Re:Post any Escape from Frankenstein's Castle technical issues here only

[Post New]by PRJohnson on Sep 7, 10 10:04 PM
I've read a few post with the same problem. I'm stuck trying to get the bone fragment out. I get the dialogue but then nothing happens. Since this is in chapter 6 I really hate to start over, any suggestions? And, will starting over make a difference?

Thanks!
~Paula~

[Post New]by jellyfishjo on Sep 7, 10 10:24 PM
wow, on the forum, there are a whole lotta people out there playing this game that have the same problem as I do, with being unable to get the bone fragment to make Dipples oil in level six. I too, found the skeleton way before I came to the apothecary room, but even then when I got the discussion about being able to take the bone, I still didn't get it then.

I too uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but that did not help. I also don't want to have to start the game all over again with a new profile just so I won't click on the the skeleton too early. Help! BTW, I am running this game on Windows XP.

[Post New]by fluffybuns on Sep 8, 10 8:55 AM
I am having the same bone frag issue! In level four the BIg Fish walkthrough tells you to search the kitchen storage well (so does Isabelle). This let's you find her bones, I assumed, to help with the puzzle in level six. This is definitely a glitch since so many of us are experiencing the same thing. My only recourse is to start the game over and see if that doesn't help. If not, I will ask BFG's for my money back! I might install again, too. That might help.

[Post New]by burtsiskie on Sep 8, 10 10:00 AM
Tarlyna wrote:The Bone fragment tech issue. I have been reading everyone's posts and it seems if you find Isabellas skeleton before you find the secret room behind the fireplace, you end up being unable to get the game to make "finding a piece of bone" a task. I am not the only one with this issue. I have done everything that the walkthru and all other suggestions given. When clicking on the skeleton I get the whole dialog about "are you sure it is okay" with the reply "if it helps reunite you with your love it is fine" type of thing.... and still no bone frag appears in my inventory. Of course I can't get it to tell me that finding a bone frag is even a requirement or a task. I am very frustrated as the only fix so far is to start a whole new profile, and replay the entire game! Considering this part is in Level 6, and that is more than half way thru the whole game, I don't consider that a satisfactory solution! I don't want to replay the whole thing again! Any suggestions??

Thank you for your time!

Laurie

Thank you Laurie - I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I do not want to restart the game either, and I'm about sure that this was a waste of my $6.99. Any suggestions out there would prove most satisfying!!!

Diana

[Post New]by snorkeler525 on Sep 8, 10 1:50 PM
PPC515 wrote:I am unable to clean the glass in the stasis chamber. When I wiped the glass with the rag, only one small streak cleared, then nothing. Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue so would love to hear if anyone solves this problem. It is the first issue I have encountered playing the game.

doralkid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by doralkid on Sep 9, 10 3:40 AM
am having trouble with getting bone fragment like everyone else and refuse to start over.have gone to walkthrough and tried everthing.cannot get the task that tells me to get bone nor get bone from hole in wall

[Post New]by frauholda on Sep 9, 10 5:06 AM
Well apart from the continual frustration of the totally rubbish navigation in this game and the way it has to load all the time - extra annoying when you are going to a scene you did not want, but the navigation has tripped again - I cannot get to collect the bone for the orange solution. Because despite repeatedly clicking on the solution it will not initiate that action. So I go to the kitchen storage and cannot collect the bone because the game won't recognise that as a valid action. I've closed down and gone back several times, without any luck.
This game is a lemon and I'm going to uninstall it - as the games manager says - 'Forever'!!!

I'd like my money back, please. This is not a pastime, it's a waste of time.

[Post New]by ldharman on Sep 9, 10 6:29 AM
ok enough is enough! first i had to restart and play again to get the bone fragment, (Tarlyna is absolutely right, you mustn't go to the skeleton first!) then i had the problem of the rag not cleaning the glass on the stasis machine, so ground to a halt again! refuse to start again and am now really fed up with it! what a waste of a game credit....
thank goodness drawn 2 was so good!

doralkid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by doralkid on Sep 9, 10 5:03 PM
yes big fish i would like a refund of this game also.i have bought hundreds of your games and realize some have been trying and some were a waste of my money,but this is the first one i really got irritated at and have asked for a refund

[Post New]by sayjay1980 on Sep 10, 10 7:34 PM
I'm having the same issue with the bone fragment. I even did click on the orange bottle first and it will not list the bone fragment on my to do list. I do not want to restart my game. Please fix the issue. If not I want a refund/credit.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 7:35:00 PM PST

[Post New]by ShortBear on Sep 11, 10 3:32 AM
snorkeler525 wrote:
PPC515 wrote:I am unable to clean the glass in the stasis chamber. When I wiped the glass with the rag, only one small streak cleared, then nothing. Any suggestions?

sayjay1980 wrote:I am having the same issue so would love to hear if anyone solves this problem. It is the first issue I have encountered playing the game.

Me too! I have gone round and round trying to come up with a solution to no avail. This is the first time I have been this frustrated with one of Big Fish's games. Please, please, please fix this - somebody, anybody!

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Sep 11, 10 6:54 PM
eveoliveros wrote:The draw won't open to get the last eye.

I'm having the same issue. Noticed that not many people apparently are, so I doubt there will be a rebuild. Refund time, I suppose...

[Post New]by robiedobie on Sep 12, 10 2:20 PM
I bought game without trying demo first. BIG MISTAKE!! I get a dark screen & loading in bottom right corner & it takes forever to get to next stage. Then it is just forever again to get to next stage. By time I just get (20-30 min.) to play stage it does the same thing. Never have got to play the game. Don't usually buy without demo first and never will again!! BIG FLOP!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by 5119412 on Sep 20, 10 10:45 AM
ShortBear wrote:
snorkeler525 wrote:

sayjay1980 wrote:I am having the same issue so would love to hear if anyone solves this problem. It is the first issue I have encountered playing the game.

Me too! I have gone round and round trying to come up with a solution to no avail. This is the first time I have been this frustrated with one of Big Fish's games. Please, please, please fix this - somebody, anybody!

[Post New]by 5119412 on Sep 20, 10 10:49 AM
I also am unable to clean the glass in the stasis chamber. When I wiped the glass with the rag, only one small streak cleared, then nothing. game is locked at this point and will not allow a further process in the game
so asked tech for help last week, answer form email, no answer!
poor game at best
as is just a space taker on the drive

[Post New]by Isaiah0901 on Sep 20, 10 8:02 PM
I am having problems with Stasis Chamber also, as I have noticed other people are too. I have the rag to clean the glass, however, when I zoom in on the glass to wipe it, nothing happens. I could sit here for hours wiping the glass and still am unable to see anything. Does anyone have any suggestions, or please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Sep 22, 10 11:57 AM
I am beginning to think that BF is having quality issues. I am having the same problem with the stasis chamber. About 1/3 of the screen clears and no amount of rubbing with the rag will clear any more. Our lovely protagonist keeps on saying she can't see a thing and maybe a rag will help. I think she's blind. The ghost won't let me push the button, so again I go no where. I think that the pressure of a new game every day is rushing the quality control and more and more bugs are creeping into the program. I am tired of having to restart programs in order to do things in just the right order. These problems should be found at Alpha & Beta Testing. Coupled with the fact that I cannot remove a BF game from my computer and install it on my grandson's computer, I am seriously reconsidering my membership. This is not an isolated incident. Snark Busters had the same type of problem and I had to restart from the beginning. Can I get a game credit to replace this problem child?

walnut278
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by walnut278 on Oct 11, 10 9:52 PM
same rag problem. big fish plesse credit us a club point.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Oct 24, 10 3:22 PM
Tarlyna wrote:The Bone fragment tech issue. I have been reading everyone's posts and it seems if you find Isabellas skeleton before you find the secret room behind the fireplace, you end up being unable to get the game to make "finding a piece of bone" a task. I am not the only one with this issue. I have done everything that the walkthru and all other suggestions given. When clicking on the skeleton I get the whole dialog about "are you sure it is okay" with the reply "if it helps reunite you with your love it is fine" type of thing.... and still no bone frag appears in my inventory. Of course I can't get it to tell me that finding a bone frag is even a requirement or a task. I am very frustrated as the only fix so far is to start a whole new profile, and replay the entire game! Considering this part is in Level 6, and that is more than half way thru the whole game, I don't consider that a satisfactory solution! I don't want to replay the whole thing again! Any suggestions??

Thank you for your time!

I am in exactly the same position and I'm loath to start all over again especially since this solution appears not to have worked for everyone so I could be repeating everything to no avail. Also it looks as if there are yet more problems further on in the game. Since there are so many people experiencing these problems it can't be individual computers & must be the game at fault. Is there likely to be a fix? I was really enjoying it until this point.

[Post New]by sfoxxx on Oct 25, 10 9:50 PM
I'M HAVING SO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME AND I WANT MY GAME CREDIT BACK!!!!!

Go to: