Re:Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison - Technical Issues

[Post New]by meandmyhunny on Sep 5, 10 8:52 AM
same here cannot get things out of inventory!

Happy_H
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Happy_H on Sep 5, 10 8:52 AM
My cursor movements lag so far behind, it is frustrating! Too bad, I would have bought the game.

swtndsr2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by swtndsr2 on Sep 5, 10 8:59 AM
same here with the cursor....can not get into the inventory and grab....way too slow. Hope they can fix problem...want to buy!!!!

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Sep 5, 10 9:07 AM
Whenever I attempt to retieve items from inventory, the cursor jumps all over the place. I can't contol it to even pick up an item to use it!!!! What's up????

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Sep 5, 10 9:11 AM
Thank goodness it's not just me, I thought there was something wrong with my pc. Can't bfg do anything about it, it looks like a good game.

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Sep 5, 10 9:12 AM
hi my first post.same problem THE CURSOR. Looks like a good game.too bad . p.s. Happy Labour Day to USA and Canada

jampony
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jampony on Sep 5, 10 9:18 AM
This is going to sound mean, but I'm glad so many people are having the same cursor problem. At least it's not just me! Plus, maybe they'll be more likely to try to fix the problem. My computer isn't new, but this is the first game I've had this kind of problem with. I would love to continue playing, as this type of game is right up my alley.

Jaze
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Jaze on Sep 5, 10 9:21 AM
Bouncing cursor here also. I do enjoy this type of game but is impossible to play with the slow, bouncing cursor. What makes it worse is...the $4.99 deal until tomorrow...do you risk purchasing it now and save the $2, only to never have the cursor problem fixed..or..wait and see when and if the problem can be fixed?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 5, 10 9:23 AM
Hi fishies!

I'm going to sticky this thread as the Technical Issues thread.

If you are getting the bouncy cursor, you may want to try updating your video card driver and/or Direct X. These updates fix most common display errors. Here is a help article with more information: Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen.

If you have tried these steps and are still having issues it would be helpful to send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Sep 5, 10 9:29 AM
Bouncing cursor also. I bought the game before I tried it. CRAP! Can someone please contact me when the problem has been fixed?

(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 9:02:34 AM PST

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Sep 5, 10 9:37 AM
Have just contacted bfg for help and will probably hear from them tomorrow. Watch this space.

[Post New]by locomotion22 on Sep 5, 10 9:48 AM
please not another one I cant play the cursor is a big problem for me, all I can do is give up on this one also.please give us a game tha we can play with out problems.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 5, 10 10:06 AM
The problem I notice is that when the game first loads the screen is dark, almost black, and takes a few seconds before if brightens up and you can really see anything. It's very strange and have never had a game do that before... After it brightens up it seems fine. Trying to use the inventory is a bit jerky and awkward too, I have a lot of trouble putting an inventory item down after I pick it up too.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 10:07:07 AM PST

hide3brain
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by hide3brain on Sep 5, 10 10:15 AM
I tried regular and custom cursor. I uninstalled, and reinstalled, the game twice.
glad I didn't buy it. The cursor was impossible to use. Couldn't get the gears in place or clean the window.
There's no excuse for a game to be released with a cursor problem that makes the game (at least for me) worthless.

hide3brain
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by hide3brain on Sep 5, 10 10:21 AM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies!

I'm going to sticky this thread as the Technical Issues thread.

If you are getting the bouncy cursor, you may want to try updating your video card driver and/or Direct X. These updates fix most common display errors. Here is a help article with more information: <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen</a>.

If you have tried these steps and are still having issues it would be helpful to send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support. Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

<a href=" http://games.bigfishgames.com/RightNowImages/TechTools/Dr.FelixBigFishGames.exe">Click here to start Dr. Felix</a>

1. Select 'Run' or 'Save File' to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the 'DrFelixBigFish' file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the 'Next' button.
5. A .zip file, named 'DrFelixResults' will save to your desktop.
6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=160">here</a> for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Thanks everyone!

bfgTigris

Tried it several times. Doesn't get me anything except an error message.

sugar08
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sugar08 on Sep 5, 10 10:47 AM
I'm having cursor problems both with custom and regular. Shaking, can't get to move things from inventory to use. Slow, drags, won't even get to where item should be placed. Also difficulty getting from one screen to another. Turn around arrow there but won't turn and go back to previous scene. Can't get beyond gate. Looks like would be a game I'd buy but not with all these problems. This one is a pain trying to do anything. Hope technical issues can be corrected and we can all have a prominent posting of a fix.

eag2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eag2 on Sep 5, 10 10:55 AM
I'm having the same problem with the cursor and using the standard cursor didn't help.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Sep 5, 10 11:11 AM
I'm also having the cursor issue. Not only did I have trouble moving things in and out of my inventory but after I made it into the house the cursor even became jerky and slow when I was looking in the drawer to pick up items to put into my inventory.

Too bad because I'm joining the chorus of fishies who think this game looks like a lot of fun and want to buy it, glitch-free of course.

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Sep 5, 10 11:20 AM
Same cursor problem. I got a little better when I changed from the custom cursor, but getting things out of inventory and then dropping them when you didn't need them was bad. I even had one time when I was trying to pick up one item and it kept picking up something else entirely. I would love to play this game, but will most likely wait until there is an update.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Sep 5, 10 11:27 AM
I too am having curser problems. Wanted to purchase with weekend sale,but not with glitches.

Go to: