Re:New build of Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold ™ - 11/11/08

[Post New]by Rescue_helo on Nov 16, 09 11:05 AM
yesdarling200320 wrote:Help, I'm on the map where you have to find the codes. I never went that far in math. Can someone PLEASE help me solve this part?

Thank You!
WandaS

Hello,
I'm a bit surprised you haven't received a response to your question. So here is how it works:
Each letter in each equation represents a digit: 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4; these digits are displayed in disorder on the map after you have obtained the equations. The values are: ? = 4; V = 0, ? = 2, ? = 1 and ? = 3. Now, substituting, we get:
? + V = ? -> 2 + 0 = 2
?? - ?? = ? ? -> 43 -21 = 22
? + V + ? + ? + ? = ?V -> 4 + 0 + 2 + 1 + 3 = 10
So the coordinates are
Latitude = 12° 42' N and Longitude = 31° 21' E
These are the coordinates of the small rectangular island, which you will find by moving your cursor around the map between the 12th and 13th parallels and 32nd and 31st meridians.
Now one funny thing which can be misleading when locating the island... the programmers have made a mistake. On the map the 12th parallel is ABOVE the 13th parallel and yet the given Latitude is N (North). It should be S (South), because parallels are counted from the Equator (0°) towards the North Pole (90° N) in the northern hemisphere and towards the South Pole (90° S) in the southern hemishere.
So, either the Latitude is N in which case the parallels have been wrongly inverted, or the parallels are correctly placed and the Latitude should be 12° 42' S and not N.
I hope this little glitch won't spoil your fun and that my explanations will be helpful. Good gaming.

Additum..... OOOPS ! I've just noticed that the greek letters I put in have been replaced by "?". So here it is again:
Lambda = 4 ; V = 0, Pi = 2, Psi = 1 and Omega = 3

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 11:12:25 AM PST

Go to: