pfalcioni
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by pfalcioni on Sep 10, 10 4:22 PM
If you are unable to save after editing, you will need to change the permissions for the entire file. Be sure you're logged in as adminstrator, then go to the "data" file, right click on "levels" file, select Properties, the Security tab, in the top box choose Users, below that choose Edit, then in the bottom box, put a check mark next to each of the permissions. Save and close out of this, then go back and try modifying the file in Notepad again, it should work.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 6:01:30 PM PST

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by jaleinwa on Sep 10, 10 7:37 PM
That's pretty cool. Thanks so much for sharing and pfalcioni thanks for permissions info, that did the trick.

[Post New]by Ambermese on Sep 10, 10 9:16 PM
Thanks hun , you're a star

I had all but given up on this game cos I was stalled on 4:10 , I hadnt bothered with it for over a week
I came here for some tips , saw and then used your cheat
I gave myself the teeniest of advantages timewise (I wanted the thrill of trying to beat the clock , giving myself tons of time would have spoilt that) and managed it on my second try .. yay , lol

Its nice to know that if a level is beating me and spoiling the whole game , then theres a way to get past it

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by gddaggett on Sep 11, 10 7:37 AM
Cherubabies wrote:You're Welcome!

For those who can't Save - Are you using Notepad?

When you change the .dsc File in Notepad and then Close the File, it will ask you whether to Save the changes or not.

You have to click YES. Hope that helps!

toxshock
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by toxshock on Sep 11, 10 9:27 AM
For those who can't save (i couldn't either, using wins7)

Instead of saving, press save as, and save to desktop, then delete origional and then pop saved as copy into folder, hey presto!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 11, 10 10:18 AM
Worked fine for me. To find files, right click MKFP icon, chose "properties" and then "find target". It will take you to files. Choose "data", then "levels". Find the .dsc level you want. Right click to open. Choose "open with" and then choose "notebook". After making changes, just choose save under file.
Thanks so much for the tip. On the wrong page to see your name but you know who I mean.

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 10:20:19 AM PST

[Post New]by CanMFT on Sep 11, 10 10:34 AM
I opened the file in notepad but I don't see anything that says "worker speed" or "deadline" - how do I know what to change?

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by BaileyBo4 on Sep 11, 10 12:41 PM
kimnick wrote:
talentedsmile wrote:didnt work for me wouldnt let me save it

me either. Am getting very frustrated trying to finish this game and its spoiling the fun of it for me

I couldn't get it to work either. My computer wouldn't let me save my changes---Guess we will have to play until we have to give up....

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 11, 10 5:08 PM
CanMFT wrote:I opened the file in notepad but I don't see anything that says "worker speed" or "deadline" - how do I know what to change?

You didn't open the .dsc file. When you do, you will see something like this -

Level
{
LevelTime 625
Deadline 162
LevelSpeed 10
WorkerSpeed 20
Workers 1
Storage 20
StartMsg 10
EndMsg 11
StartRes
{
Gold 5
Wood 5
Food 5
}
ResIncome
{
Gold 0
Wood 0
Food 0
}

NewBuilding 0 0 0
BonusMod 1.2
BonusCost 65 0 45 0 0 0 100
BonusTime 19 10 25 30 30 15 25

}

Objective
{
Type CollectType
Id 28
Count 2
}

Objective
{
Type CollectType
Id 88
Count 1
}

---------------- Objective' Templates ------------------
xObjective
{
Type CollectType
Id 15
Count 4
}

xObjective
{
Type CollectRes
Gold 20
Tree 20
}

xObjective
{
Type Upgrade
Id 1
Level 2
}

xObjective
{
Type CollectObj
Id 267
}

xMonster
{
Kind Bat
Spawn 8
Respawn 9
Health 8
Speed 6
}

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Sep 11, 10 11:06 PM
Thanks for the cheats Cherubabies! I've been having a lot of fun but I can't change the files for the wolves, snakes, ghosts, etc. I don't see anything when I view those .dsc files that looks changeable in that way. I'd prefer to just skip them altogether - I don't like those kinds of whacking games... Any input?

A little fishie

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 12, 10 12:01 AM
Change the Level Time.

For example, in Level 5.7 where it says Level Time 50 (I think it's 50 or 100 can't remember exactly), reduce it down to 10 or whatever you want. Then only 10 Ghosts will attack you instead of 50.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 12:04:36 AM PST

jerjer8
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jerjer8 on Sep 12, 10 2:13 PM
Ok so I'm not the smartest lightbulb on the block. Where do I go to put C: etc in at?

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 12, 10 7:06 PM
Open Windows Explorer, go to My Computer, go to C: Drive. Then down to Program Files, etc.

[Post New]by dove_of_serenity on Sep 13, 10 8:00 AM
pfalcioni wrote:If you are unable to save after editing, you will need to change the permissions for the entire file. Be sure you're logged in as adminstrator, then go to the "data" file, right click on "levels" file, select Properties, the Security tab, in the top box choose Users, below that choose Edit, then in the bottom box, put a check mark next to each of the permissions. Save and close out of this, then go back and try modifying the file in Notepad again, it should work.

If you use Vista, besides what Cherubabies said to do; you also need to do the above by pfalcioni. XP's you don't have the problem of Administration permissions.

And it can still be challenging. Just put the levels up to the next hundred; such as 826, make it 900. And workers speed, just bump it up to 25.

That still keeps the game challenging, but winnable.

Thanks Cherubabies and Pfalcioni, for the great help.

skyepearl
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by skyepearl on Sep 13, 10 3:15 PM
I changed the deadline from 231 to 1231 on level 2.5 & finished without hearing the "finish before nightfall" statement, yet on the map it shows a silver shield instead of the gold flag. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change something else?

[Post New]by dove_of_serenity on Sep 13, 10 4:58 PM
skyepearl wrote:I changed the deadline from 231 to 1231 on level 2.5 & finished without hearing the "finish before nightfall" statement, yet on the map it shows a silver shield instead of the gold flag. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change something else?

Go from 231 on deadline up to 300. And increase player speed up to 25.

Unsure, but jumping deadline by 1000 may cancel out the gold. I just increased my deadlines up to the next hundred number, and increased player speed on all levels up to 25. Seems to work so far, gold all the way thru 4.10; so far.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 13, 10 5:57 PM
Nope changing Time Level does not change the GOLD.

I changed my deadline to 2000 and I still got GOLD on all Levels!

[Post New]by minipoo2 on Sep 13, 10 6:24 PM
Could you Please help me 'whack the wolves'? I have Windows 7 and can't even get to the program files to change anything.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Sep 13, 10 6:37 PM
Cherubabies wrote:The point is - If the Developers make the Game so hard that you can't win then I don't mind using the Cheat Sheet. After all, I paid GOOD money for this Game, and I didn't pay it so that I can only finish half the game, did I?

Amen to that! Thank you for this info. I passed all of the whacking levels the first time I played the game. I'm playing under a different profile and can't pass the one with wolves. Thanks to you, I can kiss that part of the game goodbye! LOL

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Sep 13, 10 7:21 PM
Thanks for the info. To my non-computer saavy mind, it took a few tries to even find what I needed to do. Which you explained well, my brain just kept fading. lol. Haven't tried to change anything yet, almost time for bed.

But may I ask? What is spawn/respawn?

Go to: