Problems with cursor

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Problems with cursor

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 5, 10 3:17 AM
Alas I found the custom cursor unusable too but even after changing it I found the game just too jerky to play because I could click on an item in my inventory and it would take at least a minute to jerk its way to where I wanted to use it . I have made my way into cottage and done a couple of tasks there but now my wrist is killing me as it feels as though I have been wrestling with an .

When I had this problem with the actual dragon wheel in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel it was only that one area I could not play and CS told me that I needed to update my graphics card so I guess there are going to be a few of us who need to do that . I just hope that it is going to be worth while putting a new card in an old machine because I sure am not going to buy a new computer just to play this game good as I think it is going to be. Apart from which when you buy a new computer a lot of your old games don't work so dilemma dilemma.

I would just like to add a word of praise for the developer in giving us a Brightness adjuster , I think that is going to be invaluable for those of us who have trouble seeing some things against a dark background.

C

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

Problems with cursor

[Post New]by besstan on Sep 5, 10 3:47 AM
Robilyn wrote:I didn't see a thread for problems, so I will start one. You can not pick up items in your inventory, with the cursor. You have to click, and click and hope it works. Please let us all know when this is fixed. I want to buy this game, but not with this kind of problems.
me too having problems same as you besstan

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 5, 10 3:52 AM
Me too even using ordinary cursor.
Certainly a thumbs up to be able to alter brightness level.

Pity as it looks like a very good game.

lax1822
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lax1822 on Sep 5, 10 4:08 AM
cherbtoo wrote:Alas I found the custom cursor unusable too but even after changing it I found the game just too jerky to play because I could click on an item in my inventory and it would take at least a minute to jerk its way to where I wanted to use it . I have made my way into cottage and done a couple of tasks there but now my wrist is killing me as it feels as though I have been wrestling with an .

When I had this problem with the actual dragon wheel in Secrets of the Dragon Wheel it was only that one area I could not play and CS told me that I needed to update my graphics card so I guess there are going to be a few of us who need to do that . I just hope that it is going to be worth while putting a new card in an old machine because I sure am not going to buy a new computer just to play this game good as I think it is going to be. Apart from which when you buy a new computer a lot of your old games don't work so dilemma dilemma.

I would just like to add a word of praise for the developer in giving us a Brightness adjuster , I think that is going to be invaluable for those of us who have trouble seeing some things against a dark background.

C

I've tried to update my graphics card - I have the latest version. Guess this is a no buy for me too.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 5, 10 4:11 AM
For those with cursorproblems: did you try and adjust the cursorsettings in Configuration? I've got mine set to fast and all the other things turned off (like pointers etc.) I have never had cursor-issues (that needed to be mentioned )
Hope this helps.

Posted in another thread too

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Sep 5, 10 4:23 AM
Same issue here, cursor problems, won't buy until fixed.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Sep 5, 10 4:25 AM
i also have problems with cursor also i cant set time in screem time puzzle clock hands will only go to 12.15 not the time needed

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Sep 5, 10 5:13 AM
I had problems with the cursor too. I turned off the custom cursor and cranked up the pointer speed which helped, but not perfect. Not sure if I will buy because of the cursor problems as it still affects play but at least the game is now normal speed.

For those looking at the TV screen, check along the top for time, not down left side.

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Sep 5, 10 5:26 AM
A good game totally ruined because of the cursor problem, what's happening to BF, it used to be such a good site, but I find I can't play many of the games because of different issues lately.

isabeau1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by isabeau1 on Sep 5, 10 5:28 AM
Same problem with cursor, the game did look like something I would like-But like others I have already spent thirty minutes trying to pick up the screwdriver-

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 5, 10 6:18 AM
I have the same problem with inventory items. I always turn off custom cursors before even starting a game. I did eventually manage to pick up the rag but then could not 'look closer' at the thing I needed to clean w/o putting it down and could not do that.

Very sad. Looked like my kind of game, mostly adventure with a little HOG. But no buy here till this is fixed.

BTW - someone earlier said they had the same problem with today's DD - Dept 59. Great game, I had no problems with it at all.

[Post New]by flosiemoo on Sep 5, 10 6:27 AM
i dont have a prob with cursor...... i just cant play it at all have uninstalled twice no joy ???

[Post New]by friendlyalien on Sep 5, 10 6:32 AM
Game seems almost frozen it's so slow. Even the opening screen is slow. Spent 7 minutes just on the 1st screen at the gate.

twentz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by twentz on Sep 5, 10 6:47 AM
friendlyalien wrote:Game seems almost frozen it's so slow. Even the opening screen is slow. Spent 7 minutes just on the 1st screen at the gate.

Same here! let me know when this is fixed, please.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 6:48:12 AM PST

[Post New]by friendlyalien on Sep 5, 10 6:48 AM
I changed the cursor. The cursor works well now but the game is still super slow. I won't play anymore and certainly will not but until fixed.

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Sep 5, 10 7:16 AM
I am having the same problem with cursor when accessing inventory items. I turned off the custom cursor and it did not help. Is there going to be an update to fix the problem. It looks like a great game that I would buy if the cursor issue is resolved but until them it's a sad no for me

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Sep 5, 10 7:22 AM
Poutoule wrote:This game looked very promising and I nearly bought it without trying it. Glad I didn't, my cursor, after letting me pick up a gear and a cloth, is floating all over the place. Nothing I can do. It a shame as the game seemed great........

That's exactly the problem I had too.. Turned it off. I too like this sort of game but.. unless they have a fix soon,, won't stay on my computer! Too bad,,,,

[Post New]by Truthfire on Sep 5, 10 7:37 AM
I spent the first 37 minutes of the trial hour f****ng with the interactive parts of the game like the gears box and the window and the bird's nest. It ticked me off and I did what I always do when bfg behave this way...I deleted it. I have a fairly fast machine and rarely have programs with other games, so unless "they" put out an update that stops this game's behavior, it's not being considered as a purchase.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 5, 10 8:06 AM
i have not floating cursor,but an impossible way to take any items on inventory!when i clilk on one ,it is often the next that come!,and when i try to put it on the spot where it might be,i loose it and inventory close!and when i am able to put the item in right place,it is for i have get it across screen in 30 seconds!
ps:i have disabled personalised cursor,and my graphic card is updated every friday(when needed,of course!)nothing has worked!

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Sep 5, 10 8:11 AM
Me too with the cursor! Very annoying! Ruins game. Wish BF could iron out these problems before putting the game out there. Waste of time!

Go to: