AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition® technical issues here only

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Aug 31, 10 8:51 AM
Well let's see......The game loaded fine, no problems UNTIL....

I was able to do the rope part, the part with lighting up the tunnel and as soon as I went back to the now lit tunnel, the game crashed. The screen went black, my cursor was still there (I opted to use my PC cursor), I could hear music and move the cursor around yet there was nothing but a black screen. I wasn't even able to come out of the game, had to ctr/alt/del. UGHHHH!!!! Let's get this fixed! I am wanting to purchase this and play NOW!!! There is NO WAY I reached the end of the demo if that is the case! I am NOT that fast and that experienced as a player! LOL! Someone help please! This fishie is swimming in circles waiting for a mere morsel!

Happy Gaming Fishies!
Staying cool in good ole HOT Charlotte, NC!

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 31, 10 9:26 AM
Hey Fishies!

If you are having trouble with the blue lantern or stuck at the rope, it will help to uninstall and reinstall your game from your Purchase History or the game page.

ETA: Also check out MargieB's post here which includes a video walkthrough for the shop window!

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 9:44:04 AM PST

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Aug 31, 10 9:42 AM
lellelind wrote:There is no blue light (blue lantern) in the alley. I know where it is supposed to hang but it is not there.
I started all over again with a new profile but the blue light is still missing. Then I downloaded the file once again and started all over again but the problem remains.

Most of these issues regarding progression blocking bugs were in the beta releases(pre-release) versions. It also appears these beta versions were spread throughout many Warez, torrent and other illegitimate sites.

If you are experiencing any of these issues, please also post where you got the game. So far customer service has 100% success of resolving these progression blocking issues by simply having the customer download the "official" released version on www.bigfishgames.com or legitimate licensed affiliates. You can identify official affiliates of Big Fish Games by clicking "Buy" and the shopping cart is a BFG URL and BFG branded checkout.

If you are having issues and you did get the game from BFG or a licensed affiliate, then definitely contact customer support.

Picman

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Aug 31, 10 9:47 AM
Played 10 minutes and uninstalled. Not for me. Too many technical problems to mess with. I lived without the game this long, can do so again.

I believe BF has new owners. Which may be the reason Customer Support is not what it used to be. The best on the internet, in my opinion.

If they want my money they will fix the problems. When did BF start putting out games before all the bugs were out? Not a good thing. Just my opinion of course, but it does seem this is happening more often lately.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Aug 31, 10 10:31 AM
SueDee67 wrote:Played 10 minutes and uninstalled. Not for me. Too many technical problems to mess with. I lived without the game this long, can do so again.

I believe BF has new owners. Which may be the reason Customer Support is not what it used to be. The best on the internet, in my opinion.

If they want my money they will fix the problems. When did BF start putting out games before all the bugs were out? Not a good thing. Just my opinion of course, but it does seem this is happening more often lately.

No new owners.
We are approaching 100 Customer service reps, and they are world class.
The release version of Drawn has no progression blocking bugs and has already been downloaded by 50,000 people and bought by several thousand.

The progression blocking Blue Lantern is only with pirated versions that got out on the market prior to the BFG released version.

Picman

(PRIOR POST)
Most of these issues regarding progression blocking bugs were in the beta releases(pre-release) versions. It also appears these beta versions were spread throughout many Warez, torrent and other illegitimate sites.

If you are experiencing any of these issues, please also post where you got the game. So far customer service has 100% success of resolving these progression blocking issues by simply having the customer download the "official" released version on www.bigfishgames.com or legitimate licensed affiliates. You can identify official affiliates of Big Fish Games by clicking "Buy" and the shopping cart is a BFG URL and BFG branded checkout.

If you are having issues and you did get the game from BFG or a licensed affiliate, then definitely contact customer support.

Picman

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 10:31:55 AM PST

[Post New]by SharonKay42 on Aug 31, 10 10:43 AM
jlewis228 wrote:I'm only getting the bottom half of the dialogs also, thought it was just me so came here and see others are having the same problem.

I'm not getting any of the dialog. The game works fine otherwise so far but I'm obviously missing a lot of the game. I click on a character with the quote bubble and they are spotlighted but I don't see anything else. Also, all the notes & journal pages I've found so far show up as fragments.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from my purchase history but it didn't change anything.

davidvsautism
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by davidvsautism on Aug 31, 10 11:02 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hey Fishies!

If you are having trouble with the blue lantern or stuck at the rope, it will help to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game from your Purchase History or the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8804/drawn-dark-flight-collectors-edition/index.html?src=frmtrygame&osdetect=true">game page</a>.

ETA: Also check out MargieB's post <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/114285.page">here</a> which includes a video walkthrough for the shop window!

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Aug 31, 10 11:47 AM
after uninstalling and redownloading it seemed to be running fine and then I had the same issue AuBrnPeach had. I could hear the music but the screen stayed black. I even walked away for a few minutes but nothing. Had to ctrl alt delete out...oh how frustrating. I want this game in a bad way.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Aug 31, 10 12:16 PM
I too am having a problem with missing dialog/only getting the bottom half of words. When the speech bubble pops up, the speaking character is highlighted, but no dialogue appears.

Its a shame. I bought this game from BFG before I even tried the demo, knowing right away that I wanted this game. Now I can't even experience the entire story. Until a patch fixes this bug, thats 14 bucks down the drain.

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Aug 31, 10 12:19 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hey Fishies!

If you are having trouble with the blue lantern or stuck at the rope, it will help to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game from your Purchase History or the <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/8804/drawn-dark-flight-collectors-edition/index.html?src=frmtrygame&osdetect=true">game page</a>.

ETA: Also check out MargieB's post <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/114285.page">here</a> which includes a video walkthrough for the shop window!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks but this doesnt help my issue. Does anyone else have any ideas? I really want to try this sequel. Im gonna reboot and see if that helps but honestly, I have my doubts. TIA

bfgTigris

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Aug 31, 10 12:30 PM
After about three minutes of playing, my computer closes down

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Aug 31, 10 12:38 PM
jlewis228 wrote:I'm only getting the bottom half of the dialogs also, thought it was just me so came here and see others are having the same problem.
If you are running into trouble with the dialogue displaying correctly, please contact our Customer Support. They should be able to help you out with this. Just click on the in the lower right corner. Then from the help site, scroll down the page and click on the 'Contact Us' link.

To help them easily identify the cause of the problem, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

-bfgOkeechobee

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 12:38:39 PM PST

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Aug 31, 10 12:38 PM
Since I replied this am with computer just turning off in middle of game, I was able to finish free trial. I bought game and now have gotten all the way thru to where I am fixing kite for little boy and computer just shut off (not rebooted). It seems all components on my computer are updated. Not sure why this is happening. Maybe I should un-install and re-install to see what happens. If that doesn't fix problem I will send email to techs.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Aug 31, 10 12:46 PM
Game loaded and is playing but I'm only getting the bottom half of the words too. This may be one game where I will really need the strategy guide. Are the missing words a game glitch? I was so excited to see this sequel to Drawn, one of my favorite games, but want to make sure it's going to work before buying.

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Aug 31, 10 1:41 PM
Hey cagamenut,

As I mentioned in my previous post, if you are having trouble with the words being cut off, if you email Customer Support with a Dr. Felix, they should be able to get the text working for you.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

-bfgOkeechobee

[Post New]by ksdickinson on Aug 31, 10 2:25 PM
I meant for this to be posted outside the quote in my last post lol. Suffice it to say, rebooting didnt work. I think Im gonna have to uninstall this demo

"Thanks but this doesnt help my issue. Does anyone else have any ideas? I really want to try this sequel. Im gonna reboot and see if that helps but honestly, I have my doubts. TIA"

[Post New]by moonsong42 on Aug 31, 10 4:12 PM
I've been really enjoying the game, played through and bought the full version with no problems...until I tried to open the 2nd book in the library. The game minimizes, trying to open it again does nothing, and if I use the Task Manager to check on current processes...the application shuts down. However, the BFG Game Manager doesn't show the game as having been quit until I kill the two (?) Drawn II processes running.

Is this something that can be easily fixed?

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Aug 31, 10 5:52 PM
Multiple technical issues. One is that the further I get into the game, the less likely a scene will load. Instead of the gold circle while the scene is loading I get a white box that spins. And then of course there's the scenes I click on and they undo themselves and I'm back to where I was. Now recently the game stopped working so I clicked ctrl-alt-del and the game came up but interestingly all the windows that were open icons were all D2 icons! And the SDL_app window itself was open. Which is really ODD!

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Aug 31, 10 6:10 PM
moonsong42 wrote:I've been really enjoying the game, played through and bought the full version with no problems...until I tried to open the 2nd book in the library. The game minimizes, trying to open it again does nothing, and if I use the Task Manager to check on current processes...the application shuts down. However, the BFG Game Manager doesn't show the game as having been quit until I kill the two (?) Drawn II processes running.

Is this something that can be easily fixed?

Read about ur TWO processes. I don't think it was two processes. As I noted in mine the icon was being used for almost every process but they were all named differently...

seharmon
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by seharmon on Aug 31, 10 7:26 PM
For me, I get about 10 minutes into the game and it crashes my computer; I'm running Windows 7. I usually play games in windowed mode, but even upon the suggestion of playing in full-screen, the result is the same. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, with no luck. This is getting frustrating!

Go to: