics are really nice on my monitor Some of the fragments are hard to find, but that makes the game more challenging. I have used a couple of hints but that's because I want to get a little further in the demo to see more of the game. My cursor isn't giving me any problems.

Interesting how we all are seeing the game differently.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Aug 30, 10 2:33 AM
have played 30 mins of demo and have only one comment ..........boring!!!!!

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Aug 30, 10 2:37 AM
Woofie53 wrote:Marlo FROG are FRagmented Objects Game

Elkestra wrote:First of all, as stated by others, this is a FROG (Fragmented Object Game).

Thank you so much for explaining what FROG meant. I am really getting tired of peoples posts that contain abbreviations and make the assumption that eveyone in the world knows what they're talking about. It took me forever to figure out what HOG meant!!! It's expecially disconcerting when they use abbreviations for games they have played in the past especially a game they liked and rave about. I would like to look into those game if I ONLY HAD A NAME!! But instead, they use abbreviations leaving the rest of us wondering what's going on.

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 2:42:06 AM PST

zuice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by zuice on Aug 30, 10 2:46 AM
finished my 60 mins of demo.. and definitely buy it.. very challenging game(the hardest HOG i've every played)

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Aug 30, 10 2:59 AM
Not for me very childish voice in it annoying, music dreadful graphics dark, try before you buy

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 3:00:04 AM PST

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Aug 30, 10 3:15 AM
Al last -- a game that doesn't telegraph every move. Although some significant areas are indicated, much of the action must be discovered or deduced by the player. I enjoy this type of game and so will buy it.

The instability of the inventory/items-to-be-located bar is truly frustrating. If you move the cursor anywhere in the area of that bar, it appears or disappears. It's an unnecessary distraction.

Graphics are interesting -- cartoonish and "swirly" in the style of the Samantha Swift games -- and objects are difficult to find. Although I hate to admit it, I had to use the hint option more than usual. Fortunately, it refreshes almost immediately.

In spite of the childish storyline, this game looks like it will be a satisfying challenge.

worthy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by worthy on Aug 30, 10 3:31 AM
I first thought it was an adventure game and decided against but as a screenshot hinted at hidden object decided to try. I wish I hadn't. Hate using hints but old tired eyes stand no chance of seeing the tiny parts of the objects needed.

Definitely pass on this one.

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 30, 10 4:05 AM
Okay, I might have mentioned a time or two that I do not care for games that are hand drawn and the stuff in no way looks real and they might be going for animation, but it falls a little short. The cutest thing about the whole game was the little squirrel that sat up in the tree and waved at you. Objects were next to impossible to find, you had to use a hint quite frequently, so it was a good thing it filled up fast. Music was not so bad, but the English! if you can call it that. Read like something out of a me Tarzan you Jane comic strip. No buy here.

irishlou
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by irishlou on Aug 30, 10 4:29 AM
fstar wrote:This is one of the worst games I've played in a long time. I wouldn't even purchase it as a DD. I played the entire demo and all I can say is thank goodness the hints recovered quickly because I used them almost constantly. The items were mostly impossible to see. A poorly made game all the way around. I was very dissapointed mostly because I'll never get that hour of my life back. There were way to many things going on at the same time and made for a very confusing game.

That just about sums it up for me as well.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 30, 10 4:36 AM
After reading the reviews I was very conflicted about even trying the game. However, I did try it and boy was I glad I did!

I liked this game, true it took a little time to get used to how the items where hidden in the scenes, but once you figure that out they are not that hard to find or at least I did not find it hard except for a few things.

The hint button will help you you just need to make sure you scroll to each (other) scene to check and it will tell you if you have everything or need to look elsewhere.

The key (a question asked) locks the bar in place, but only for the scene you are in so you have to re-lock it for each scene, which is a little annoying (wish they would fix that)

The new bag is different, but once you get the hang of it, it is workable. Of course it would be easier if the bar would stay locked in place for all the scenes untill you remove the lock

You can skip the story/cut scene and click to move the dialog forward so no big deal. I do not see a problem with the drawings, after all it is a game and they change for each scene. This is a buy for me and I hope everyone tries the game first and makes up their own mind.
If this is a good length I give 4-5

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 5:42:32 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 30, 10 4:36 AM
I didn't find anything difficult to find at all. a bit easier than the first Mortimer Beckett even, with nice bright scenes and I can see a lot of time went into the artwork and graphics in the game but I will delete 30 minutes into the demo because I find that the mechanics of the game are so "clunky" and annoying that it totally negates any of the positives the game might have to offer. Opening and closing the search item box - or you lock it open and then it is in the way of what you are searching for - and opening and closing the inventory and swapping between the inventory and search item box..... The whole thing was just exhausting... LOL

I will pass on this one and be ready to POUNCE on DRAWN: DARK FLIGHT....
C'mon BFG, bring it on!!! We are READY

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 30, 10 4:42 AM
heatherington has written what I think is the perfect critique of this "offering"--(I call it an "offering" instead of a "game" because the word "game " implies "fun"). This one doesn't measure up. First of all, the cursor is a total turn-off. If I'm forced to use the artsy-craftsy cursor, forget it. The 1st "fragmented" hidden-object scene confounded me (could ANYBODY find a couple pieces of that darned acorn?). The only saving grace was the squirrel in the tree. And I bet even THAT poor guy or girl wouldn't be able to locate the elusive acorn!

Spent 11 minutes on the demo and that's all the time it took for me to form this opinion. No buy here either.

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 4:43:49 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 30, 10 5:06 AM
99% of HOGs etc. seem to come from the hinterland. (The one that's currently on fire.) Before they become companies, isn't it proper procedure or SOP that they LOOK at other best selling products before they venture to create one themselves? Or do they just stand rigid in a corner and shout "I am invincible!" till they get it right?

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Aug 30, 10 5:06 AM
Absolutly the WORST **** game ever made...real waste of money if you were thinking of buying!!

lydiajmack
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by lydiajmack on Aug 30, 10 5:18 AM
mszoomy wrote:
Woofie53 wrote:Marlo FROG are FRagmented Objects Game

Elkestra wrote:First of all, as stated by others, this is a FROG (Fragmented Object Game).

Thank you so much for explaining what FROG meant. I am really getting tired of peoples posts that contain abbreviations and make the assumption that eveyone in the world knows what they're talking about. It took me forever to figure out what HOG meant!!! It's expecially disconcerting when they use abbreviations for games they have played in the past especially a game they liked and rave about. I would like to look into those game if I ONLY HAD A NAME!! But instead, they use abbreviations leaving the rest of us wondering what's going on.

Just ask and we will provide the answer...happens to me too sometimes!

[Post New]by chris122049 on Aug 30, 10 5:47 AM
I may be prejudiced because I love FROGs but I found this game to be fun and more challenging then most because of the scrolling. The pieces are well hidden at times which I like because it gives me a challenge. And the hint system recharges quickly so if I do get stuck, I can get help easily.

The one thing I hated was the introduction and the boy and the girl.........childish and irritating. The monkey in the tree is adorable.

I need one more game by the end of the month and this may be it.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Aug 30, 10 5:57 AM
I would not go so far to say this is the worst game ever, there was one that (i can not remember the name that is how bad it was) that literally every post stated it hated.

Some other posts stated it very well: How boring if we all liked the same things all the time.

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Aug 30, 10 6:17 AM
I liked this game! It was a bit cumbersome, but I really like the FROG style games. I will definitely buy this game.

Go to: