Re:Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold-What do you think about the game?

[Post New]by BABYFAT2 on Nov 12, 08 9:07 AM
HI I AM STUCK IN THE WATER CANT FIND THE BOWL WITH THE SPOON IN IT IT GOT ME LOOKING BUT CANT FIND IT OR THE LOCK OR THATS WHAT IT LOOK LIKE TO ME PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by CharliBrown on Nov 12, 08 5:06 PM
Loved it...Can't wait for part two.... as for the looping at the end...someone had posted to delete the game and re-download it. It works fine now.

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Nov 12, 08 9:29 PM
I downloaded the demo version, but didn't even finish it. I finished the first scene (the bedroom, putting the clothes and toys away) and then went into the dark basement. The only three items I could pick up were the pliers, the roll of yellow tape and a pair of scissors. Clicking on the Hint button did absolutely nothing.

I spent almost all of my trial period clicking uselessly all over the screen in the dark basement. I probably won't be buying this game, and I like the type of games where you find objects and then combine them to be used to open other things, etc.

Edited on 11/12/2008 at 9:30:09 PM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Nov 13, 08 2:24 AM
I found the concept of the game great, it is the type of game I enjoy, but found it very frustrating. having to use the hints all the time I would say I used them 55% of the game because there was no way AI would be able to find them.

that took part of the fun away, the mini puzzles were good, but again not enough explanation, I managed them but now sure how, the concept of being able to skip is good, but there should have been more info on the mini games, and the object easier to find without hints, too many in dark corners, and my mouse did not change to an eye, the only time it changed was to a hand.

[Post New]by happyladytn on Nov 13, 08 4:47 AM
Thank you! I know I'm going to go buy it now. I loved ME and just wanted to know if this was much of a challlenge, also. And I do SO not like buying short games....

Edited on 11/13/2008 at 4:48:04 AM PST

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Nov 14, 08 2:41 PM
This my favourite type of the HO formats - finding the hot spot to start the search was challenging as were finding some of the items, loved all the different mini games - the only one I skipped was the fishing one, will definitely be playing this one through again

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 15, 08 1:02 PM
I’m so glad to see that Artogon Games choose to release their new game with Big Fish instead of RA. Artogon created The Mystery of the Crystal Portal which was released through RA. Treasures Seekers Visions of Gold is another visually beautiful game. It also has superior game play and an excellent story line. I hope they continue with this type of game and that we see many more from them in the future. This game has excellent quality in every aspect. Awesome!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Nov 15, 08 1:24 PM
I bought the game because I liked the trial.
Before it was over I was frustrated.
Because of the setup items that did not work the first 5 times I clicked on them later become the next source of clues.
There were times I would drag an item over to its picture and it would pop back to its original hiding place. If I did not notice at the time I had to go find it again.
By the time I got to the nails and lumber I just took a hint, cleaned house for a few minutes and took the next hint. Hated that scene.
Had to reboot to get out of it at the end.
The program could use some tweeking.

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Nov 16, 08 1:26 PM
I just finished the game, thought it was awsome!! we need more games like this one. Loved the mini games, and the intense searching was great. I also liked the fact that the game was long. Cant wait for part 2!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 16, 08 5:34 PM
Celeryhart wrote:Oh prpldva... did they really...? Should I just delete this game and download a new one then.... ??
I"m glad they fixed that...LOL

Thanks for the heads up..

Yep- just un-install and then re-download!

[Post New]by dec12098937 on Nov 16, 08 7:54 PM
i really like this game but i stuck on the first page i can't find what i need to open the door please help me thank you guyes and my hint button don't work please helllpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 16, 08 8:03 PM
dec12098937 wrote:i really like this game but i stuck on the first page i can't find what i need to open the door please help me thank you guyes and my hint button don't work please helllpppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Which of the items in the circles around the door are you missing? There are 4 items to find.

There is a shelf unit beside the door. On the middle shelf there is a small wooden box, the bolts for the door are inside that box. The door handle is on the second shelf of that shelf unit. The door plate is on the small shelf on the left side of the room. The screw driver is on the chair.

Edited on 11/16/2008 at 8:09:11 PM PST

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Nov 16, 08 10:24 PM
This is for us slower fishies playing Treasure Seekers. I was totally frustrated because I could not figure out how to get the magnifying glass to show me where the spot was to open up to add the tools. I was finally successful.
Two Hints:
1. The area that will open has sparkles all around it when your cursor goes over it. Click on the item that is sparkling & you are successful.....phew!

2. Also,I found that the cursor changes from a mag. glass to a hand with a pointing finger. Actually not really sure which comes first..sparkles or hand or both or the .....it is so confusing..just like the chicken or the egg. I was never good with riddles....oh my... LOL

maxforme
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by maxforme on Nov 17, 08 3:21 AM
The game looks good BUT I don't know how to activate the padlocks.I am a bit tired of finding an object then clicking over an other object, having to pick it up again, clicking over a different object till I eventually give up and use the hint. Did I miss some instruction in the beginning of the game? The ? help button doesn't tell me either. Lainey

pocojazz
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pocojazz on Nov 18, 08 10:28 AM
The sparkle helps to find the hot spots. I loved this game, just not long enough!! I found the clicking through dialogue to be a little tedious, but the graphics were great, with the exception of the underwater scenes. Everything was "murky" for me there and had to use lots of hints to find. I like the showing of shapes in HO games. I also thought the hints took a while to recharge, but better than having a limited number, lol.

I also love the skip puzzle option!! Cannot stress enough how frustrating it is to get stuck in a game with no way out. I thought the mini puzzles were fun, not too hard, but not super easy either. Hope to see many more games like this from here.

I am a pretty new poster, but have lurked for hints and have to say this is a friendly bunch here! Much more helpful people than many other forums (and nicer). I love the format that BF has set up where you can search for hints by game and you guys do a wonderful job of staying in topic on individual game pages. Well, hope to post more sometime. Thanks again for being such a great school of fishes!

Pocojazz

[Post New]by Greygallows on Dec 5, 08 10:59 PM
I find it to be slow going and would be great for kids.

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Dec 13, 08 8:35 PM
Have just finished the game completely and it is the BEST! It is great to have a game with truly NO TIME LIMIT! It doesn't matter how many times you click on an item and you get a red cross, or how many hints you ask for, the game is FANTASTIC! Its relaxing, instead of panicing to finish, the puzzles can all be solved, eventually and the graphics are great. And just by the way it ends, it looks like there is going to be a second game, well please BFG get the next one and I will buy it at well. Thanks BFG for a great game, can anyone suggest another game like it, eg no time limit and no restrictions at all?

[Post New]by Fruitbat2008 on Dec 28, 08 11:39 PM
Have just tried to play this game for the first time. Extremely disappointing! Yes, it is untimed but that is the one positive thing I can say about it. Fantastic artwork - but is TOO Dark! You are supposed to guess what the 'active item' is and then you are supposed to guess what items you need to find for each one! Oh, G*d!! Aaargh! There are no lists, the '?' only shows an example and the 'hint' button is useless - it takes forever to recharge & doesn't show me where the item is even when it is (or it is in my blind field - I'm vision impaired so it is in fact larger than the field I can see with lol!).

Needless to say I'm not impressed... 2 out of 10 (1 for the artwork, 1 for the storyline). I am sorry I downloaded this game. Oh well, we live and learn I guess ...

xsbarbcat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by xsbarbcat on Feb 8, 09 7:46 PM
Well, I enjoyed the game. It was set up differently than most hidden object games. There were a couple of puzzles that I gave up on, but all in all I thought it was great. I would like to find another similar game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 24, 09 4:43 AM
Treasures Seekers Visions of Gold is another visually beautiful game by Artogon. It has superior game play, fun minigames, an excellent story line and some of the best artwork I have seen in a game.

I found the game play to be intelligent and well integrated. The items in the scenes actually look like they make sense within the scenes. The story doesn't have a lot of murder, gore or evil like so many other games these days. I hope Artogon continues with this type of game and that we see many more from them in the future.

This game has excellent quality in every aspect. Awesome!

Edited on 05/24/2009 at 4:44:07 AM PST

Go to: