equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 5, 10 1:36 AM
I haven't had any problems with the cursor, or the inventory. I finished the demo and I believe I am half-way finished with the game. Concerned that it's not very long. I enjoyed the game a lot, different and interesting. Anyone have any idea about the length?

Joy

[Post New]by Palladia on Sep 5, 10 1:40 AM
Awesome game! The game is quite long and good. This is my third purchase here after Drawn 1, and Drawn 2.

lizac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lizac on Sep 5, 10 1:42 AM
I am really enjoying this one. No probs at all, a nice change.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 5, 10 1:44 AM
Love it!!!! Got through the gate. No problem with the cursor as I changed it in the options. Def a buy for me!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 5, 10 1:53 AM
I didn't use the custom cursor, but I've had the same problems with using inventory items which made the game very sluggish. Loved the sense of fun in it! But won't be buying because of the cursor. Its slowness made the game tedious. Hope others enjoy it!

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Sep 5, 10 2:01 AM
Just finished the demo and bought it. Seems a little easy at first but overall like the game. Haven't noticed a problem with the cursor. I like that it has the option to adjust the brightness level although I didn't use it much since I like them dark and eerie. Well I'm off to check the walkthrough to see how many chapters this game has. I suggest trying it out. Hope you like.

Tellah
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Tellah on Sep 5, 10 2:16 AM
Liked the demo, so I'm purchasing. Even if it's a dark-flavored game, it still has a bit of a sense of humor- like the comment on the fish, what pops up on the computer once you enter the password, some mild poking-fun at adventure game logic in the diary-type dealie... Ahh well, back to playing.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Sep 5, 10 2:20 AM
No music? Mine has music.
Cursor problems? I have no problems with my cursor at all - normal or custom.
Jerky cursor? Mine is just fine.
Can't change 'player' name? I was able to add my name with no trouble at all.
Can't add items to inventory? I added and removed items just as easily with this game as with the other games I've played.

I actually liked the game and was rather surprised the demo hour passed so quickly. I checked the blog and was still on the cemetery chapter, meaning there are 4 more, so this is a good 3 hour game, maybe more, which makes it worth buying in my opinion.

The puzzles in the game are interesting and somewhat different than the ones I am used to, so that make it fun. The graphics are great! I can't wait until I get to the asylum to see what it looks like! On a scale of 1-5 I give this one a 3 1/2 because nothing compares to MCF games, lol!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 5, 10 2:20 AM
Gotta agree w/Robilyn--big-time cursor problem. I've switched between custom and system, and there's still a twitchy (and sometimes even lack of) movement, especially when trying to access inventory. Too bad; got more than enough specs for the game and all drivers are up-to-date. Oh well.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Sep 5, 10 2:24 AM
At first I didn't like the game because I couldn't hear any music. I thought a game like this needs music. Makes it even better. I left the game to do a couple of things and went back in. I faintly heard music so I turned the music volume in the Options menu all the way and my speakers volume up and now I can hear music. It might be worth 5 bucks! lol. I haven't had any problems with the cursor.

I think it's needs a little bit more atmosphere. I thought it would be a creepy game, which I like, but to me there isn't enough creepiness. It is a relaxing game.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 5, 10 2:35 AM
" nothing compares to MCF games, lol! "

Talking of which .. does anyone have any idea at all when we can expect another MCF??

It's months and months since Dire Grove.
Jo

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 5, 10 2:36 AM
Almost a year, in fact.
Jo

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 5, 10 2:38 AM
Can some one please tell us if there is a skip button for puzzles? If so I might add it to my sale list as I'm yearning for a good dark game!

Oops.. I see the skip button in the screen caps now! Guess I'll be spending another 5 bucks lol and I was gonna be sooo good! .... nope that sale got me again!

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 2:44:43 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 5, 10 2:40 AM
artherC there is a post around here somewhere I think its 2 months or so away!

[Post New]by vegaskitkat on Sep 5, 10 2:48 AM
didn't see this problem - I click on play - it minimizes and I have to click on it to go to next screen. This happens after each mouse click in the game -entering my name, clicking on play,etc. also only had 1/2 screen - the rest was a white page. Going to bed now but in the morning, I will try deleting it and re-downloading to see if that helps. I will post the results but if that doesn't cure it - no sale here for sure.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Sep 5, 10 2:59 AM
Just played the trial version - love it, gonna use my game credit to buy it!!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 5, 10 3:06 AM
prpldva wrote:The walkthrough is posted in the blog if you need:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nightmare-adventures-the-witchs-prison-walkthrough/
Thanks prpldva for the W/t! I already needed it for the 5th gear... tsk, and I had been so proud how I handled the tree!

A definite buy for me - fortunately, no technical or cursor problems whatsoever (playing w/ HW cursor on Windows XP; didn't test game cursor, but looked fine at the start). I definitely like the brightness adjustment and that there's no random-clicking penalty.

And I want to know how the story continues (and I do think from some remarks of our heroine about Quinn, that she could need some help, lol!). Also, the game gives me the feeling of being sooo clever when I overcome the obstacles 'they' put in my way - open gate, make light, open safe - which probably means the real experienced adventurers might find it too easy, but I like it!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Sep 5, 10 4:03 AM
I've just finished the game and loved it. Only wish it didn't end so soon! Played for 3 hours and what with jumping up and down to make dinner I reckon it would have been about a 2 and half hour game time for me.
I loved the graphics I and thought it was a intelligently made game. Hint system is good and I like getting tips on the puzzles rather than just having a skip option. The story line is within the game in journals and papers you come across as you progress.
All in all a 10 out of10

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 4:03:35 AM PST

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 5, 10 4:56 AM
I'm not purchasing this one. Besides the technical issues involved, I found the game to be too simple. The graphics are poor, not the brightness but the actual drawing of the graphics themselves.

I found the game to be uninteresting and boring. I'm sure some will like it, if they can get past jittery cursors and slow gameplay. You click on something and have a lag time before anything happens.

For me, this game is truly a "nightmare" and it's being deleted now.

sunnyrocks
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyrocks on Sep 5, 10 5:05 AM
I bought the game after 1/2hr of play time. Some people may not like it because it is may be a little to easy to play. I had no problems with the custom cursor or downloading. Back to playing. I did run into one problem I thougt that after I solved the lottary ticket pieces it would save the #'s in my journal and it did not. I do need the #'s to get into the safe. I just found the #'s on the camera.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 5:09:25 AM PST

Go to: